2009: Week 2: ND @ Michigan

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jul 28, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

2009: Week 2: ND @ Michigan

Daz, I realize that neither of us have even played week 1's game yet, but when did you want to do our game for week 2? I should be free after 6 (MDT) Friday and I'll probably be fairly flexible on Saturday or Sunday, but the wife and I will likely go somewhere one of those days.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I dont think he has accepted the dynasty invite yet.

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I think he's still on vacation.

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I just got back from a week of vacation. And since I only got to play a handful of games during the launch week, I'd like to get a couple more games in before we play (your claim of playing 50+ games or whatever it was in the first week has me fairly worried).

So my preference would be to play anytime Sunday if it works for you, so let me know. Also, I might be out all day Saturday.

5. jello1717

Heh. I'm not that good so you don't need to be worried. From what I've heard about you, I'm the one that needs to be worried!

I really like the scores of our first games! I was all happy to be the only one to pitch a shutout and then I see you played after me and pitched your own shutout and scored more points to boot. Should make for an interesting matchup.

Something's got to break. :) (and personally, I hope it's the Irish defense and not the Wolverine defense)

As of now, I don't see any problems with Sunday. If the wife and I make big plans for the weekend, I'll have us to it on Saturday.

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Sounds good.

Nevada was just awful. I felt pretty rusty at first, but I was able to get 10 ypc just handing off to Allen. Plus, the games I've played against the CPU so far have been on Heisman so that probably helped me.

If our two games a couple weeks back were any indication, I'd give you a slight edge. You crushed me in the first game and in the second an INT in the endzone at the end got me the win. You have more experience with the game (although it's not like it's extremely different than last year so I'm not using that for an excuse if I lose), I have a slightly better team. Both of those things will even out and I think we're going to have some battles over the next several seasons, the way Irish-Skunkbears should be.

7. jello1717

WMU was horrible as well. I checked their depth chart before starting just to see what kind of talent they had. Their starting QB was a 92, which surprised me. I then saw that their #2 QB was a wide receiver and said "WTF?!" Low and behold, halfway through the 2nd quarter I knocked their 92OVR guy out for the game and then had to face a WR playing QB for the rest of the game. I'm sure that made it easier for my defense. (y)

And if it makes you feel any better, I was completely sold on Auburn's playbook and have been using it pretty much since release, but 2 days ago I found another playbook I like better so I switched to that one so I don't know it very well. :D

Now I need to practice so that by Sunday I actually know some of its plays. (y)

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Ha, that's funny about the playbook. I've been running Va Tech, but have given some thought to switching to ND's (which I've never used before but got some love from a guy over on ncaastrategies). I was going to wait until after our game to try it out, but I was lost in the Va Tech playbook a bit last night vs the CPU so I'm undecided at this point.

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

The ND playbook has been installed (kind of). It's missing a couple plays I used to really depend on, but I think in the long run it's going to give me more options. I might take a couple delay of game penalties, but I found some things I like and I'm ready to roll whenever.

Jello, let me know when you're free. I don't have much going on tomorrow (Sunday) so let me know what works best for you.

10. jello1717

Unless my wife comes up with something at the last moment, I don't have any plans tomorrow. Since tomorrow is advance day and it sounds like people are having trouble with disconnects, I'd vote for morning/early afternoon (or even tonight if you're ready).

I'm in Mountain time.

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Noon, Mountain?

12. jello1717

It's a date!

13. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Good game Jello. I felt like I got some favorable breaks early on, and then whether it was my OLine being better than your front 7 or just momentum, I had some big holes to run through. I never really got comfortable passing the ball, so I'm glad I was able to play with the lead. I do think I called a good game defensively, so I'll take some credit there.

This was definitely just one of those games. I guarantee this won't happen again next year. Good luck against Raz and AG in the Big 10.

14. jello1717

This game was pretty much over at the half. I couldn't do anything right or catch a break (pick 6 on 2nd possession, fumble on third possession, pick 6 of my own called back by a penalty, forced fumble that his O-linemen fell on top of, etc).

You've definitely given me something to think about. I love the 3-3-5, but you just blew me up on the ground. You even got some serious running room around the corners and that should not happen against my D. Room up the middle I can see, but your O-line just destroyed my defense. It may be time to switch to a 4-2-5 or a 4-3. I'm not sure. I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

Great game. Hopefully I can actually provide some competition to someone in this league at some point.

15. jello1717

Oh yeah. And what the f*ck?!?

How can there be no mass subs option in an OD game? Daz had to wait almost 5 minutes for me in the 4th quarter as I redid my depth chart, search for the mass subs option, couldn't find it and then had to redo my entire depth chart instead.

This should've been 30s tops, but instead it took forever.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I noticed this in my game against shaun. No clue why this would not be there.

17. jello1717

I never played OD before this year. Was there a mass subs option in last year's game?

18. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

It wasn't last year either. Pretty annoying.