Archived 1st & Ten '12 Season Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big Suge Knight, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well guys we are under two weeks away from game release and TB should be out today at some point. Let's get some conversation going about your team.

Your overall thoughts on the team
    What's roster breakdown looking like? (Seniors,Juniors etc.)
    What player are you excited to see what they can do?
    The strongest unit on your team. The weakest.
    Anything else you notice about the players on the default roster.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I'll venture out ahead of the pack and make a bold prediction - Gonna need some work (& a prayer).

Not being very familiar with this said mentioned Teambuilder, can someone tell me where I can go to see it? Does access need to be purchased? Does this assign names to numbered players, etc? I'm not really clear what it is. I have seen a scouted video of my team's player ratings and things were not overly exciting. Have a few decent players at the skill positions but will be tough road going forward with only :2stars:prestige program. I know from a few versions ago, I think '10 was the last NCAA I played before I moved to strictly FIFA due to no major revelations in the NCAA product produced by EA, that program prestige seemed to play one of the larger roles in recruiting. This was supplemented by pitching other various morsels about the style of play, coaching style, etc.

3. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I can tell you, you got a good QB and WR. Those are probably your best players lol. but just google Teambuilder.

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Thanks. So... you can build your own team with TeamBuilder, but we have selected teams. In lies my confusion. I'm not sure what I am missing but I was up late drinking last night while shooting mofo's on MW3.

5. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Teambuilder is just a way for us to see the full rosters for every team.

It's basically a create a team kind of thing, just more in-depth. You can create any type of team - FCS, fictional, even NFL teams if you wanted.

Since you use an NCAA team's roster as a base, it allows you to see that team's player ratings. We're gonna use original teams, we just will be able to see our entire roster when Teambuilder drops.

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

There's the infomation I was missing! [​IMG] Thanks Doc!

7. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Big Suge Knight you don't wanna just go ahead and start a Season Preview Thread? I think you already had a template for it in first post of the Team Preview thread.

8. Kaos

Kaos Walk On

Looks like rosters are out for team builder!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  9. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I am addicted to Big 10 Network, other than ESPN and ID (Investigation Discovery) it's probably my most watched TV. So without even seeing Teambuilder yet I have a pretty good idea of the players I'm excited to use.

QB: Kain Colter (duh)
    RB: Mike Trumpy (Hoping he stays for his senior year as well.)
    WR: Demetrius Fields

There isnt anyone to truly look forward to on defense unfortunately, other than RS Freshman Abraheim Campbell who should have a bright future at CB. Maybe Teambuilder will see NU's defense different but they are pretty bad, ranked between 10-12 in Defensive Line (12), Linebackers (10), and Secondary (11) for the Big 10.

EDIT: Just saw Kaos' post about Teambuilder. Going to check it out.

10. Kaos

Kaos Walk On

Well may be false alarm! Oregon rosters seem legit but looking at Ohio st pryor's still there. So not sure whats going on.

11. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Dan Persa is still on Northwestern too.

12. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Duke will score points fortunately :)... They will also give up a lot of points :eek:

Should be able to attract offensive recruits by putting points on the board even if they finish around .500 on the season. Defense will be heavily suspect.

Highlighted Players....
    Offense:
    QB #19 Jr - 89
    RB #33 Jr - 84
    WR #2 Jr - 89
    WR #26 Sr - 85

Defense:
    FS #40 Sr - 89

Special Teams:
    K #96 Sr - 84

14. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Idk, some of the rosters are wrong but the new added teams are there.

15. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

16. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

It's quite possible this is last years Duke team. Give it a few hours and check again.

17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

:confused::eek:

18. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Been confirmed by EA that it's not accurate/ready. After looking at the rosters I know well, it's true. Kirk Cousins is still on MSU for example.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

They must be in progress of updating them. Looking at Bama's they're is correct (minus the typical player omissions, mystery players, and some players out of position) but for the most part, it's correct.

20. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Yep. Either way though, I think we can get the Season Preview stuff setup for when it is ready. I'm anxious to do mines.

21. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Well if Bama is accurate the rest should be VERY close behind. It's not like they type it out manually.

22. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Also looks like SOME of the new unis are in. I see Michigan's retro unis. Also a lot of new Oregon jerseys (LOL) including a interesting "Fighting Ducks" labeled one I havent seen before.

EDIT: LOL, ORegon has a helmet with wings on them. :D

23. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Retro jerseys? Cool, I JUST recieved my Shoelace retro jersey from ebay, like yesterday.

24. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I didn't see these "winged" helmets. I did notice they didn't include a lot of the new updated stadiums for this Fall. For example, MSU installed new scoreboard/video screens at both ends of the stadium that are largest in the Big 10.

25. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Here's the jersey. Get the shave, haircut, and hippie jokes out of your system....

The jersey is awesome though, one of my faves.

[​IMG]