2009 Conference Projections Coaches Poll

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Jul 9, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

2009 Conference Projections Coaches Poll

Figured it would be fun to see who people thought would be the favorite to win the conference so I decided to throw this up here.

I'd make it an actually vote on poll, but that would be far to complicated so everyone just pick a Top 5 for the MAC and CUSA conferences (Top 5 makes it easier though feel free to go further than Top 5 if you like).

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Give me a minute to get the teams' schedules up here to help make everyone's voting process more informed.

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

* indicated user vs user game
    boldindicates home games
    Red indicates conference games

Conference USA

East Carolina - CastorTroy

Appalachian State
    at (23) West Virginia
    at North Carolina
    UCF*
    at Marshall
    at Southern Methodist
    Rice
    at Memphis
    (15) Virginia Tech
    at Tulsa*
    UAB
    Southern Miss*

Southern Mississippi - 1ke

Alcorn State
    UCF*
    Virginia
    at Kansas
    UAB
    at Louisville
    Memphis
    Tulane*
    at Houston*
    at Marshall
    Tulsa*
    at East Carolina*

UCF - NatiSaint

Samford
    at Southern Miss*
    Buffalo*
    at East Carolina*
    Memphis

Miami (FL)
    at Rice
    Marshall

at (4) Texas
    Houston*
    Tulane*
    at UAB

Tulsa - SpreadOption

at Tulane*
    at New Mexico
    at (5) Oklahoma
    Sam Houston State
    at Rice
    (11) Boise State
    at UTEP
    Southern Methodist
    Houston*
    East Carolina*
    at Southern Miss*
    Memphis

Houston - Mcyork

Northwestern State
    at (16) Oklahoma State
    (12) Texas Tech
    at UTEP
    at Mississippi State
    at Tulane*
    Southern Methodist
    Southern Miss*
    at Tulsa*
    at UCF*
    Memphis
    Rice

Tulane - Lucid947

Tulsa*
    (25) Brigham Young
    McNeese State
    at Army
    Marshall
    Houston*
    at Southern Miss*

at LSU
    UTEP
    at Rice
    at UCF*
    at Southern Methodist

Mid-American Conference

Ball State - Riptides

North Texas
    New Hampshire
    at Army
    at Auburn
    Toledo
    at Temple
    Bowling Green*
    at Eastern Michigan
    Ohio
    at Northern Illinois*
    Central Michigan*
    at Western Michigan

Northern Illinois - The Parrothead

at Wisconsin
    Western Illinois
    at Purdue
    Idaho
    Western Michigan
    at Toledo
    at Miami (OH)
    Akron*
    Eastern Michigan
    Ball State*
    at Ohio
    at Central Michigan*

Central Michigan - MurkYa21

at Arizona
    at (24) Michigan State
    Alcorn State
    Akron*
    at Buffalo*
    Eastern Michigan
    at Western Michigan
    at Bowling Green*

at Boston College
    Toledo
    at Ball State*
    Northern Illinois*

Buffalo - NewbSlice

at UTEP
    Pittsburgh
    at UCF*
    at Temple
    Central Michigan*

Gardner-Webb
    Akron*
    at Western Michigan
    Bowling Green*
    Ohio
    at Miami (OH)
    at Kent State

Bowling Green - RageRoolz

Troy
    at (19) Missouri
    at Marshall
    (11) Boise State
    Ohio
    at Kent State
    at Ball State*
    Central Michigan*
    at Buffalo*
    at Miami (OH)
    Akron*
    Toledo

Akron - MorsDraconis

at (8) Penn State
    Morgan State
    Indiana
    at Central Michigan*
    Ohio
    at Buffalo*

at Syracuse
    at Northern Illinois*
    Kent State
    Temple
    at Bowling Green*
    Eastern Michigan

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Are we talking real life here?

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Nah. In game. It's just for fun, to keep interest up some while we wait until the release date (or some of us get our copies early).

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

edit with who the users are..of each team

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

All done.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Conference USA

East
    Southern Miss (1ke) has the better season, but in the regular season finally CastorTroy's strength of schedule shows it worth.

CastorTroy wins C USA East

West
    Based off of how good Tulsa was last year, and having played SpreadOption. He takes the West hands down.

SpreadOption wins C USA West

C USA Championship
    In a hard fought battle, ECU is just too good.

ECU (CastorTroy) 31 Tulsa (SpreadOption) 21

ECU (CastorTroy) wins C USA!

Mid-American Conference

East
    I'm going to take Buffalo (NewbSlice)...I heard they are going to have a good team, plus their two inner league user games are at home.

Buffalo wins MAC East

West
    Central Michigan beats all odds with a STACKED user vs user schedule, and makes it to their 3 conference championship in 4 years.

Central Michigan wins MAC West

MAC Championship
    Central Michigan loses to Buffalo @ Buffalo week 5, but the conference championship is where they call "home. CMU makes adjustments and comes out on top for the first 2010 season!!

Central Michigan (murkya21) 35 Buffalo (NewbSlice) 21

Central Michigan wins MAC Championship!!!!

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol wtf...I play everyone in the MAC?!?!

feel bad for you guys ;)

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Wow, that's really helpful...

they just need to break it down where you can search for certain formations..

Im really excited about the hb misdirection and counters out of shotgun!!

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It wasn't supposed to be a predictions thread for who's going to win it all... Top 5 for each conference was all...

But, whatever. Predictions are just as fun.

Like, I completely disagree that you're going to win our conference. I've got a sneaky trick up my sleeve. ;)

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Wow are we allowed to vote for ourselves??? Too funny! :D

I'm going to start with my conference.

Disclaimer:

I mean no disrespect to anyone in my conference, I could be the worst player of us 6 I have NO CLUE! This is just based on how good these teams are supposed to be based on what I've read and knowing some about the competition being that I live 5 minutes from the UCF campus.

The real kicker is that ECU, UCF, Tulsa, Houston and Southern Miss are all pretty equal in alot of ways. All of those user v. user games could go either way.

CUSA East

Like Murk said it comes down to that final game (which we should work on getting televised, mental note to me) ECU vs. Southern Miss. That game's in Greenville N.C. the rawkus crowd and the conference's best defense gives me the nod in a streetfight! I win the East by the skin on my teeth.

CUSA West

It's between Tulsa and Houston. Houston has already started scoring and the season doesn't start for 2 months! Look they just scored again.

Houston takes the west, but unfortunately also has to come to Greenville for the Championship game (I believe the games are set at the home stadium with best record) and I win 59-57 in a 3 hour marathon that almost results in a divorce for yours truly! j/k or am I????

Let me just say again all of these teams are within a pinky reach of one another it could go any way. Even Tulane should be decent, they have a really good running back whose name escapes me right now. I think the CUSA season will be a blast. There's gonna be alot of hatin' going on pho sho.

13. BDSDIGITAL

I can't believe no one took W.Michigan. that could be the best team in the conference...oh well here goes.

Buffalo wins the East because I'm not a believer in Temple and the rest of the division is shady...no disrespect to the real players..but your teams may be whack, we'll see.

I would love to take W.Mich to win the west but the AI won't win the division will it? I gotta say Central Michigan but damn dude you got alot of user games. Ball St. could get in there. They should be embarrassed in real life for scheduling North Texas and New Hampshire to start the season, way to test yourself there. CMU because of a lack of options.

I'm taking Buffalo to win the MAC. Fuck it why not.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah...that is crazy that I coincidentally play all the users from both divisions...

Im okay with it this season...but I don't want to do this every other season!!

and it doesn't matter how many user games I have as long as I win out my division really.

I like your predictions troy

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

EDIT: LOL this was supposed to go in a different thread!! haha

16. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Winner of the MAC - Ball State

Winner of CUSA - UCF

Both teams have the least amount of user conference games and both play the easier OOC schedule. Look like natural shoe ins for the conference champions to me.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Excuse me if Im wrong, but the amount of user games out of your division have nothing to do with getting into the championship game..

and from there anything can happen..

So, I could lose every single game that is out of my division, but go undefeated in my division and make it to the championship..

18. RageRoolz

RageRoolz Guest

i would have loved to take western michigan(i went there for a semester) but they were taken. that being said, my only prediction is to not count bowling green out!

19. SpreadOption

SpreadOption Walk On

Here are my predictions. Also I want all of you guys to know that I am very full of myself when it comes to this game, and I have the mindset that I will win every game. So anyhow on to my predictions.

C-USA

East
    ECU-favorable schedule

West
    Comes down to Houston and Tulsa. They both have potent offenses. But like I said I'm confident in my game...so Tusa wins the west.

C-USA Champion- Tulsa

MAC
    East-Buffalo
    West-Central Michigan- I just think Murk can win enough user games to win the division

Mac Championship-After 3 straight wins going in, C. Michigan rides the wave of momentum and takes the MAC

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Ok I will weigh in on this topic....I think I have a bitch of an OOC schedule(Hey MAC users care to play a ranked team lol) and I feel that If I get by the 1st 5 games undefeated I should have a good a shot as any to go .500 in user games. I haven't played any of you yet but I think my team has an offense that lets me make a few mistakes on D and still come out on top. Man this game can't drop soon enough.....

21. BDSDIGITAL

I was thinking the same thing about the schedules lol. Feel free to mix in a ranked team once in a while MAC guys. Houston, Tulsa, and ECU all have tough schedules. At OK St and Home for TX Tech back to back is a mofo York! Tulsa goes to Norman and two weeks later has Boise St...jesus. I think if I can get through the UCF game week four 4-0 I have a great chance to go into the VT game undefeated and ranked which would make the game at Tulsa HUGE the next week.

I could be wrong about this, but doesn't the conf. championship game go by overall conference record first not division record? I need to look that up later. York you're right this game can't hit the street soon enough. (y) I should have sprung for the early copy! (n)

22. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Don't look at me. Akron's got freakin' Penn State first game of the season at their place and Indiana and Syracuse aren't exactly pushovers (well, maybe not Indiana).

Murk, has there been a decision on what teams are going to do that have FCS opponents? Are they rescheduling them or are they going to just play the generic FCS games?

23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

You're excused. :p

Games against the other division will still count towards your conference record. Conference record is what gets you into the championship game. Let's say I drop the game against you, but win all my games against the other teams in the division and all against the opposite division. You go undefeated in our division, but lose two games to the other division. I'd win the division, as I'd only have 1 loss.

In terms of predictions, the only thing I can really predict is that it's going to be a long season for Northern Illinois. They may get their only win against Ball State!

24. BDSDIGITAL

The opener in Happy Valley sucks. Tough draw. As far as the FCS games are concerned let me go on the record and say that I have no problem with replacing a FCS team with a 1A team. Just don't replace App St with USC ok Murk.

25. BDSDIGITAL

1A teams shouldn't be playing FCS/ 1AA anyway in real life either IMHO