2 games left for week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DJDunn6, Dec 13, 2010.

1. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I gave permission for dunlap to use a sub if shiftee did not contact him tonight by 10 pm est. And the Panthers/Texans game is a straight sim. Claven had issues tonight family stuff and duval said he thought it was more fair to let the "sim gods"control it then to play a sub late tonight when he was able.

2. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

By the way there needs to be a couple schedule warnings given out as well.

3. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Agreed - duvalbault is definitely one of them. His scheduling effort this week was pisa poor. Honestly, Claven's wasnt much better...

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

To update on these 2 games, claven and duval both agreed to be simmed for the Panthers-Texans game. Shiftee did show up and they played, but got disconnected in the 3rd quarter (seriously, why is everyone not doing the unranked game????????) they have scheduled the restart for 11:30pm central time tonight, so in about an hour

5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Now they are trying today at 10 am pst.

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

We have another problem with the Buccs-Jags game. Apparently, dunlap meant 10am pacific, which shiftee would not be available for. I have no clue what kind of availability dunlap is going to have for the rest of today, but shiftee's availability is this:

4-6pm EST, 8:30pm - 11:30pm EST

So what happens if dunlap says he's not available in that time frame? Straight sim? Let shiftee play a sub? Let dunlap play a sub whenever that could be? Today is the emergency day

7. BadaBing319

I would say straight sim - Shiftee hasn't been too good at communicating in the forums regarding availability this week...

On a side note, this is Dunlap's second week in a row using the emergency day. I realize this one is D/C related, but still...

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, I will say no offense, but I mean offense. Dunlap's availability is bullshit. There is no way a normal person during this time of the year (or ANY time of the year) should feel obligated to meet his demands on the schedule he currently has.

9. BadaBing319

In past weeks I'd say his schedule demands have been unreasonable. However, I don't see this week as being that way. He basically had up until 4:00 PM eastern on Saturday, up until 1:00 PM eastern on Sunday and the entire day on Monday (final day) to play. He also offered his cell number to communicate.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sadly, this week is the exception rather than the rule. I understand real life always takes precedent over this game we play, but his schedule (excepting this week, I agree with you Bada in that it is fairly reasonable) has been completely painful to work with since his new job.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If I were playing him with his normal schedule, I'd just sub out and not even bother.

12. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

shiftee has just informed me that he has moved some stuff around to play dunlap at the original 10am time. I still don't see that availability as being all that reasonable. If he was unavaiable Saturday and worked all day Monday, when could they really play? Sunday before noon central or Sunday after 1am central?

13. BadaBing319

I guess I don't see how Dunlap being unavailable on Sunday is any different than Shiftee being unavailable on Saturday and Monday. Sometimes schedules don't match up - that's life. However, I don't think there's blame to be placed in this specific situation.

Look, I'm not saying he's the easiest guy to schedule with (far from it). I just think sometimes b/c it's Dunlap, for whatever reason we are quick to place blame on the guy. He's not perfect, but he's far from our worst of 32 owners in the league.

14. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

now I feel bad, shiftee had moved some things around to play at 10 am pacific and now dunlap is missing

15. BadaBing319

Great...grand...wonderful.

16. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

ok, dunlap just texted me back, he is getting on now, crisis hopefully averted

17. BadaBing319

And once again, he pulls one out at the end - unbelievable that guy.

18. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

believe me though, he had his excuses cocked and loaded