1st Annual C2C:MVP

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

1st Annual C2C:MVP

At the end of the regular season, every owner will have a first (5 pts), second (3 pts) and third place (1 pt) vote for the award. I will volunteer to tally the points and the winner will be announced prior to the national title game.

2011 MVP Candidates - mid season (stats through week 10)​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Name Team Position Year Key Stats Comments
    Mark Ingram Alabama HB Senior 187 carries, 890 yards, 9 TD Tough call, Bama has spread the ball around. Ingram is the horse though. Struggled vs Ducks - 6 carries, 16 yards. Bounced back slightly in loss to Gators with 74 yards and a TD.
    Dee Finley Florida SS RS Soph 60 tackles (leads team), 2 TFL, 8 INT, 1 TD Brantley (QB) and Hammond (WR) also have strong starts. Has been at his best in the big games, with 2 INT's and TD in win vs Buck, and 3 INT's in win vs Bama.
    Lonnie Pryor FSU HB Junior 186 carries, 1,127 yards, 17 TD Pryor continues to pace the FSU attack, but his yardage output has slowed in the last couple of weeks. Had 96 yards and 2 TD's in win vs Sooners. Injured early in game vs Miami, had 28 yards on 2 carries.
    Laron Byrd Miami WR Senior 44 catches, 932 yards, 13 TD Heir to the big stat throne at the U, J. Harris (QB) considered as well. Had 4 catches for 87 yards (no TD's) in loss vs Utah. Had 8 catches, 75 yards and a TD in win vs Wolverines. Had 65 yards in loss to FSU.
    Tate Forcier Michigan QB Junior 1,910 yards, 14 TD, 10 INT Wolverines best weapon on the team. Threw for 294 yards, 4 TD's and 0 INT's in OT loss to ND. Had 227 yards and a TD in loss to Hurricanes.
    Cierre Wood Notre Dame HB RS Soph 263 carries, 1,553 yards, 21 TD On pace for a potential 2,000 yard season. He is hurt by playing with a freshman QB, which has cost the team in big games. Was huge in win vs Michigan - 234 yards and 4 TD's on the ground. Gained 169 yards and had 2 TD in loss to Utah. Held to 86 yards in loss to USC.
    Jaamal Berry Ohio State HB Junior 174 carries, 810 yards, 15 TD Berry is the key to the Buckeye offense. Was held in check by Gators (69 yards, no TD's) and Horns (58 yards, 1 TD).
    Ryan Broyles Oklahoma WR RS Senior 64 catches, 929 yards, 7 TD Has gone several weeks without a score as the Sooners try and run the ball more. Broyles had 158 yards and a TD in win vs USC. Was shut down in loss to Seminoles, with 38 yards and no TD. Gained 71 yards and scored 1 TD in loss to Longhorns.
    Darron Thomas Oregon QB RS Junior 2,681 yards/30 TD/16 INT passing, 946 yards/12 TD rushing Leads NCAA in yards from scrimmage. Had 231 total yards and 2 TD's in win vs Bama. Had 190 yards passing/15 yards rushing and 2 TD's in loss to Utes, but also had 4 turnovers.
    Malcolm Williams Texas WR RS Senior 52 catches, 1,141 yards, 14 TD Williams has been the constant on a team battling offensive injuries at QB/HB. Had 75 yards and 2 TD vs Buckeyes and 125 yards and a TD in win vs OU.
    Mark Tyler USC HB RS Senior 146 carries, 677 yards, 8 TD With the Trojans moving to a fleXbox One attack during the season, the rushing attempts are being spread out more, hurting Tyler's numbers. Non-factor in loss to Sooners, 45 yards, no TD's. Had 67 yards in win vs Irish.
    Corbin Louks Utah QB RS Senior 2,731 yards/25 TD/5 INT passing, 636 yards/14 TD rushing The surprise of the season. Leads the NCAA in scoring with 29 combined TD's. Leads in Heisman hype. He has been big in the big games, with 237 yards and a TD in win vs Hurricanes. Had 247 yards and 4 TD in win vs Irish. Had 170 combined yards in win vs Ducks, but no scores or turnovers.

Let the debate commence.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Sounds good. Even though everyone knows in C2C the Heisman is legit :p

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Couldn't disagree more. We all know Tebow should have won the first year :p

But yeah this idea sounds good to me. I doubt I will have any offensive player get a vote but maybe someone on my defense can get some votes. Is there a rule that we can't vote for our own players?

4. Dru50

No rule against voting for your own players. I would just ask that people be realistic about who is really the best player (all things considered). If another guy has someone who is dominant all year it would be a bit lame if everyone just voted for the best guy on their team.

For example, the nature of the way I play offense and defense does not seem to lend itself to putting up big stats with any 1 player, so it's highly unlikely one of my guys would win and I doubt therefore that I'll vote for one of them with my first place vote.

5. Dru50

Table is updated with stats through week 3 games. I will update it periodically (probably every 3-4 weeks).

Through the early season, the surprise to me is Cierre Wood, the soph HB from ND. He's put up big stats, including huge numbers in his user game.

My top 3 right now would be:
    Woods - ND
    Broyles - OU
    Byrd - Miami

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Michigan will be starting the Forcier for MVP campaign.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

1 Woods
    2 Thomas

8. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I'm not normally a big stats with 1 guy either so I doubt Broyles will finish anywhere near the top.

9. KnightNoles

I think we have to take in consideration of record, impact of his team and what he does in the community... lol the first two definitely and what ever else you all want to do

10. Dru50

Knight, by 'Thomas' I assume you mean Jermaine Thomas on your FSU team?

If you'd like on the next update I can swap him out for Manuel in the favorite list. I just felt that Manuel having a 300+ QB rating and 7-0 TD/INT ratio was more impressive.

11. KnightNoles

I meant Darron Thomas.. Jermaine isnt with the team anymore and making millions in the NFL
    (n)

12. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Cool idea Dru - the only thing I would add is of somehow a guys performance in user games be worth quite a bit more weight. If a guy can go out and dominate vs the computer but disappears against users, what is he? Worthless.

13. KnightNoles

Yea, I think he kinda emphasized this in the comments about each player

14. Dru50

I totally agree. As Knight mentioned, what I will do is as the table is updated during the season, I will mention in the comments how each player fares in user games, so that everyone can have an idea of who is a 'paper tiger'.

15. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Good idea. The Heisman winners that beef up stats in games vs. the CPU and are average or worse in user games are quite comical and I would think pretty embarrassing to the user that wins it.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Brantley's stats won't look so good after his most recent start is included. He completed under 50% of his passes and threw 1 touchdown versus 3 interceptions. I agree with Finley being my most valuable player. After him its probably Justin Brown (CB) and Lorenzo Edwards (MLB). Pretty much every player on my defense has stepped up so far this season, including a tremendous effort against a very good OSU team.

17. Dru50

From your team Finley and Brown were the two choices I was deciding on. Brown had more INT's, but Finley is leading your team in tackles in addition to getting big plays. Very impressive start for him.

18. Dru50

Update from Austin, TX - Senior QB John Chiles broke his forearm on his throwing arm in the 3rd quarter of Texas' win vs Kansas St and will miss at least 6 weeks.

This will obviously cause Chiles (for whom the Texas fans had great hopes but who can't take a hit evidently) to drop off the MVP list. The early favority to replace him from the Horns is senior WR Malcolm Williams.

19. KnightNoles

I think FSU will nominated Lonnie Pryor instead of EJ.. That was my first user game that I haven passed well in as a whole, I guess it was the first drive that hurt EJs mindset. He threw 6 times completing 5 of them but 2 of those were to the other team. lol

20. Dru50

Candidates updated through week 4 games.

Key storylines going into week 5 include:
    - Texas QB John Chiles injury (which will likely cost him his senior season) dropped him out of the running. The early replacement candidate from Texas is senior WR Malcolm Williams, but Coach Dru indicated that the team will move back to a more balanced attack which could give junior HB Tre Newton a shot down the road.
    - Good news - FSU QB EJ Manuel only had 2 incompletions in the Seminoles big win vs Oklahoma in week 4. Bad news - Both INT's went to the wrong team. His struggles in this game (threw less than 10 passes and less than 100 yards passing) caused him to drop from the favorites. Replacing him is HB workhorse Lonnie Pryor.
    - The performance of Utah QB Corbin Louks caused him to replace his teammate HB Shakerin in the favorites.
    - The Oregon move to a fleXbox One offense is paying dividends for QB Darren Thomas. He leads the team in rushing and passing and has 14 TD's in 4 games. Will the MVP follow the Heisman trophy to Eugene? Scouts are wondering if the Oregon QB can stay healthy all year given the high percentage of the carries he is getting.
    - Alabama plays Florida in a key SEC race. How will Mark Ingram (Bama) and Dee Finley (Florida) fare in this big game?

My top 3 at week :
    Thomas - Oregon
    Woods - ND
    Pryor - FSU

21. KnightNoles

Very, very good stuff Dru and like the storylines

The screen pass that went to him I believe sealed the deal as he took it down inside the 15 and I think it setup his 2nd rushing TD.

and damn Max is the Heisman king its lookin like but its all about that CRISTAL I mean Crystal

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Dee Finley was huge in this game. He didn't put up big tackle numbers (4) but he did intercept Alabama QB's 3 times, including the one that allowed Gators to run out clock. He also tipped the ball or knocked ball loose on several other players. Finley seems to thrive in big time (user) games. His 5 interceptions this season have come against Ohio State and Alabama.

John Brantley/Frankie Hammond Jr/Deonte Thompson made the big plays for Gators on offense but it was defense led by Finley that secured win for Gators.

23. Dru50

I will be updating this for games through week 5 tonight. Please post here if you feel like I have the wrong player from your team included as a candidate.

24. Dru50

Candidates updated through week 5 games.

Key storylines going into week 6 include:
    - Texas vs Oklahoma - This game likely decides the Big 12 South winner. Texas is breaking in a new QB for the remainder of the season and OU is coming off a rough loss to the Seminoles. This game will see a contest between two of the top senior WR prospects for the NFL, Malcolm Williams and Ryan Broyles.
    - Notre Dame vs Utah - A matchup of two of the remaining undefeated user teams. Can Utah continue to upset the big boys or will sophomore phenom HB Cierre Woods continue his torrid pace in big games?
    - Oregon QB D. Thomas is now leading the NCAA in yards from scrimmage and TD's. He is also turning the ball over nearly 2 times per game. Experts wonder if he can stay healthy all year leading the team in rushing attempts.

My top 3 at week 6 (unchanged from week 5):
    Thomas - Oregon
    Woods - ND
    Pryor - FSU

25. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Very nice Dru. I have to vote Forcier as my #1 right now as I had to mix up my defenses to try to contain him.