2009 Heisman Trophy Discussion

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Basis4aDay56, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Feb 22, 2009
    2009 Heisman Trophy Discussion

I am a huge Notre Dame fan. I'll say that now. It completely baffles me that Golden Tate is not receiving WAY more Heisman hype. Anyone watch this kid PLAY the game?? I'm talking end-arounds, running the wildcat, going deep, punt returns, broken tackles, etc. INTANGIBLES people. The Heisman Trophy is all about who is the best player is in college football. That man is Golden Tate.

Stats to Date: 56 receptions, 927 yards (16.6 ypc), 9 TD, 19 rushes, 155 yards (8.2 ypc), 2 TD

Why is Clausen so high up in the Heisman race? BECAUSE OF GOLDEN TATE!
  2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Feb 23, 2009
    If Crabtree cant get a Heisman then I think Golden Tate is plain SOL. Maybe Belitnekoff.
  3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

May 19, 2009
    I agree, Golden Tate should be higher on the list than Clausen. The dude is ridiculous. Without him, Clausen would not be anywhere near where he is statistically.

I was just having this discussion the other day. When did the heisman become about stats? All it takes in college to put up gaudy stats is a system offense and a crappy defense. (see hawaii). I thought the heisman was suppose to be about the guy that made the most difference on the field, not the guy that put up the most yards against crappy teams.

I think Tebow, Ingram, and McCoy deserve to be the top 3, in any order, because they are the driving force behind their teams.
  4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Jul 1, 2009
    I would agree with you had Golden Tate NOT have slipped and fell on that easy route he was running at the end of the USC game. Therefore I drop Tate off the list. I also blame Clausen for not checking him off when he slipped and trying to either throw it to someone else or maybe try to sneak it in for the win.

As an Alabama fan I like that Ingram is in the talks but I don't think it's fair that other running backs like Toby Gerhart are not being talked about in the race.

I like Tebow as a person and I'm glad he has his faith. He may possible come back up at the top and take it but I think he will need to prove a lot by the end of the season for him to win it. I know South Carolina was beaten pretty badly by Tennessee but I think they will play with Florida. The main reason is where the game is, especially if it's at night. You can't tell me there is a team in the country that wouldn't get sick if they found out they had to play a night game in Columbia. If Tebow can come through that game without a blemish and win out with impressive stats here and there (including in the SEC Championship), I say give it to him.

The only one I stand up and say "Shut-Up" about is Colt McCoy. How in the hell is someone in the race with only 15 TD's and 8 INT's? It's ridiculous. Hell Levi Brown at Troy deserves to get it more than McCoy. Without a running game he has become a "system QB" wich is ok, but he can't even run the system without throwing pointless INT's.

Idk who my favorite is just for the simple fact that idk what the Heisman stands for anymore. I thought it was basically an MVP but that was proven wrong when Dennis Dixon didn't when it his Senior season. I know he got injured but that furthered proved how valuable he was when the Ducks lost the rest of their games. Instead they gave it to Tebow just simply because the voters wanted a Sophomore to finally when it and I reckon they all bow to and worship him. My point is if Troy Smith can when a Heisman, Dennis Dixon should have as well.
  5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Apr 19, 2009
    Exactly why LeFevour should have won it (our mini-heisman) in TT IV over Deandre Brown!! :D :D