2 Questions?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jul 15, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2 Questions?

1) What is the plan for sigs in this league? Have you (lilmaggie) spoken with drifter or ryno about getting sigs that match all the other TF leagues?

2) In regards to the playbook issue we discussed earlier, I had an idea. We should declare one team specific playbook for the year. This can only be changed in the off season once recruiting classes are finalized.

However, I also think we should be able to select one of the generic playbooks that closely resembles the offense of our team specific playbook. So for an example, I'm the Gators, I'd have my UF playbook and then I'd have the generic spread playbook as an alternative. You would not be allowed to use something that's entirely opposite, like the UF playbook and then the fleXbox One playbook.

What are your thoughts?

2. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I have no idea about the Sigs. I don't have time to do them. If any of you want to then feel free.
    The playbook suggestion is fine with me. Maybe a few others would like to weigh in on the matter, but that sounds good to me.

3. GoGators

I noticed the TF 1 league does defensive playbooks that you have to choose for the entire year. We should implement that as well.

4. GoGators

Spoke with Drifter about the sigs. He's going to make them but he's busy right now so he'll get to them when he gets some free time.

5. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Sounds good. I will make a table for playbooks, offensive and defensive and put everyones info in it. Is there any other team info that needs to be in this table so everyone can see it. What about # of scholarships available? Anything else? Let me know if you can come up with some things to put in the tables.

6. GoGators

It might be a good idea to post the # of scholarships available per program. This way we'll all be able to help in monitoring it to make sure everyone is in compliance and you won't be responsible for as much.

You'll just have to start a table for now because we won't know until the named rosters come out what the calculation will work out to.

Have you put any thought into the players leaving issue yet?

7. GoGators

Here's a link to check out.

http://traditionfootball.com/?p=1199

Hellisan ran a simulation recruiting year with UGA. He ended up with 24 recruits and 8 were FIVE STARS. That is ridiculous. I suggest we implement the 4 five star recruit rule I mentioned previously. I think it would be cool to add a fifth five star so long as you win your conference. (Provides a lil incentive) Also, as a penalty for anyone not cooperating with that rule should be penalized 2 five star recruits the following season.

Thoughts?

8. Yeah I like the idea of having an extra 5-th star for winning the conference, as far as players leaving I was thinking

You can't talk a player into coming back if they

A) Won the Heisman or Positional Award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff)
    B) Are a 95 OVR or higher as a SO(RS) or JR

9. GoGators

I like the 95 or greater overall rule but I'm not a fan of the awards one. Today guys win multiple awards and it's possible to win a heisman with a sophomore that's 90 and will want to come back. Also, I think the awards thing will get difficult to track and monitor. The 95 or greater rule is pretty simple and easy to keep track of.

Also, I wouldn't want people benching guys for games or modifying their game plans so that their star player doesn't win an award and will still be able to come back next year.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Helli's recruiting simulation was based on a solo dynasty though. Have to take into account that we will be 12 user teams, and in using the SEC and ACC, we're all basically in the same geographical region so will be butting heads. I'm willing to bet no one gets more than 4-5 5* guys in a season. But we're also using powerhouse teams (ie the Florida trio, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, etc) so having that many is realistic. Any rule you guys make (if you make one at all, that's your call) should be based on the teams you're going to use. If you guys are going with lesser caliber teams...pulling in a top 5 class every year is a bit unrealistic. If everyone is on the same page/level of talent, let it rip. Last year in TT1 we had no rules whatsoever. Yeah we destroyed the cpu every game, but for the most part (except for 1 team) all the rest of us were equal talent wise so it balanced out.

As for the playbook rule. We actually have to pick both an offense & defensive playbook before the 1st game of the year and stick with it thru the entire season. I think just about every TF league did that last year (atleast I know TT1-2-3 did). Good rule, so you know what you're going up against and game plan accordingly.

Just my 2 cents...you guys do what you want though. Doing a great job with the activity level in here though, so was just checking out what you had going on