2-QB Systems Discussion

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

So we never really came to a consensus here and I would like to before this next season starts. How do you guys want to do this?

The main points are:

Do you feel the 10 seconds to select your play is enough to realize which QB is on the field and defend appropriately?

Do you feel it is sim to switch QBs within the same series?

My opinion is that yes, it is sim to switch within the same series. See Northwestern and Michigan this year (Although maybe not michigan because they suck at it. Northwestern does it to perfection).

As for the 10 seconds issue, I'm really indifferent. I think it's enough time if you notice it right away. We would have to make the requirement that you post your QBs #s before the game so that your opponent knows which is which. Part of the reason why a 2-QB system is successful is because it keeps the defense on their toes and makes them react quicker, kinda like a hurry up offense. The issue is whether the game allows us to replicate that in a sim manner. I still don't want guys switching every other play though.

My general opinion about any rule or gameplay quirk is that every team in the country does unique things to maximize their talent. So I believe that as long as what your doing isn't f-ing with the CPU AI or giving you an unfair advantage against a user, it's acceptable.

dakota7
    jello1717
    GoGators
    edge7771
    Darkwing
    Nautica
    MaslerBoros16
    Randiesel75
    blLL flo
    UofCWildcat
    Big Suge Knight

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I have no issues with this

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I have no problem with guys using a 2 qb system at all, they can use it when ever they want.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think that switching QBs doesn't require any more time to choose a play as switching from a 2TE set to a 4 WR set, so I think the 10s your given is plenty.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I am fine with since I have been splitting time with Warren and Crower for the later part of the season.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'm indifferent.

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ok by me. i may need to utilize this this year

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I think 10 seconds is sufficient. I always wait to see personal so i usually notice.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sounds like this is a go. I like the idea of posting up your intentions and the QB numbers.

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I agree because those pesky depth charts are so difficult to decipher. Sometimes it takes me a good 35-45 minutes to find the players' numbers on it.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

And I thought it was just me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I would agree with posting players #s but not intentions because then your telling your opponent exactly what to look for when you play him. The purpose of a dual QB system is to confuse and throw off your opponent not give them your gameplan.

beyond that I like that we are all in agreement with the 2 qb system. I hope to land this QB i'm going after who has a killer arm and a good set of legs under him and won't need to use this.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I think Posting #s is enough. It won't take long to figure out who is who if you don't know ahead of time. Posting #s is quite a bit to give your opponent anyway considering he could just get online and check himself.

I'll tell you right now that my 2 QBs are #13 Connor Cook and #3 Alex Lindsay.