2009 - Week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, May 5, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

2009 - Week 2

User games:
    USC (Dakota) @ Florida (Joe)
    Note: Florida on auto-pilot, Joe you can still do your recruiting for this week

Byes:
    Alabama (Perry)
    Notre Dame (Mors)

Everybody else plays a CPU match. Next advance Saturday at 9 PM. Week 3 will start Saturday and go till Tuesday. I encourage people to schedule games ahead of time so we can keep this moving. We cannot afford to wait on anyone if we want to get through this season and have any time to play another.

If we finish sooner I will advance the league.

Week 3 user games:
    Florida (Joe) vs Miami (Bulgy)
    Penn State (Dru) vs Oklahoma State (tmac)

2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

2011 doesn't come out til july right? Am I missing something? Seems like if that's the case we have time to finish at least 3-4 seasons.

Not complaining brav, you are doing a great job!

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

edit: nvm

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Each season is about 17 or 18 weeks. 15 week season, conf champ, at least 1 bowl week and a bcs champ week. If we do a 72 hour advance, 3 days x 18 is 54 real days...isn't that about July 1st?

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

That's why he's saying to try to push ahead and get finished as quickly as possible. It really shouldn't take a week with no user vs user games more than 48 hours to finish. It takes an hour, at the most, to play your game and another 15-20 minutes to recruit (depending on how intricate you are).

Really no reason for getting something that takes a hour and a half done quickly...

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I was thinking about bumping it up to 48 hours but I would need consensus of people to agree to that change. While I'd love to fly through the season I'd hate to have the entire outcome of the leagues decided by auto-pilot and sim games.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'd be down for 48 hrs.

8. dakota7

I didn't make myself clear enough, I was replying to Joe's comment that we should get thru 3 or 4 seasons. I am in full support of getting thru as fast as we can, but I think 3 or 4 is a little ambitious.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 2: Oregon vs. Iowa

Iowa's Jewell Hampton was very effective in this game and coach Bravejaf realizes he needs to make some changes to the defensive gameplan. Hampton rushed for 150+ yards in this game and he averaged more than 6 per carry. Thankfully Oregon's offense bailed out the lack of defense. Jeremiah Masoli had a tremendous game passing the ball, throwing for 340 yards and 3 TD passes. His favorite target was Jamere Holland, who finished with 9 receptions 127 yards and 2 TD. One of those TD came on a trick play with backup QB Darron Thomas making the completion. As for the running game, Legarette Blount didn't do much in terms of yards, 51 yards on 16 carries, but he punched in 3 short scores.

Oregon 52
    Iowa 31

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Sorry about that. Absolutely though. I'm all for pushing through as quickly as possible and changing it to 48 hours instead of 72 would be fine with me.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Now I don't feel so bad about how poor I looked against Memphis...

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah my defense was very shaky, but it should get better. This was my first game with this school.

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Same with me but even more so this is my first game back after basically playing a few vs CPU games with the Romancaesar roster (which appears to be a bit different from what we are using) which obviously didn't help my passing game any at all...

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Boston College: 11
    Oklahoma: 35

Game was never in doubt but Sam Bradford throwing 3 first half interceptions was a little nerve racking. In the 2nd half we just ran it down their throats.

15. dakota7

USC 42
    Florida 7

Without their coach, the Gators didn't stand a chance. Matt Barkley threw for over 300 yards and 2tds while Joe Mcknight ran for 99, caught 45 and scored 3 times. Stephon Johnson ran for 2 tds and 45 yards in mop-up duty.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Steamer
    Gwill
    Tmac
    HornFan

You all have games to play and we will be advancing tomorrow night around 9 PM. Get your games played or they will be simmed.

17. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I will have mine in here shortly.

18. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I'll play my game later tonight

19. dakota7

We're waiting on Tmac. Okie State and Houston.

20. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Sorry about that guys. I'll get my game in right now.

21. hornfaninbama

Hey Joe, I don't know what your schedule is like, but I might have a little bit of time tomorrow afternoon. If not I should have some time Monday or Tuesday night after 10 or so.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will be advancing to week 3 in just a few minutes. Just got back from seeing Iron Man 2 so need to boot up the XBox.

23. hornfaninbama

How was it? I heard its not as good as the first one was.

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The first one was a little better but I still enjoyed this movie. It was your typical summer blockbuster movie with a good mix of action and some comedy.