#2 USC Runs into a Buzzsaw in Iowa City

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hugezombie, Aug 24, 2012.

1. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

*I usually do my stats from the EA website, but it doesnt seem to be working. My write-ups are usually much better than this, but without the stats this is all on memory.

In a rematch of the 2003 Orange Bowl, Iowa took on USC. The heavily favored Trojans waltzed into Iowa City expecting an easy victory, it was anything but. Iowa jumped out to a 7-0 lead on the arm of James Vandenberg. USC marched right back down the field and scored a TD. Iowa then marched right down the field again but couldn't punch it in from the 3, so Iowa opted for the Mike Meyer FG going up 10-7. USC worked its way down the field and knotted it up at 10-10 at halftime. James Vandenberg finished the first half 7-7 146 yards and a TD. In the second half Iowa's Defense kicked in with 2 fumbles recovered (including a 56 yard fumble return for a TD) along with 3 INTs. Iowa's D made Matt Barkley look more like a freshman QB than a Heisman frontrunner. At one point Iowa was leading 41-10, USC was able to score two TDs in junk time finishing out the game 41-23. Iowa looks to jump into the top 25 in next week's poll.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

congrats on the monster win! this def should serve as notice to the rest of the league that you are for real

• Like Like x 1