2009 Stanford Cardinal

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Beazus Christ, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

2009 Stanford Cardinal

2009 Stanford Cardinal Preview

[​IMG]

Playbooks

Offense - Minnesota
    Defense - 4-3

Players To Watch

#7 Toby Gerhart
    Senior HB

[​IMG]

The 6'1", 230 lb halfback is a load. He runs with an attitude and wears down opposing defenses. Last year, Gerhart became the 5th player in Stanford history to run for over 1,000 yards in a season. Expect Stanford's offense to flow through this bruising HB, especially since they start a freshman QB.

#89 Doug Baldwin
    Junior WR

[​IMG]

As a sophomore, Baldwin led the Cardinal in TD receptions (4) and yards per catch (14.4). With teams keying on Gerhart, it appears that Baldwin will have plenty of chances to get deep off the play action.

#54 Ekom Udofia
    Senior DT

[​IMG]

The fifth-year senior plays a key role on the Cardinal defensive line. A highly touted player coming out of high school, Udofia has yet to fulfill the promise he showed as a youth. This year, the Cardinal's success depends on stopping RBs like Jacquizz Rodgers and Javhid Best. Can Udofia plug up the middle of the line? Stay tuned.

#20 Clinton Snyder
    Senior LB

[​IMG]

The senior from San Diego leads this talented group of Cardinal LBs. The team's active leader in career tackles (237), sacks (13), and forced fumbles (10), Snyder looks to cap off a successful career in 2009.

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

2009 Stanford Recruiting Guide

[​IMG]

1 Craig Ellis (6'0" 202) *** WR
    - May be fastest player in this year's class (A speed), but has stone hands (D). A project.
    2 Kevin Harmon (5'9 200) * FB
    - Recuiters say he is a 1 star, but measurables (C+ speed / C- Run Blocking) tell a different story.
    3 Bryan Hicks (6'6'' 304) **** T
    - The first 4-star recruit of Stanford's 2009-2010 class, Hicks has talent and will anchor the Cardinal line.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2010 game

Offense - Runs a pretty balanced attack. He sticks with the running game, even when he fell behind. Runs a nice mixture of inside and outside runs. One play he ran that worked for 8-10 yards each time was he'd come out in a strong formation, with 2 TE's to one side. He would then motion the inside TE to the backfield, showing a full house backfield look, which he would then run a dive play to the side where the TE motioned. It worked exceedingly well.

Defense - I think this was Beazus' first go round with the 4-2-5, but he was running it pretty effectively. He completely shut down my running game (outside of a 50 yard run in the 4th, my HB averaged about 2.5 YPC). I was able to find some holes in the zones behind the blitz looks. I don't think he played much man, but with the 4-2-5 it's hard to tell.