1st year's recruits

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Sep 17, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

1st year's recruits

I'm really anxious to see how this crop of recruits turns out. While waiting for the bowl games to get here I started an offline dynasty with Michigan and I finished up the first season yesterday. Some of the recruit's ratings I'm seeing are pretty ridiculous!

I was this || close to signing the #1 HB, but ND stole him from he. He's an 86 OVR with 95 speed.

I signed the #1 WR who is 6'3, 83 OVR with 95 speed (this kick is a freakin' beast! He went for 120 yards and 2 TDs as the #4 receiver in his 1st game.)

And this next one just blew my mind! I don't think I've ever seen a recruit like this in my 4 years of playing NCAA. I signed the #1 OLB who has 85 speed and is rated a freakin' 90 overall!

I can't wait to see if any of us have anyone that can compare to these guys. On a side note, way to go EA on increasing progression and decreasing recruits' starting ratings!

2. jello1717

Hmmmmm. I went over to OS to post about that LB and I found this thread.

There are people there saying that they had 90 and 91 OVR recruits and that they were off season recruits. That HB and WR above were in season recruits, but I think that OLB was probably an off season recruit. I'm wondering if EA just made these top offseason guys super heroes.

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Interesting. Maybe the #1 guy will be a beast, but if the rest are it would indicate that the rankings are pretty meaningless. Not that rankings always correspond perfectly to ratings (nor should they), but if offseason guys are consistently better than their rankings that would be kinda dumb.

4. jello1717

I went and checked out my 90OVR OLB recruit from the previous season and he was actually an in-season recruit, rated #8 in the country. I'd say that's pretty damned impressive for the #8 in-season guy.