1st and 10 Sim Gameplay

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big Suge Knight, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Big Suge Knight
    AgenT Smith
    Austin1990
    Burrcat2277
    Corey Haggard
    Fmode11
    Ghost
    Kaos
    Legacy
    nobolarrybird
    tar heel
    Reviewing some of the stats and scoring in the league along with some of the "chatter" after USER games I feel it is necessary to elaborate on what is Sim gameplay. When we talk about Sim gameplay it is not simply using a real life scenario to justify what you do or vilify someone for they do. It is more so are we doing things to take advantage of the AI. For example do you run 4 Verts on a 3rd and 10 because you know it is an easy first down and likely a long TD score thanks to the faulty deep coverage AI. Or shifting the D-line and sending a blitzer to overload the O-line for an easy sack. These are just a couple of the more common issues I have seen in my TSO experience and they are done in real life but they not Sim for NCAA or Madden.
    I am seeing too many stat lines with barely double digit rushing attempts and late fourth quarter long TD passes to starting WRs. This is unacceptable and needs to start now. Players with barely double digit catches and a couple yards receiving falls within this category as does bouncing every play outside the tackle box, designed or not.

What I am getting to is we have a responsibility as a part of the TSO community to be held to a higher standard regardless of whether or not we play another USER or the CPU in an OD or a random game against another member of the community. Membership in 1st and 10 and TSO are acceptance of these expectations.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Agree. It appears some guys still do not get it. I start my first user game tonight and I hope hes straight sim. Thats the reason i joined this site.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Drum Roll......

* Mid-season Un-sim player Award

78 completions for 1586 yards equals = 20.3 yards per completion
    15 touchdowns - 12 of which were over 30 yards. 4 over 70 yards.

eubanks.PNG

Not trying to be a dick but pointing out the obvious after looking through user stats :)

4. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Ahh I see it's Austin1990 QB. No need to start shit though, if you had a problem, just PM him or Suge.

5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Just Delete all these posts.

6. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Awesome :( all I can say is that the play calling and execution are both absolutely sim style, and if anyone would like to play me or ask questions about my play style, I am an open book. Nothing involves AI problems, cheese, or repetitive use of routes, I can assure you.

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Locking this down. I have checked out the user stats and some of them seem a little alarming. I dont believe anyone has an issue at this point, I trust that everyone is staying in the SIM frame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.