**2009 Recruiting Thoughts**

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Sep 27, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

**2009 Recruiting Thoughts**

Once we find out our recruits rankings, please post your thoughts here on your guys...Who looks to be a star in the making? Who turned out to look like a dud? Let us know...

2. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

There's a possibility that five starters on my defense could be true freshman. Also, the top three DT's on my team are all incoming recruits, but that will obviously change after progression. My highest OVR was 79 from a 3* MLB who I knew would be good, and my fastest player coming in is a 2* FS with 89 spd. He's also third fastest player on the team... the Bulldogs don't need speed :D

3. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

The Defense will probably start 3 true Freshman in the upcoming season. Ben Moss, CB, will definitly compete for the 2nd CB spot. He is lacking some speed but can hopefully make good use of his 89 MCV and 79 ZCV skills. The LB group will be starting Eric Williamson, OLB. His overall isnt that great due to awareness but has 83 SPD and 91 ACC which will be essential in the 3-4 defense LaTech is switching too.

4. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Ive got a ton of true freshman starters - Linebackers, Corners.... Offense is matured a little but defense is VERY young

5. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

I have 2 SS FR that will see plenty of time they are rotating starts. I have a FR FS that is starting. I have a FR WR at slot who is going to win a Heisman before he goes pro. first game 11 catches 296 yards 3 TD bad part he was open 7 more times and dropped them:mad:

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Let's watch stuff like this...Not just you Shane, we're all guilty of putting up sick numbers if we get the chance, but we don't want to have guys with 3000 receiving yards per season, etc.

Does everyone understand that and get why we want to curb that down a bit?

Thanks...

JHeb

7. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

i spread the ball around big time. i wasnt throwing only to him. i threw a deep post with him for like 45 yards the 2nd play of the game. then it was a slant here, a drag there, maybe a curl/hitch. he had a 3 yard slant he took to the house for like 50yards.

I throw the ball around 40-50 times a game. My top 2 WR will have around 10 catches a game. 3-5 WR will have anywhere from 3-5 catches.

i understand the out of control stats and stuff but i mean i cant help it if i throw a 3 yard pass and he outruns everyone. he only has 91 speed. HOWEVER i think the fact Utah State SUCKS is the only reason his stats are that way.

btw i gave up a 98 yard TD run and a 65 yarder to a 86 speed RB =(

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I gotcha, just wanted to use this opportunity to remind everyone...Just sayin'.

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Houston is a pretty junior and senior laden team this year. The only recruit who will likely see significant PT (pending injuries) is the 5 star CB I snagged in the offseason. I don't recall his name but he came in as an 84 OVR with 94 speed and is immediately the best CB on the team.

10. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

My second best player never sees the field....backup qb now at a 90 rtg lol

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

CSU will be playing a bunch of true FR as our team is pretty terrible. Just off the top of my head I'll be starting true freshmen at:
    RG
    TE
    OLB
    SS
    SS

On top of that, my 2nd best DT is a true FR, but I chose to start the SR who's a little bit worse, but put up good numbers last year. My #3 CB (who plays in the nickle) is a trFR, as are a couple of other 2nd stringers.

The 2nd best player on my defense is the :5stars: SS I picked up last year.