2009 washington huskies

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AJ Hart MN, Oct 21, 2009.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

2009 washington huskies

washington 34 - lsu 33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    week 1

what a crazy game!

first off, i lost my starting hb for the year with a broken collarbone(ouch). it was pretty much back and forth the whole game. lsu was up 33-27 with about 2mns left when i dropped a wide open pass on 4th down, things were looking grim but i had all my timeouts left.

on the ensueing drive, he does 3 running plays to charles scott, the third was a 3rd and 2 from my 40 when my middle linebacker made a fantastic tackle to force a 4th down, meanwhile he makes me exhaust all my timeouts. he punts and thankfully for me, it's a touchback.

80 yards, no timeouts and 1:20 on the clock, that's when the magic happened. i quickly drive 60 yards in about a 40 seconds on a couple of blown coverages (i had no friggin room the entire game, but now i get a couple of lucky breaks). on a 2nd and 10 jake locker completes a 4 yard pass but my receiver fails to make it out of bounds but what's worse is that locker gets dinged and has to leave the game. the backup comes in and totally overthrows a wide open receiver breaking open in the endzone. 4th and 6 on about the 15 or so, all my players are dead tired, in fact most of the backups are in. i run the skinny post and drill the ball in between 2 defenders for a td, i think, ballgame! not so fast, he returns the kickoff to my 45, 3 seconds still on the clock. he has one last hail mary but it gets knocked down. what a win!

hopefully every game isnt like this but i'll take the outcome everytime. get duke next week in my first user v user game, it should be fun.

2. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Nice W, it sounds like it was a good game. It sucks your hb will be out for the year. Was it a home game or at LSU?

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

That does suck you Lost True frosh Chris Polk....you'll get plenty of use outta him tho.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nice win, I had a similar game in OFFL Mid Majors with Houston against #1 Texas. Same kind of deal though, was able to hold them when I was losing, but had to use all my timeouts and then Keenum led Houston on a 90 yard drive in 1 minute for the win with no time remaining.

Those games are awesome and a big reason I still love this game.

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

washington 21 - duke 28

this one really hurts!

all during the first half it seemed i was 1 play away from blowing this sucker open, but i could not make that play. too many redzone turnovers and i failed to make an easy field goal. against very good players like crayola, if you fail to do these things, you will get beat and i did.

i have to give a ton of credit to crayola (duke). he came out in the second half gave me a butt kicking. i didnt adjust to his adjustments, he was the better player friday night and for that, he gets all the credit.

on the injury front, i lost my best receiver for the season, thankfully he is just a freshman, so i will still get 3 more years out of him. hopefully i can keep the rest of the guys healthy, i dont really have a ton of playmakers so losing my running back and receiver in consecutive weeks hurts.

sorry for not giving a more complete description of the game, i think i had a couple too many coors lights last night. i'll have to make sure i dont do that again.

again, good game crayola, you're a class guy.

6. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Washington 45 - Arizona 24

There's a new coach in town.

New head EnvyZero coach made a surprising decision in giving the start to 3rd down back Curtis Shaw. Curtis Shaw took advantage of the opportunity as he excelled in all situations racking up 107 yards on the ground and 4 catches for 68 yards receiving. The highlight of the game came when Curtis Shaw motioned out of the backfield and ran a post route beating the safety for a 48 yard touchdown catch early in the second quarter.

The passing game was much improved today with the big play offensive philosophy coach EnvyZero brings to the team. Jake Locker threw for just short of 300 yards and 3 TDs along with 100 yards and 2 TDs on the ground. Locker connected with Kearse on 8 passes for 168 yards and 2 TDs. Locker "They tried to bump him(Kearse) but he was able to get off the line and make plays."

7. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Washington 34 - Arizona State 21

I got a little too aggressive with my offensive play calling. Locker throws for 450 yards and 2 TDs but he also threw 4 interceptions. The running game never really got going as Shaw rushed for 42 yards on 15 attempts. ASU turned the ball over 6 times and the defense wins holds them.

8. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Washington 41 - Oregon 24

Washington wins the rivalry game despite Locker turning the ball over 7 times. We were lucky to win this one. Oregon could not gain any yards on the ground and that put them in alot of 3rd and long situations that they were unable to convert.