2009 - Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, May 1, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

2009 - Week 1

Everyone has a CPU game except me. The advance will be Wednesday when I get back in town.

As for schedule, everyone has 4 user games. I tried my best to balance home/away matches but some I could not fix some of the SEC teams due to conference games.

I will try to get rules updated when I'm at home. The sliders are same as Coast to Coast. Recruiting rules are very open, just a few restrictions:
    * You can only sign up to 70 players (seniors + empty roster spots)
    * 5-star recruits must start the following season
    * No limits on 4-star or 5-star recruits, as long as you observe first 2 rules
    * Players opting to leave cannot be swayed back, this includes transfers

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Texas whoops up on WVU 45-10. No surprise there. Colt McCoy had a huge day with ~400 yds passing and 4 TDs.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

In order to keep this thing moving we are going to use scheduled advances. The advance to week 2 will be Wednesday around 5 PM EST. After that we will advance every 72 hours. If you have a week 2 user game, try contacting your opponent before the advance to setup the game time. This will keep things moving along.

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Florida -34
    Mississippi - 20

Defense played well in a week one victory. Getting used to the playbook and players caused my offense to stumble a little though.

Good win though. I like the sliders too

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Hey Joe, what cha doing with that gun in your hand?

No really, Florida and USC week 2. I work Wednesday, but I can play all day Thursday up until about 630 central (start by 630), then I could play after 930 or so. Let me know.

6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Miami beats North Carolina 31-17. Good sliders. It should have been worse but I threw 5 picks 2 in the endzone. Graig Copper had a big day with 150 and 2 td.

7. dakota7

Georgia Tech 16
    USC 45

The Trojans shut down the Triple Option and Freshman Matt Barkley was very efficient thru the air, racking up 296 and 2 scores. Joe McKnight ran for 95, caught 22 and scored 3 times. Taylor Mays picked off an option pitch for a score as well. The Tojans head to the Swamp for a top 5 matchup with the Gators next week.

8. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Probably gonna have to be late Thursday.

I have football til 7pm

9. dakota7

ok, lets plan on somewhere between 930 and 10 central

10. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

i take that back. Wife's Bday party is thursday night...

I am good tuesday and wednesday nights. Then heading to Houston friday evening.

11. dakota7

We're not advancing until Wednesday night, but I have to work at the firehouse Wednesday, so I can't play. I can play Saturday morning if you're back then.

12. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Cal beats Michigan State 41-29. Wasn't used to the 7 min q's, i had about 75 snaps on offense!

13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

dang, this is gonna get tricky then.

BDay thursday night. Work then football practice til 7 Friday, plane to Houston at 8. Saturday and Sunday in Houston.

this is the first weekend I am not free since spring break in march. naturally.

i guess put me on autopilot on Thursday night..

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah Joe it looks like you may have to go on auto for that game. I'd give you an extension in normal circumstances but we are on a tight deadline with 2011 coming soon. At least the match won't affect your conference record, plus CPU Florida always puts up a hell of a fight.

15. dakota7

Can you put him on auto right away brave? That way I can play during the day tomorrow. Thanks.

16. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

let me get on and recruit tonight first

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yes, I will put him on auto right after we advance to week 2. For that advance I'm going to add Mors when I get back to my apartment (ETA looks like 6 PM EST). After that I will advance to week 2 before my OFFL West game tonight, at 9:30 PM EST. Following that advance we will be moving to week 3 around 9 PM Saturday Night and will advance every 3 days from then on.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You can still recruit when you are on auto. It doesn't remove you from the league, it just allows Dakota to play without you being online.

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Mos, invite has been sent. Your Live name is just morsdraconis? I didn't have you on my friends list at the time but I did send you a request after I sent the invite. Hope I sent it to the right person. :)

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Yeah man. We're good to go.

Played my first game and recruiting at around 7pm.

I'll have a write up and stuff later on tonight.