Announcement 1st Annual PFP Team Draft

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Results
    1. Danthraxxx- The Oregon Ducks
    [​IMG]
    2. I Peench- The North Carolina Tar Heels
    [​IMG]

3. DerekC- The Virginia Tech Hokies

[​IMG]

4. JFace907- The Washington Huskies

[​IMG]

5. sawemoff- The Oregon State Beavers

[​IMG]

6. Bulldog- Southern California Trojans

[​IMG]
    7. MartyWebb- The UCLA Bruins

[​IMG]

8. Bucs- Miami Hurricanes

[​IMG]

9. Mike E- Florida State Seminoles

[​IMG]

10. RedZoneD25- Clemson Tigers

[​IMG]

11. Baron- The Utah Utes

[​IMG]

12. papaloke- North Carolina State Wolfpack

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

The first pick in the inaugural PFP Team selection draft goes to Danthraxxx.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

Coach Danthraxxx has revealed his top 5 schools in no particular order:

[​IMG]
    "As a former , but long time Cane' fan I still have some deep feelings for this team. It pains me to see them slip so far from greatness. This year our friends at EA have grossly over-rated Miami in terms of prestige, and I could easily build them back up to national powers withing 2-3 years. The jersey selections here are also a big plus , lots of stylish looks I could throw out here."

[​IMG]
    "Sun & fun out west. Trojans bring in the best QB in the nation, tons of weapons , lots of history and a big time home field advantage. Recruiting would be pretty easy as USC has the best team on the west coast by far, and can always pull kids from SEC country or B1G country as well."

[​IMG]
    "The Ducks have built a great program , and with me at the helm they could finally add some talent in the trenches that is needed to get over the hump. The uniform options are near endless, the stadium is sweet and the mascot is awesome too. Not much to dislike here, other than the crappy weather I might deal with."

[​IMG]
    "Would love to build a winner here and steal some thunder from USC. I have always loved the stadium and the jerseys, would take some work but I enjoy a project team from time to time. This pick would throw a curveball into the draft as well."

[​IMG]
    "Awesome stadium and always a tough road game, I actually hate these jerseys and the stupid ass mascot (WTF is a Hokie anyway?) , but I would be in the ACC which could give me some fun rival games against the U , FSU , and anyone with enough balls to take Virgina. Plus CPU ass kickings for WVU would be fun ( sorry ba , nothing personal )"

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  4. I Peench

Coach Danthraxxx is down to 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. I Peench

With the 1st pick of the inaugural PFP draft, Coach Danthraxxx picks:

The Oregon Ducks

[​IMG]

Quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth

• Like Like x 5
  6. Cheez

The second pick in the inaugural PFP Team selection draft goes to Kim Jong Il.

7. I Peench

Your Excellency has revealed his top 5 schools in no particular order:

[​IMG]
    While they lost Andrew Luck, Stanford had one of the strongest (albeit surprisingly so) recruiting classes last year. With a host of blue chippers on the offensive line, some have called this class the best OL haul in recent memory. Additionally, they recruited Barry Sanders Jr. Who the hell wouldn't want to use Barry Sanders Jr?! With cool pro combats and rich tradition, Stanford is very appealing to me. They don't have the players to fit my spread option, but that won't be an issue after a few recruiting seasons.

[​IMG]
    I'd love to turn this program around. As a Notre Dame fan, I hate U$C with a passion. It'd be fun to turn UCLA into a serious competitor, and dethrone USC as the most dominant program in LA. I'm a huge fan of these uniforms and the Rose Bowl is an AWESOME venue to host games. This is a 3-4 year project, but with the amount of seasons we will churn through, it'd be more than worthwhile.

[​IMG]
    Suwpwise suwpwise madafuckas (asian accent). This shouldn't shock anyone, as I am a huge Tar Heel fan. I love the school, the area (spent a lot of time in Chapel Thrill), and the uniforms. So this is an obvious choice, right? "NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS!". I've run with the Heels a bunch, and part of me is a bit burnt out of them. Are they the favorites here? Probably. But I hadn't thought I'd be drafting this high, so I'm going to really give a number of these schools a great deal of thought tonight.

[​IMG]
    Love the uniforms. Love the logos. Love Scott Stadium. I also prefer academic schools, and UVa is a fantastic school. One of my old middle school buddies was a 4 year starter for UVa, so I have a bit of a personal tie to the program. They have some talent, and QB that can run the spread well. Would be another fun challenge, particularly because I'd get to go against a rival UNC team.

[​IMG]
    Admittedly, this is my wildcard. I love everything about this program, and Arizona is a sleeper of a recruiting pipeline. I know JFace is interested in the ASU and AU, so it'd be nice to reignite my rivalry with him in the Territorial Cup. Really sexy uniforms (and chicas), and a really fun stadium to play in.

• Like Like x 3
  8. I Peench

Coach Peench's Top 3:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. I Peench

With the 2nd pick of the PFP draft, Coach Peench selects:

The North Carolina Tar Heels

[​IMG]

Tar heel was the nickname given to the North Carolina soldiers during the Civil War, because of the state's importance on the confederate side, and because the troops "stuck to their ranks like they had tar on their heels."

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Cheez

The third pick in the inaugural PFP Team selection draft goes to DerekC.

11. I Peench

DerekC has listed his top 5 schools in no particular order:

[​IMG]
    "Red and White: my favorite colors. I love the fact that they are an academic school. Ive run with them before and had a blast. Im not sure if i want to go with them now that my main man luck is gone. It is a high possibility though."

[​IMG]
    "I like the hokies and their jerseys. I dont know much about them, but they are just calling my name for some reason. Ive always wanted to play as them. We will see if i answer the call."

[​IMG]
    "Closest to an sec team imo, I like the offense they run and their defense is pretty stout. Im doing research on them tonight before i decide if they move on to the next round."

[​IMG]
    "I don't like the Seminoles TOO much, they are the wildcard for me. BUT, i could play the gators and beat up on them (hopefully) every year. I despise the gators with a passion."

[​IMG]
    "Who wouldnt want to play with the best team in the game? The best QB and 6 stars? If i want to face roll through recruiting...I'm picking these guys. But, their jerserys are pretty meh...and thats a big deal to me."

• Like Like x 1
  12. I Peench

Coach DerekC has narrowed his list to three schools:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. I Peench

With the 3rd pick of the PFP draft, Coach DerekC selects:

The Virginia Tech Hokies

[​IMG]

"The origin of the word "Hokie" has nothing to do with a turkey. It was coined by O. M. Stull (class of 1896), who used it in a spirit yell he wrote for a competition."

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cheez

The fourth pick in the inaugural PFP Team selection draft goes to JFace907.

15. I Peench

Coach JFace907 has listed his top 5 schools in no particular order:

[​IMG]
    "A team I’ve manned before and had great success. This team is very talented and has great recruiting pipelines already in place. Coach Sark runs a nice pro style that fits my philosophies very well. Not to mention their black jerseys are sick!"

[​IMG]
    "A one star rebuilding project with Mike Leech’s offense? Yes, please! I’m not one to air it out, but Mike Leech’s offense is just too fun to pass up. It also happens to be the closest to scarlet and grey I’ll get in this OD."

[​IMG]
    "Fear the Fork. After moving to Phoenix a couple years ago I fell in love with this school. If I could have made some money I’d be attending that school right now and not living back in freaking Alaska. The girls are smoking and the jerseys look bad ass. Prepare for a black out in Tempe if this is the team chosen!"

[​IMG]
    "I’ve always had tons of love and respect for this lesser respected of the tobacco road schools. I was a huge fan of theirs during their BCS bowl run some five/six years ago. BB&T Field at Groves Stadium was always one of my favorites to watch the ACC night games on ESPN and it is remarkably captured in NCAA. They also have a sexy all black combo that I love putting on display."

[​IMG]
    "Being originally from South Carolina my heart always tends to lean towards schools from the state when I’m not cheering on the Buckeyes. One school that has always found my heart was Clemson. Guys like Woodrow Dantzler, Gaines Adams (RIP), CJ Spiller and more have always made this program a fun one to watch and play with in NCAA. No all-black uni combo here, but their unis are of high quality nonetheless."

• Like Like x 2
  16. I Peench

Coach JFace907 has narrowed his list down to three schools:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. I Peench

With the 4th pick of the PFP draft, Coach JFace907 selects:

The Washington Huskies

[​IMG]

The costumed "Harry the Husky" performs at sporting and special events, and a live Alaskan Malamute, currently named Dubs, has traditionally led the UW football team onto the field at the start of games.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Cheez

The fifth pick in the inaugural PFP Team selection draft goes to sawemoff.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I Peench

Coach sawemoff has released his top five schools in no particular order:

[​IMG]
    "I am a huge pro-style guy, run the ball first and ask questions later. With having Barry Sanders Jr in my backfield with a great OL equals a deadly combination."

[​IMG]
    "The Tigers is a team I played with in the OC, and it was my very first time running the spread offense. I absolutely had a blast running with this team and with the defense they have, boy o boy!"

[​IMG]
    "I am a big rebuilder and this would be a great project for me. I'm not very familiar with them but I do know it will take a lot of work to make them relevant."

[​IMG]
    "Who wouldn't want to play in the Rose Bowl with them powder blue jersey's???? It would also be nice to ruin a USC or Oregon's chance at a national title shot!"

[​IMG]
    "Since Duke will be a project in the ACC, I would like to think the same for the Beavers. I can only imagine my game summary saying, 'Beavers Trap Trojans!'"

• Like Like x 1
  20. I Peench

21. I Peench

Coach sawemoff has chosen...

The Oregon State Beavers

[​IMG]

"The history of Oregon State athletics dates back to 1893, when "Jimmie the Coyote" was chosen as the college's mascot.This was replaced by the beaver in 1910; it has remained the school's mascot. The current costumed mascot Benny the Beaver made his first appearance in 1952. In 1915, the college became one of the four charter members of the Pacific Coast (Athletic) Conference."

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Cheez

The sixth pick in the inaugural PFP Team selection draft goes to Bulldog.

23. I Peench

Coach Bulldog has announced his top 5 schools in no particular order:

[​IMG]
    A team I've always liked and you can't beat those red unis. The black ones are awesome too. They have a great stadium and fan base so don't be surprised if i decide to role with the Utes.

[​IMG]
    Another team I've always liked. The stadium is one of the best in college football but the unis are meh. They have the 6th star prestige, the stadium and the tradition. Surprised to see them drop this far.

[​IMG]
    Great unis, GREAT stadium and awesome school. The stadium may just make my decision easier. Always liked the Bruins surprised to see them drop this far.

[​IMG]
    Another school where i don't really like the unis but love the atmosphere, location, stadium, etc. I've used them before in an OD but not for long so i didn't really get to build them up.

[​IMG]
    I used them in RMG for about 2 seasons and loved it. I've been an FSU fan just about as long as I've been a UGA fan. They are my second favorite school and the stadium, tradition and unis are awesome.

24. I Peench

Coach Bulldog has announced a top three:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. I Peench

With the 6th pick in the inagural PFP draft, Coach Bulldog will take

The USC Trojans

[​IMG]

USC Trojans Football started in 1888 and has amassed an all-time win-loss record of 793–313–54, giving the program a .706 winning percentage. A December 1998 SPORT magazine ranking listed USC as the No. 4 all-time college football program of the 20th century. In 2009 ESPN ranked USC the second best program in college football history

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.