#2 Georgia Tech @ #3 Miami

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    #2 Georgia Tech @ #3 Miami

With Coach Juggs not able to make it to the game, the Miami team wanted to make it two and a row over their top rival in the conference.

RB Lamar Miller was spectacular today, rushing for 210 yards on 35 carries. He also caught 3 balls for 45 yards. Jacory Harris passed for over 300 yards (306 to be exact) and threw 3TD's.

Yet on this day that didnt matter. Miami's gameplan early on was run Lamar Miller down the throats of the GT defense. GT wasn't prepared as they allowed 122 yards to Miller alone in the 1st quarter. They scored and the 1st quarter to midway through the 2nd, they would answer any GT score. The turning point was in the 2nd quarter when the Miami offense inexplicably began trying to pass on the GT defense, thus leaving their gameplan to begin the game with. Playaction pass and leaving it in the hands of senior QB Jacory Harris would be a good thing in ANY other case considering he's led them to the promise land last year. But on this day, taking the ball out of Miller's hands for the 2nd quarter (he had 2 carries) proved costly. Harris would proceed to throw 2 interceptions in the quarter. They were up 27-24 before Harris's 1st INT to Jerrard Terrant set up a 17 yard pass from Shaw to Melton. Then with only seconds left in the half, Miami tried to drive for a last second FG but Harris would throw a wounded duck which landed right in Tarrant's hands again, this time taking it to the house leaving 0 seconds on the clock and thus leaving Miami down 45-27 going into the half and with GT getting the ball, Miami had a huge hole to climb out of.

They would never recover. GaTech would get a nice return (and they had great field position all game) with wright scoring his 4th TD on the game. Harris would later get rudely met by Cooper Taylor twice, once on a coverage sack and another on a pick trying to throw a slant. All in all, Harris had 3 costly turnovers on the game.

GaTech leaned heavily on their playmakers, SR-RB Marcus Wright and SR-WR Tyler Melton. Wright had 134 yards on 18 carries and 5TD's scored while Melton caught 6 of Shaw's 9 passes for 197 yards and 2TD's. Defensively, where would GaTech be without FS Cooper Taylor? Miller woulda had over 300 yards if it weren't for TD saving tackle after another. Taylor had 19 tackles on the game with a sack and an INT.

FINAL- GaTech- 59, Miami- 41

2. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

We should have waited for Juggs doesn't he come back tomorrow?

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    shoulda been back today, not sure what happened, we can throw it out and play if we can.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Juggs isn't the type that wants to hold the league up. If Ryno/Ramirez and the other user game aren't played tonight however, I'm sure we could do something.

I mean that's what Mike asked me to do so I did it, not sure if it's fair to ask Mo to play a game twice. But no skin off my back.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I was hoping to be back yesterday morning/afternoon, but we wound up making a stop on the way home and then hit some traffic, and I didn't want to hold the league up any. I'm fine with Mo beating the cpu. I am shocked we hadn't lost previously with me missing so much time this year. I wrote this season off when I realized I was going to miss 3-4 games. It's totally cool. No need to throw it out or make Mo replay it.