#2 USC Runs into a Buzzsaw in Iowa City

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hugezombie, Aug 24, 2012.

1. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

Jul 1, 2012
    *I usually do my stats from the EA website, but it doesnt seem to be working. My write-ups are usually much better than this, but without the stats this is all on memory.

In a rematch of the 2003 Orange Bowl, Iowa took on USC. The heavily favored Trojans waltzed into Iowa City expecting an easy victory, it was anything but. Iowa jumped out to a 7-0 lead on the arm of James Vandenberg. USC marched right back down the field and scored a TD. Iowa then marched right down the field again but couldn't punch it in from the 3, so Iowa opted for the Mike Meyer FG going up 10-7. USC worked its way down the field and knotted it up at 10-10 at halftime. James Vandenberg finished the first half 7-7 146 yards and a TD. In the second half Iowa's Defense kicked in with 2 fumbles recovered (including a 56 yard fumble return for a TD) along with 3 INTs. Iowa's D made Matt Barkley look more like a freshman QB than a Heisman frontrunner. At one point Iowa was leading 41-10, USC was able to score two TDs in junk time finishing out the game 41-23. Iowa looks to jump into the top 25 in next week's poll.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

Jun 30, 2011
    congrats on the monster win! this def should serve as notice to the rest of the league that you are for real
    • Like Like x 1