2 QB Etiquette?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by killajo90405, Nov 12, 2009.

1. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

2 QB Etiquette?

I have a scambler and a pocket QB of near equal ability.

QB #1 - Overall 92, speed 87 THA, 87
    QB #2 - Overall 89, speed 59, THA 94

I would like to use both QB's obviously running mostly option stuff with the fast guy and mostly throwing from the pocket with the slow guy.

What is considered fair when it comes to using 2 QBs?

Would it be ok to have specific formations for one guy?

2. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

Personally I say its fine, I think some guys prefer one QB a drive...But I think its fine because its part of the Sub packages...It would require the defense to know their opponent and be able to recoginize what QB is in the game during a specific play...JMO!

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

what one person thinks is fine, another thinks is bush league... that's why we have set rules here.

From the New Member Lounge Rules Section

1. Rotating QB's play to play - If you have one passing QB and one running QB, i really think you should limit the rotation of them. I know it's done "some" in NCAA, but from a personell standpoint the defense can't see who is running on to the field to take the snap at the play call screen and make the appropriate defenseive call. If you want to play a running QB, play him, if you want to play a passing QB.. play him. Just be prudent on the switching in and out during the game because it's not easy to predict or adjust to that on the fly.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Don't see how using the QB sub would be any different from using any of the other sub packages. you could say the same thing about just about every sub package in the game.

with that said, you're going to be a lot more successful just playing the 92 overall guy. 94 THA is nice, but with how this game plays 87 THA is fine and having that speed on the field at all times will give you an advantage.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we've gone over this plenty of times, the QB sub is different because it changes the whole dynamic of your offense from play to play. Subbing in a HB or moving your WR around doesn't impact the defense's ability to scheme to you offense... but changing from a running QB to a passing QB on a play to play basis leaves the defense at a disadvantage.

the defense cannot see what QB you have in the game at the play call screen, which limits their ability to call a suitable defense to combat your QB choice for that play. If the D could see that you just put in your 92 speed QB, they might be able to call appropriate defense.. but as it stands, it becomes a guessing game at the play call screen.

Again, regardless of opinions.. we have set a precident around here for what is acceptable, and i would like guys to just accept that and follow the rules... they were put in place for reasons that may not always be crystal clear to everyone, but as a whole they work to create a sim environment for competition. We've explained our reasons for this specific rule probably 5x this last year when it's been brought up.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm in a similar situation this year.

So just for clarification, is it considered OK to rotate the QB's on a per drive basis and NOT play to play?

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I currently am not in a 2 QB situation but am asking for future reference:

What about slinging on the headsets and telling the opposing user your making a QB change?

I just ask because I have thought about it before and others probably have too. The only problem is not everyone uses their headsets or are able to use them due to other things happening around the house while the game is played so it may not be a great idea.

I respect the set rules and always try to abide by them. As I have told people before I do slip up every now and then and forget about certain league specific rules (Pass Commit is the main thing but I don't think I have done it lately). I am doing a lot better though. I'm just curious and asking for other users.

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yeah I believe it should be held to certain formations. That you can kind of see on the play call screen or at least you can call something for it if you see that package and then audible out if the "passing qb" is in. JMO I have a guy I use only to run option as a change of pace and it always the same formation and 1-2 times a game in an op sports OD.

9. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

ok....maybe I'm not fully getting it but that's kinda vague. Would it be ok to switch once in a drive or should I just use 1 guy per drive?
    Sorry I this is a redundant topic.

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

if you want me to make a hard rule and so no QB switching i can do that... The current rule leaves some opening for it's use on an extremely descretionary basis. If you want to push the boundries of that opening, then you might get pushback from guys your playing against.

Then it becomes an issue when that happens. I would say communication and moderation are your best friends in this issue. If you were to let your opponent know that you like to do this in certain situations / formations and to expect it on a limited basis.. BEFORE the game is played.. in the scheduling thread or over XBL, then it might be a bit easier for a defense to scheme for it.

the key word is "limited" in that paragraph.

11. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Gotcha, I'll post in the playbook section of my dynasty...thanks I just wanted to make sure I didn't cheese!

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

just my opinion but if you have a 2 qb style offense i dont see how its hard to adjust to once you see wats goin on its easy to me to just put a spy out there on the fast qb thats wat the mid play adjustmants is for but i guess the rule is hard in place but thats just my opinion cuz i know in the big 10 i will bring out forcier but on the same drive at some point bring out robinson just to scare the defense, not tryna cause waves just sayin haha