2 questions...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 20, 2010.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

2 questions...

so im moderatley new to the user v user games.

1) what is the rule on going for it. it was 4th & 2 from the Miami 36 in the 1st quarter and i was gonna go for it. monk, probably rightfully, told me i needed to punt. is this correct? if so, gay as hell. im not punting from that in real life at miami when im running with success. and im sure as hell not kicking a 51yd FG with my guy. but...just want to know the rule. monk handled it correctly and i apologize if i didnt know a rule. i punted.

2) has anyone else experienced this: the last 3 games, i can not for the life of me get Ryan Williams in the game in the 4th quarter. He is not injured. And 2 of these games I was down by only 10. I changed all the autosubs to put in my backup much quicker (to rest Williams as in real life Evans and Williams will be splitting a lot, etc). Is this affecting the subs in the 4th? anyone heard of this? thank God Darren Evans is a beast or I would have been screwed.

Heath

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

1 - Typically, 4th down punt rules are to keep guys from running money plays on 4th on their own end of the field. In that situation, I think going on fourth is realistic. However, if I was going for it in that situation, I'd stop the game and let the other guy know, because I could understand how someone might expect a punt.

2 - I'm clueless. Never had an issue, and don't know what to do to solve it. I'll look around, though.

3. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

EDIT: Looks like I was correct on the rule.

It was 4th and 2

Here is the rule:

Also on your first big TD run. It looked like you audibled to switch the direction of the run and then hiked it. I don't believe you gave me time to adjust my defense, I could be incorrect on that. That is just how I remember it. It wasn't a big deal because I am sure I did it to you as well when I had the ball. Just figured I would remind you and myself after I read that part of the rule. You will be playing Sample next so I figure I would mention it.

4. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

Just to clarify. I am not saying you cheesed me. It was a straight up win. I am just mentioning it for when you play Sample.

I was correct that you should have punted on 4th I was just wrong on the reason why :p

5. vatechhokie01

im cool with whatever rules are in place. i like arch's comment about pausing the game to talk about it before...what i should have done. hope some time we get to the point where we can trust each other cuz im def not into unsim or cheese play.

as for audibling and not letting you get set. honestly, i did it like 3 or 4 times where i was like, "crap, i don't know if i let him get set." that comes from playing cpu 99% of the time and just not thinking about that kind of thing. i apologize. def not intentional.

however, monk, you little bitch...on that run... Ryan Williams bitchslapped your guy like a redheaded stepchild. and that 80yd run was up the middle. eat my balls. i love you.

6. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

On the audible topic I do the exact same thing. I am 100% sure I did it to you as well.

Most of your big runs came when I was trying to strip the ball. I have gotten into a bad habit of trying to strip the ball every time almost and that causes a lot of missed tackles. So while it was a nice run, I am not sure it was soley because Williams was 'bitch slapping' people. But I could be wrong.

7. vatechhokie01

not people...just you. i talked to him and he said "im gonna punch mbmonk in the balls." and sure enough....there he went.

as for trying to force fumble guys...i have the exact same problem. however, my issues with that vs. you were limited as you ran like a whole three freaking times.

to continue the conversation with everyone about the audibling, so what is protocol? i def didn't do any rushing to snap on purpose. but regardless, am i supposed to sit and wait for a guy to shift his LBs and get set? i understand giving a guy the time for the AI to change from one play to a whole other play...but doesnt seem very sim to not be able to catch shifts a bit off balance.

my thinking on that is, if you are shifting a FB or just direction, im not sure i agree with having to wait. now if whole plays are being audibled, i see definitely having to let the guy adjust. but there are drawn plays that justify my quick-motion or directional point. isnt that kind of the point of them?

thoughts?

again, i hope we can all get to trust each other and weed out the dbags. but i know, first more than anyone, i def just need to get some more user games under my belt.

sample, in our game, feel free to pause and comment. but either way, you are a little bitch and im gonna tea bag you after i score.

heath

8. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

If you don't really play user games i'm gonna F$%k you up! You can not bring that weak shit in my house! Audible all you want, motion the FB, go for it on 4th and 36521, hell i'll even let your guys get a running start like in Canadian League Football, i don't give a f#$k! NONE of that will save you turkeys from getting your head chopped off and shoved right back in your ass!

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Been to the bar tonight?

Let's keep it civil, people. It's all fun and games until someone gets a head shoved up their ass.

:bangnana:

10. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

lmao

11. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

I think there needs to a distinction between motion plays (sending a player in motion ) and audibles/Switching direction of a play.

I have no problem with motion plays, thats in the game. It's fine. And if you call a totally different play (audible) then you should have to wait for the defense to adjust.

The grey area is the switching directions of a play. I don't know if there is a correct answer. To me if you switch the direction of a play real fast and hike it.... it seems like a little gotcha game that is tough for the defense to win and favors the offense a bit too much. I can't move my linebackers faster than you can switch the play and hike it for a number of reason. Mainly because I have to react to you. So even if I could execute the shift of my LB's in the exact same time you can switch the direction, I still lose in that exchange because (my reaction time + my execution time) > your execution time.

As I currently see it if you are switching direction of the play or hot routing ( because the QB motion is the exact same for both actions ) you should give the defender the standard 1 second to react before hiking the ball. But that is my view with very limited knowledge and I am currently still pissed about my loss so I am not exactly impartial at the moment.

12. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

That was awesome!!! You even made the strait laced mormon laugh out loud!

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I know the feeling. :D

14. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

LMAO. I have been repaid twice the amount of frustration I caused you :p

15. vatechhokie01

although you might be the angriest individual i have ever come across in my short life...

this was hilarious.

16. vatechhokie01

but hold up. im confused on the direction thing. when you "change direction," all your qb does is slap his thigh. 2 things to this:

1) 50% of the time when i do this i don't even swith the direction, just bluff the same direction

2) the motion itself takes a frozen second to do. when i see the offense and i'm on D, i already have my 1st shift button pushed and then hit either left or right quick if i feel it has been switched. seem to have time.

again, seems reasonable. now...if a guy is literally hitting the stick to then as fast as he can hit hike (which i have never done and will never do) then maybe we have a problem. but i can guarantee that was not what i was doing.

thoughts?

cuz again, catching the D off a little on small stuff is real-life

17. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

I guess I just disagree. Playing that gotcha game just isn't fun for me. Now this league isn't my personal playground, so I will deal with whatever the rule is. And just because I don't find that enjoyable doesn't mean others do not.

18. vatechhokie01

right...but i think what i am saying is that i'm not into the "gotcha game"...which seems to me to be the see how fast i can shift play then hike.

but there has to be some opportunity to catch d off balance right?

O.2.0 - Motioning: Motioning by backs and receivers is allowed. If the defense audibles before your motion is complete you must wait for the defense to get reset before snapping the ball, when possible. Otherwise, you are free to snap the ball when the Motion man reaches their spot on the field and the motion is complete.

obviously this rule addresses but a bit vaguely. i hear it saying, yes, if you motion a wr or fb and the guy moves to shift you need to be respectful. this is probably both what i intend to do and accidentally failed to you a couple of times. but there is also the "trust point" involved with the clause "when possible." as we've stated, sometimes a guy is slow or sometimes it is unfair to offense to have to wait an extra time to let the D analyze what just happened.

don't know the verdict, but i simply say...let's give the benefit of the doubt. if a guys a dbag, he will be found out and removed.

19. Gozer2312

Gozer2312 Banned

If the point of the game is to be more realistic then you should not have to wait for the defense if you audible.

20. vatechhokie01

gozer...your wr just went for over 300yds in a game, lmao.

did you just comment on realistic?

awesome.

21. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

22. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Don't forget rolling up 490 yards passing in a rout and 50 pass attempts...

gozer is all about sim.

sample--nice win btw. impressive shutout. well done.