2 Minute Drill with Chris Berman

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by sawemoff, Sep 19, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hi folks and welcome to the first in-season edition of the 2-Minute Drill, I am your host Chris Berman. Everyone likes change, right? Well that is what I will be doing today, "changing" things up a bit. Traditionally I talk mainly about one topic but today I will be splitting each segment up in a way I see fit. I may have a segment, ala injuries, that might take thirty seconds. *SPOILER ALERT* Or I could talk about how much I hate the Giants for a minute in a half, hey Steve. You see the name of the game is to have all of my segments add up to two minutes. Without further ado let's start off with our first segment.​
    [​IMG]
    Injuries: 30 seconds
    If the spoiler alert did not already give it away I will be talking about injuries. The worst injury that could have happened did, a career ender. ROLB Chris Gocong for the Browns broke his vertebrae making a tackle. He might not ever see the field again but the most fortunate thing is that he will walk after a long road of rehab. Speaking of back injuries Miami RE Jamaal Westerman, 49er MLB NaVorro Bowman and Jacoby Jones got lucky. Allof these guys ruptured a disk. Jamaal Westerman's injury came from getting up after the play. You heard me correct folks. After the play was over he would get up and fall back down in pain but in 3 weeks he should see the football field again. Now for Bowman he actually ruptured his by, you know, hitting someone. This fierce LB is not scared to get in there and lay the wood on someone but unfortunately he will be missing up to 8 weeks. For Jones he got sandwiched by the SS and CB and when it happened you could hear the crowd go "OOOOOHHHHH." These injuries were almost as common as the broken collarbones. I will not go into detail but 5 players suffered a broken collarbone. I would like to wish these guys all speedy recovery but before we venture to our next topic I have an award to hand out...​
    The wimp award goes to Coach AzureEffect and Kendall Wright. Wright broke his thumb and even though he is a WR just wrap it up and get back on the field!​
    [​IMG]
    Who are you Rex Grossman: 30 seconds
    With it seeming to be a 60/40 draw on who throws and runs the ball this segment will be about "pass happy" QBs. Houston Texans Matt Shaub, New England's Tom Brady, and Mr. Discount Double Check Aaron Rodgers will be dicussed. These guys are top 3 in pass attempts and completions. Now looking at this list you go alright these names are to be expected, except for one. Matt Schaub is leading the league in both categories. Now I am not taking away what Coach Gravity and his team has been able to do in the air but Arian Foster cannot be happy. Only 92 carries on 626 yards is his stats so far with Schuab averaging 365.8 passing yards a game. If you look at what is happening to the league it is changing to more of a finesses game due to the advantage in rules towards the offense. Brady and Rodgers are expected to put numbers up like this with their awful rushing attack. I would want to throw it too if my leading RBs were Cederic Benson and Danny Woodhead. The last part of this segment goes to Detroit Lions QB Matt Stafford and his incredible 13.2 yards per attempt. Megatron is causing this to happen but think about it. Every pass thrown is going well past the first down marker. Vertical throws for a vertical offense, ay? *nods head* An interesting fact is that 14 QBs, AJ Feeley does not count, is averaging over 10 yards per attempt. Can this mean the NFL is adopting more of a spread type of offense? Only time will tell. Again I would like to present an award...​
    This goes to the three stooges in Philly. Michael Vick, Mike Kafka, and Nick Foles gets the Noodle Arm Award! Congrats Coach MartyWebb on having QBs average less than 6 yards per attempt. I see you drafting a QB in the first round.​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Mr. Perfect: 1 Minute
    To wrap things up we will hit on the Mr. Perfects of the TMFL, and no I am not talking about the late Curt Henning. The Giants, Lions, Saints, Steelers, and Falcons (close enough) are still perfect through the first five weeks of the season. Pittsburgh and New York are annihilating their opponents with a respective +94 and +82 point differential. All teams have limited their opponents under a total of 100 points but when you +94 and +82, what do you think? Glitch indeed *chuckles* no, no it is just great coaching. While everyone knew I Peench would be a force to be reckoned with a lot of folks have overlooked the aging Steelers so kudos to you PAgamer07! Looking back at the last segment 3 of the perfect teams rely on the pass. They have been putting up some great stats but points wise they are just scoring to fast and getting into shootouts. You go from high point differentials to +59, Saints, +55, Lions, and +29, Falcons. This is a telling stat because it shows a good rushing offense and a stout defense goes a long ways. Staying on the field longer helps your defense stay fresh but it is to each of its own. *Biased* These guys have played perfectly and deserve the recognition they are getting around the league. Now which one of these will stay undefeated? None of them but I can tell you the most likely teams that do not have a chance are the teams from the NFC South. They will likely beat each other up and get a couple of losses. Plus all of these guys play each other at one point so something has to give, right? But if I were to pick a team that could go all the way I would choose the Lions. While this is totally based on their strength of schedule compared to the others they have Megatron. MEGATRON is everything you need! Moving on now to the award...​
    There is not an award for this one since all of these teams have won every game! Cheesers!!!!​
    This concludes the 2-Minute Drill look for more to come around the half way point. This is Chris Berman signing off, goodnight! ​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Good job saw. Entertaining read

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  3. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Arian would get more carries if he could get more than 3 yards up field without falling.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Running isn't that hard if you stick to it. People just have 30 yards after 10 carries or less and give up most of the time (not saying you do, but that I usually the thing that happens to pass happy teams).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Past two games he has had 42 or 43 carries for 100 yards.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice job on this Saw!

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Great stuff. Losing Titus Young for the season will really hurt our passing game as nobody else can really catch aside from our #1. We hope to build on our recent rushing success with the return of Jahvid Best HOPEFULLY next week.

9. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Great stuff saw!

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I feel your pain with running the ball. I've had one game (against St Louis) where I actually had some holes to run through and was able to move the ball on the ground. In my other 4 games I've averaged about 1.5 yards per carry with an 80 yard run in there to make things look better than they are. That said, I've tried to stick with the run so that I'm balanced but I got away from it some in my last game when I fell behind by 21 with a quarter to play. For me, the issue is that my OL is terrible and I've got to develop the guys some (which requires that I stick with the run since it seems that rushing attempts/yards feed into OL experience points).

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Good work saw. Thanks for pointing that out. :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

13. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Will be very intersting to see who the last undefeated team is. Just looking at the schedules, capp34 seems to have the best chance of lasting the longest. Can't see anyone running the table, howver.

14. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Very cool! Easy, entertaining read. If you want to come to the VFL and tutor some of us on content, feel free :D

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Good read saw.

Trying to revive the running game in GB but am failing horribly.

16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Staffs Ypa is down to 12 but he is bottom 5 in the league when it comes to passing attempts so that skews it. You can thank that to our defense, not typical to see a lions team who led the league in passing in 2011 be that low.