2009 Mississippi State Bulldogs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Shrike, Nov 4, 2009.

1. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

2009 Mississippi State Bulldogs

[​IMG]

Colonel Thrillz is taking over the 2-3 Mississippi St. team.

Season goals:

1. Beat Ole Miss

2. Win Bowl Game

3. Top 40 Recruiting Class

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Didn't realize we added another user. Welcome aboard :D

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Sorry, I'm just getting around to announcing this.

4. The Shrike

Thanks, good to be here. :)

5. The Shrike

Miss St. at Middle Tennessee St.

This one looked like a mismatch on paper, and ending up playing out that way. Middle Tenn St. actually put up a fight in the first quarter, putting together a couple of long drives, one of which ended in a field goal, the other in an interception in the end zone. Mississippi State's defense adjusted to the pass-heavy attack of their hosts, allowing the Bulldogs to pull away for the easy victory.

Key plays:
    - Tyson Lee of Miss St. throws an interception in the red zone with less than a minute to play in the half. Two plays later, though...
    -...Miss St. comes up with a INT for a touchdown
    - In the 3rd quarter, Middle Tennessee is backed up inside their own 15 and elect to pass their way out. Miss State makes them pay with another INT for a touchdown
    - In the 4th quarter, Middle Tennessee lines up to go for it on 4th and 1. They run a pitch and the HB is crushed by LB Chris White in the backfield. The ball hits the turf and is scooped up by CB Marcus Washington who takes it to the house, making it 3 scores on the day for the Miss St. defense.

Players of the Game
    Offense
    Chad Bumphis: 7 Rec, 114 yds, 2 TD; 5 carries, 38 yards

Defense
    Chris White: 7 tackles(2 TFL), FF

6. The Shrike

Florida at. Miss St.

Mississippi State came into to this game looking to shock the nation by upending the undefeated #2 Florida Gators. Instead, they lost 44-21 and no one was even the least bit surprised. The Gators did most of their damage through the air, mixing in the occasional (and equally unstoppable) run by Jeff Demps.

Florida was just too much. Timmy T lobbed balls up for his receivers to jump up and grab. If I sold out to stop the aerial attack, they spread it out and rammed it up the middle.

Key Plays:
    1. The Gators take the ball on their first possession and drive straight up the field. Then, in the red zone, Pernell McPhee sacks Tebow, causing a fumble and knocking the Florida QB out of the game. (Unfortunately, a Gator O-lineman scoops it up and carries it back to the line of scrimmage. Tebow returns on the next possession:()

2. Mississippi State, down 14-7, attempts an option run on 2nd and 7. Florida's D-line bursts through causing Tyson Lee to attempt to pitch it out to his HB. Insert Florida CB here. TD Florida.

3. Can't think of any others, it just sort of became a red haze after that.

Players of the game:

Offensive: Tim Tebow: Something like 28-34 for 350 yards, 7 carries for who the hell cares, I hate Tim Tebow

Defensive: Pernell McPhee: 10 tackles, 4TFL, 3 sacks

7. JAC Xp2002

JAC Xp2002 Guest

Ole Miss vs Miss St

Well what can i say it was a rivalry game and a good one at that. We went back and forth the whole game. Coming into the 4th quarter we were tied then on a long pass play ole miss took the lead by 6 missing the extra point kick. There were several def stops on both sides of the ball with me getting the ball back late in the 4th with 47 secs to go and one time out. I managed to drive all the way down to the ole miss 20yrd line with the game ending in a dropped pass in the end zone. Heart breaking loss but fun.