2009 IOWA HAWKEYE SEASON OUTLOOK

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

2009 IOWA HAWKEYE SEASON OUTLOOK

WITH 14 RETURNING STARTERS, HAWKS LOOK TO CONTINUE WINNING STREAK

[​IMG]

2008 Record: (9-4, 5-3)

2008 Bowl: Outback Bowl vs. South Carolina (W 31-10)

Coach: Emmdotfrisk (0-0 as Hawkeye Head Coach)

Returning Leaders

* Rushing: Jewel Hampton, RB, 463 yards
    * Passing: Ricky Stanzi, QB, 1,956 yards
    * Receiving: Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, WR, 639 yards
    * Tackles: Pat Angerer, LB, 107
    * Sacks: Broderick Binns, DE, 2.0; Adrian Clayborn, DE, 2.0
    * Interceptions: Pat Angerer, LB, 5; Tyler Sash, S, 5

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Other Key Returnees: DE Christian Ballard, OT Bryan Bulaga, OT Kyle Calloway, S Brett Greenwood, LB Jeremiha Hunter, CB Amari Spievey, G Julian Vandervelde

Key Losses: WR Andy Brodell, C Rob Bruggeman, CB Bradley Fletcher, RB Shonn Greene, DT Mitch King, DT Matt Kroul, TE Brandon Myers, G Seth Olsen

Key Newcomers: HB Brandon Wegher :4stars:, WR Keenan Davis :4stars: ATH Jordan Cotton :3stars:, OL Drew Clark :3stars:, HB Brad Rogers :3stars:

Schedule:

9/5/09 Northern Iowa
    9/12/09 Iowa State
    9/19/09 Arizona
    9/26/09 Penn State
    10/3/09 Arkansas State
    10/10/09 Michigan
    10/17/09 Wisconsin
    10/24/09 Michigan State
    10/31/09 Indiana
    11/07/09 Northwestern
    11/14/09 Ohio State
    11/21/09 Minnesota

The Bottom Line for the Hawkeyes:

Iowa did lose a couple quality linemen in guard Seth Olsen and center Rob Bruggeman. However, tackles Bryan Bulaga and Kyle Calloway, along with guard Julian Vandervelde are a good group to build around. The unit gave up quite a few sacks last year, but they also paved the way for Greene to have a superb year. If the line can hold up again, the offense should be in decent shape. ​

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

We've got the season ending showdown. Could be the de facto conference championship game....:D

...in my dreams :rolleyes:

Nice team overview. I'll be looking to do something similar in the next day or so.

3. Emmdotfrisk

haha thanks, I will be looking forward to our game at Kinnick!

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

washington only has 11 seniors, the problem is the rest of the bunch lacks speed and talent.

i do have good linebackers (which i love), but im gonna really rely on them with the bad secondary. the dl is ok, but nothing special.

it looks as if im gonna have to outscore my opposition which looks promising considering my best player is my qb jake locker. i have a decent core of some young receivers & tight ends, but my backs are slow and ordinary. my biggest concern on offense (this is what really concerns me, locker cant get hurt, or im done) is my o-line. im gonna have to outsmart my opponents with passes on first down and some well designed run plays and maybe even the option.

all in all, i think we can have a very good year. while pasadena is not out of the question, that will not be the goal. 9 wins is the goal and anything after that is gravy. we'll know alot more about the huskies come week 1, when lsu comes to town. should be fun, looking forward to talking to you guys throughout the season.

go huskies!

5. Emmdotfrisk

This post goes in the "season 1 recruiting discussion thread" haha