1st Annual Climb the Ladder MVP

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

1st Annual Climb the Ladder MVP

I implemented this in Coast 2 Coast (stealing the idea from Southern Exposure) and thought I'd do it here as well.

The thought is this, the Heisman is a sham, with the CPU never picking the true best player. This award will be voted on by the owners of this league, and will therefore take into account overall stats, performance in big (ie - user) games, impact on their team, etc. The player can be an offensive or defensive player, there is no bias.

After the end of the regular season, every owner will have a first (5 pts), second (3 pts) and third place (1 pt) vote for the award. I will volunteer to tally the points and the winner will be announced prior to the national title game.

I'll update this tonight once I have a chance to peruse the early season stats and I will put up a leaderboard with the top players from each team.

MVP Candidates - Early 2010 (stats through week 9)

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Name Team Position Year Key Stats Comments
    Darrell Scott Colorado HB Junior 205 carries, 858 yards, 15 TD The workhorse of the Colorado attack, averaging over 100 yards/game. Ran for 177 yards and 3 TD against Wazzou. Was injured for bulk of game vs Syracuse.
    Adam Robinson Iowa HB RS Soph 121 carries, 592 yards, 9 TD Averaging 99 yards per game, but has missed significant time this season.
    Chase Lewis Maryland QB Freshman 856 yards/8 TD/5 INT passing, 1,122 yards/22 TD rushing What can you say? Leads the NCAA in rushing, developing as a passer, and is now the starter for the starter for the undefeated defending national champs. He also leads the Heisman talk. Went for 151 yards rushing and a TD vs South Carolina. Had 259 combined yards and 4 TD in win vs Stanford.
    Deleon Eskridge Minnesota HB Junior 222 carries, 1,105 yards, 14 TD's Every week, he's putting up big numbers. 2nd in the NCAA in rushing behind Chase Lewis. Pounded Miss St for 226 yards and 2 TD. Had 90 yards and a TD in close loss to USF.
    Deon Searcy North Carolina SS Senior 77 Tackles, 31 TFL, 5 Sacks, 2 INT, 1 TD Leader of a tough Tar Heel defense. Leads team in tackles and TFL (leads NCAA at 31) and is second in sacks. Had 7 tackles and a sack in shutout win vs Syracuse. Had 12 tackles and 7 TFL in win vs USF.
    Enrique Davis Ole Miss HB Junior 216 carries, 1,036 yards, 9 TD Carrying the load for a struggling passing game on a team that lost a ton of talent after 2009.
    Tori Gurley South Carolina WR RS Soph 37 catches, 820 yards, 5 TD Deep threat for the Gamecocks, averaging 22 yards/catch. Caught 4 passes for 150 yards in loss vs Maryland.
    Jeremy Stewart Stanford HB RS Junior 132 carries, 673 yards, 2 TD Taking over admirably for 2009 Doak Walker award winner Gerhart. Gained 107 yards and scored TD in close loss at A&M. Gained 60 yards in loss to Maryland.
    Mike Williams Syracuse WR RS Senior 33 catches, 620 yards, 3 TD Leading receiver on injury plagued team. Had 299 yards and 2 TD vs Buffs and only threw 2 passes in late relief in loss to UNC.
    Jerrod Johnson Texas A&M QB RS Senior 196.4 QB rating (leads NCAA), 1,594 yards/17 TD passing, 316 yards/7 TD rushing Has become the true team leader in the past 4 games, putting up big numbers as opponents load up on C. Michael.
    BJ Daniels USF QB RS Soph 1,811 yards passing, 15 TD Young gun driving the Bulls. Threw for 261 yards and 2 TD in win vs Minnesota.
    Marshall Lobbestael Wash St QB RS Junior 2,043 yards passing, 8 TD The Cougars need less turnovers from their offensive leader. Threw for 332 yards and 3 TD vs Colorado.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

(y)

Major props to you. I saw you do this in Coast2Coast and wondered if you would do it here. It takes some time compiling all that info.

I think this will be a good thing for the dynasty as a way to keep an eye on how every team and their star players are doing. Again, thanks for taking the time.

I'll start the MVP talk...

How about MF'in DeLeon Eskridge...:D

3. Dru50

My early top 3:
    1 - Lewis (QB, Maryland)
    2 - Eskridge (HB, Minn)
    3 - Michael (HB, A&M, homer pick)

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

My star player will be back next week. Thanks for mentioning my guys 36 yards against u haha.

but my list goes....

1. Christine Michael
    2. Darrell Scott
    3. Jimmy Stewart

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I think Delone Carter should get it just for running behind that terrible o-line. :)

6. Dru50

Bond, think you could sticky this thread?

Also, am I the only one who wonders why Lewis isn't starting for Maryland? He has 200 more rushing yards than the next closest guy on the team! What more does a frosh have to do to earn a start.

7. astealthyhippo

It looks like he gets almost as much playing time as the starter though, he seems to be producing well. Must be running a lot of QB keepers out of that triple option with Lewis, or just not pitch to the hb on the option.

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

My early vote - Im sure after I play Maryland Ill change my mind...

1- Eskridge (MN)
    2 - Michael (TX AM)
    3- Hampton (Iowa)

9. astealthyhippo

Right now, I'm thinking:

1. Lewis (Maryland) TD's and rushing yards are impressive. Even more impressive is he is producing this as a back up true freshman.
    2. Eskridge (MINN) Rushing yards are great thru 3 games. Played really well in user game (more weight)
    3. Michael (TAMU) Injury taken into effect, plus Dru going back to Run Balanced offense, I look for him to produce huge numbers

10. Bondzai

He's now out for 6 weeks with an abdominal tear.

11. Dru50

I saw that last night when I was perusing injuries on user teams. Who would you nominate to replace him on the MVP ballot?

12. Bondzai

I'm not on the xbox to see the stats but QB Ryan Nassib, WR Marcus Sales, and WR Mike Williams all had big games against Colorado.

13. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

14. Dru50

I've seen that as well. I believe that they only do the Hall of Fame with players recruited by the users in game, which means the first year you could possibly do it would be year 4 of the dynasty (assuming a freshman recruited in 2009 plays 3 years and goes pro as a junior), but more likely year 5.

I think it would be great to do on that basis.

15. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I agree there.

16. Bondzai

Yeah only recruited players are eligible for the HOF.

17. Dru50

Table updated with stats through week 4.

My top 3 stays pretty much the same:
    1. Lewis, QB, Maryland (he might drop in my rankings down the road since it seems wrong to have the MVP be a backup)
    2. Eskridge, HB, Minnesota (although if the Ridge Runners could enter as a team they'd be #1)
    3. Michael, HB, Aggies (again, homer pick)

18. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Just so I am clear on this...........We are allowed to used the formation sub with the QB?

19. Emmdotfrisk

I think that if you have a mic just announce that a new QB is entering the huddle while you are picking ur play (Bond will have to confirm this is ok), since we cant actually see him run on the field. I am in other OD's that do that and it seems to be fair ans works well. At that point if you bring in a speedy QB and ur opponent doesnt know his attributes, well then thats bad scouting!

20. Bondzai

I would say it's ok. I would let your opponent know before the game that you use 2 QBs. If it starts to get abused or seem cheesy we will have to look at it again.

21. astealthyhippo

Mine stays mainly the same:

1. Lewis (Maryland)
    2. Eskridge (MINN)
    3a. Michael (TAMU) More impressive in user game match-up of 3a vs 3b, injured for a game
    3b. Hampton (Iowa) Better stats vs cpu than michael, more rushing yards, td's

This will be a pretty cool thread as the season progresses. Should be interesting as we get close to the end of the season.

22. Emmdotfrisk

I appreciate that you guys are gun ho on Jewel Hampton (Beazus and Hippo) but he is third on the depth chart......he has that many rushing yards because...

1. Starter Adam Robinson injured first play of season, but is now back in action.
    2. Two games have been blowouts so 2nd and third string has got many carries from 2nd quarter on.

23. astealthyhippo

Now that you say that, I do remember that he isn't your starter. Those are some impressive numbers from a 3rd stringer though.

Edit: After his last post, Emmdot = [​IMG]

24. Emmdotfrisk

haha I dont like to put emphasis on just one player. More of a team guy!

25. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

1st-Marshall Lobbestael
    2nd-Deleon Eskridge
    3rd-Deon Searcy(only because he is the only defensive player on the board)