2009 Off-Season Position Changes (Post All Moves)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Sep 27, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

2009 Off-Season Position Changes (Post All Moves)

Post all of your position changes here as was done in the example below:

LT (77OVR) Mike Somebody to RT (77OVR)--Reason: To provide depth at RT

I'll throw this out there...I'm not a big fan AT ALL of position changes so I don't want to encourage anyone making many changes. My opinion is if you have a need position, you should have filled it in recruiting. But, I know there are others who feel strongly that it should be allowed b/c it happens quite a bit from High School to College.

I only ask that you do it where it makes sense to you and it makes sense to the rest of the dynasty...If you have questions, post them here. If a move is even close to being questionable, post here and we'll hear you out.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'll start it off...

LT (74OVR) Justin Mitchell to RT (74OVR) to start...Mitchell is a new recruit (JUCO) as is the only other LT I had (1* LT, 67OVR). This now gives me 2 LT's and 2 RT's.

3. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name YR Previous Position New Position
    Nai Fotu SR left end right end
    Vincent Jones SO right guard left guard
    Neli Aasa SR right guard center

all these moves were made to give me extra depth at the new postion. all i did was switched which side of the field they play on except for Aasa i needed a Center and couldnt get one in recruiting. I had an extra Guard so i moved him there.

i think these moves are pretty realistic. in real life DE's can play either side depending on strength calls. Guard postions are the same just different sides of the ball. As for G to C linemen changing positions is pretty common.

4. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Name-Old-New
    Matt Akers-RE-LE
    Terrance Kindle-LE-RE
    Nick Bates-LOLB-ROLB
    Damion Whittington-ROLB-LOLB
    Pat Sua-LOLB-ROLB
    Jermiah Toma-ROLB-LOLB
    Charley Robbins-RG-LG

For DE and OLB, I like my #1, #3, #5... to be on the right and my #2, #4, #6... to be on the left.
    For T and G, I like my #1, #3, #5... to be on the left and my #2, #4, #6... to be on the right.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

No changes for boise

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

CSU changes:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Who From To
    M. Starr RT LT
    P. Madsen LT RT
    M. Johnson LT RT
    B. Haynes LG RG
    M. Martin RG LG
    M McCarthy RE LE
    S. McCormick LOLB ROLB
    M. Sisson LOLB MLB

I can't imagine why an explanation of any right <-> left switches are necessary, but here goes anyway. I like 1 side of my offensive and defensive lines to be stronger than the other so that's why I moved my linemen around.

I play a 4-2-5 which only starts the ROLB and MLB while the LOLB doesn't play so I switched my LBs to put my 2 best ones at those positions.
    ROLB

7. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Who From To
    Brad Eskew LG RG
    Kevin Basped LE RE
    Deantae Green LE RE
    Zack Madonick RE DT
    Mose Denton SS CB
    Doyle Miller CB FS
    Shawn Troplett FS SS
    Daniel Nichols ATH QB
    Nick Novak ATH WR
    Waylon Anderson ATH CB

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I didn't jot down my position changes, and I'm at work currently. As I recall however:

- I moved a low rated big HB to FB for depth at FB (I run single back a lot so my backup FB won't get much PT anyway).
    - I switched a LG to RG and a LG to backup C to even out the 2 deep on the OL. I had 4 LG's, one C and one RG to start.
    - I switched a LOLB to ROLB and a LOLB to MLB for the same reasons as the above on the OL.
    - I switched a backup FS to backup SS.
    - I moved a 6'6" WR to TE for development purposes into a downfield receiving TE. He was a 60ish rated WR and a 40ish rated TE now. He may never see the field, but he is a freshman, so we'll see how he develops over the next few years. I did the move because he had no hope of seeing the field as a WR in my offense (below avg speed and route running compared to the other guys on the depth chart) but he had a good frame for a TE if he can put some beef on him.
    - I moved an ATH to WR.

Sorry I don't have more details. If there are any issues with these let me know and I can make whatever changes are needed.

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Didn't know we were going to have to do this and I don't remember what I did. The only thing besides left to right switches I can remember is moving a fatty TE to backup C.

No offense but I think we're going overboard with lists dude. We're playing a game not an MS Word document.

10. jello1717

What is this guy's speed? Usually WR -> TE is the biggest no-no there is for position changes (except for maybe CB -> DE :D )

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

That's fine but I want people to know that we're not going to pull a bunch of crap in this dynasty...So far it looks like we're good overall. This is an active dynasty so I expect people be able and willing to do what's asked of them. I don't ask for much IMO.

12. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I'll post this up when i get home from work as well as my final recruiting.

13. Dru50

I want to say his speed is 87 or 88. I'm not sure exactly, but I don't remember it being overboard. I know what you are saying, but there is evidence that this switch is done in real life with bigger WR prospects out of high school (Buckner at Texas and Stoneburner at OSU were both WR recruits switched to TE).

But I'm the new guy and I don't want to rock the boat. If it's an issue I won't play him this year (which I wasn't going to anyway, he's the 4th best TE) and I'll move him back to WR next offseason.

14. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Positions Changes for ZE Lobos!

Andre Harrison HB > WR
    Mike Muniz C > RG
    Byron Bell RG > RT
    Sam King OLB > RE
    Ben Shelton OLB > MLB

I think that's all I needed to do - I ended up with 9 HBs.... Recockulous!

15. jello1717

You're not in my conference so I don't really care. I'll leave that between you and your conference mates. Just keep in mind that it's pretty rare to get a TE recruit that even has 80 speed, let alone 88. I think that this "TE" is as fast as or faster than about 5/7 of my WRs (but I obviously have slow receivers). I think the biggest issue with WR -> TE is that he'll almost always be covered by a slow LB who won't be able to keep up with an 88 speed TE, especially in this dynasty (I'll start a LB with 74 speed :().

But again, I'll leave this up to the other C-USA guys.

16. Dru50

I don't have an issue not playing him this year and moving him back to WR (or if we haven't advanced by the time I get online tonight I can move him back). Like I said, not trying to make waves. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal.

17. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

Dustin Keller 6-2" 248lbs , Vernon Davis 6'3" 250lbs, Kellen Winslow 6'4" 240lbs. They are all fast tight ends and are used as slot WR's sometimes.

How big is your new TE? if he is < 6'1" 225 thats not a cool move in my opinion. its not up to me though its the commissioners call.

18. Dru50

He's 6'6" and like 210 lbs. I moved him to TE because I think 6'6" is way too tall for a WR.

Just to be clear, he is my 4th TE right now, likely will redshirt and I wouldn't expect him to play for a couple of years. I moved him to TE because I have a ton of depth at WR, he was bottom of the depth chart there and I thought with a couple development years to boost STR and weight (which seems to happen in this game) he could be a good weapon in his JR/SR year.

19. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

6'6" WR with 88 speed. put that man in the game when your in the redzone regardless of his OVR and throw a jump ball. he could be useful this year.

20. jello1717

I think the biggest problem here is that you can't recruit fast TEs or FBs. Fast TEs are awesome for pro style offenses and fast, strong FBs are awesome for fleXbox One teams. Since you can't recruit them, you pretty much have to move a WR -> TE and a big HB -> FB. It's just a question of whether or not we're going to allow that (my fleXbox One team is in dire need of a running threat from the FB position).

21. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

i think we should allow RB to FB and WR - TE just as long as they match a certain size requirement. WR's have to be over 225, HB's have to be over 215 thats what i use in my offline dynasty anyway.

22. jello1717

Yeah. Most TF leagues have the following restrictions and I'm fine with what they have listed.

Position Changes

Pos Notes
    QB: QB Only
    RB: No Restrictions
    FB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    WR: No restrictions
    TE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 220 lbs
    Speed restriction < 90
    OL: No restrictions
    DT: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 265 lbs
    DE: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 210 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 92
    MLB: Restricted
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed restriction < 92
    DB: No restrictions

23. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

As stated before, I'm not big on any of these kinds of moves...But, I will allow certain moves. I don't like the 6'6" WR with 88 speed moving to TE. That guy would be on my team's active depth chart right now. I'm recruiting a dude just like for my E League team (Oklahoma) and hope and pray I can get him.

On NCAA 09 I took the top 10 rated TE's, FB's, etc. and averaged out their HT, WGHT, SPD, CTH, BLK, etc. to make a "minimum" for guys moving to those new positions. I'm at work right now. Anyone want to go into our game and do this for me and post the results? I think a guy should def. meet certain physical attributes before he can move.

Let me know...

24. Dru50

Guys, I didn't mean to start a firestorm. If we haven't advanced past the 'change position' stage I will move the guy back to WR tonight when I can get online. It's not an issue for me and I didn't mean to seem like it was cheesy. Houston is really loaded at WR this year (I think I have 4 guys with over 91 speed with total ratings in the 82+ range) so this particular player is about 7th or 8th on the depth chart. That reason and his height were the reason I did the switch.

If we are past the 'change position' stage, I'll redshirt them both and will not play either in 2010 season.

I really have no problem moving him and the HB I moved to FB back to their original positions. My apologies.

25. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I agree with moving WR's and HB's to TE and FB if they meet a certain size requirement and aren't too fast.

On my offline dynasty in 09 with Toledo, I had a big, possesion type wide receiver who was 84 OVR, then switched him to TE where he was 90 OVR. Ended up as a 99 OVR by senior year. Stan Wilson - he was pretty cool. :)