2009 - Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, May 11, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

2009 - Week 4

User Games
    None

Bye Week
    Bondzai/Oklahoma

Everyone else has CPU games so this should be a fairly painless advance. The next advance is Friday night around 11 PM EST. Week 5 has a lot of user conference matches so I suggest scheduling those in advance.

Also, we are down a member since Joe dropped out. If anybody is interesting in joining the dynasty the team available would be 2 loss Florida.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Notre Dame travels to Tallahassee and stomps FSU.

35-14

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Miami wins 59-27. Superman plays for Arkansas and his name is David Smith. Absolutely destroyed me in the first half with 9 broken tackles, 133 yards, and 3 TD. He trucked a couple of my linemen and LB.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Oregon 59
    Utah 20

Oregon has a dominating win against #22 Utah but coaching error could hurt team for USC match. Coach Bravejaf failed to bench star WR Jamere Holland in the fourth quarter and paid the price. Holland will miss the Ducks game against USC and possibly the game against Cal. Before getting hurt Holland was getting yards all over the field, racking up almost 300 total yards. He got most of those yards through the passing game, grabbing 7 receptions for 188 yards and 3 TD. He also had 55 yards on punt returns (11.0 per return) and a 22 yard kick return.

The other star for Oregon in this game was Jeremiah Masoli, who threw the 3 TD passes to Holland and Masoli also ran for 2 more TD. Through 3 games Masoli already has more than 1,000 yards passing and he has a total of 11 TD (8 passing, 3 rushing).

The next 2 weeks will determine the winner of the Big 12 North. First up is that match with USC and coach Dakota followed by a match with Cal and coach Steamer.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Oh and we are back up to 12 members as NoleNBlue will be taking over the Gators. Looks like he got a free win this week since Perry (Bama) already lost to Florida. I'd make a comment about that sounding very familiar but it is too easy :). If Perry wants another crack at the Gators I'm willing to throw out the results if he can pick out a time to play the game with the new guy. Advance is still Friday so new game would need to be played before that point.

6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I am loving these sliders. I haven't had a game yet where I wasn't nervous at some point during the game. Even the last one was a one possession game most of the way through.

7. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Ok. State will get their game in tonight.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Wish I could take credit but they are just the ones from Coast to Coast. Funny enough in that league they are way too easy but I think the talent gap between human and CPU teams is huge after 6 seasons. That goes back to recruiting between humans and CPU being very different.

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Most definitely. I think the talent gap severely drops after ~season 3. Once the freshman in the game now become seniors, the difference in the rest of the talent is so grossly different from human controlled recruiting to CPU controlled recruiting, it's pretty bad.

That's why I REALLY like the idea of not getting 5 star players unless they are going to start for the team next season. That REALLY lowers the amount of 5 star players going to human controlled teams and makes for a MUCH more even ground (though I have a feeling that the amount of 3 and 4 star players grabbed up by human players is going to increase drastically, resulting in just as much of a difference in competitiveness, just not all at once like before).

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I wish we had a bit more time to experiment with that 5-star rule and also being unable to sway back players leaving. Swaying players back and promises are both something only possible for human players so CPU is at a HUGE disadvantage in regard to these items. Swaying players should be banned in all leagues for this reason, assuming the problem is not fixed in NCAA 2011.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Clemson 10
    USC 51

The Trojans smoked the Tigers. Matt Barkley threw for 2 scores and ran for another while also running for 1 td. Joe McKnight had 3 scores and over 125 total yards of offense.

12. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

uf-31
    Bama-28

Tim Tebow tossed a TD and ran for another as the 17th ranked goats outlasted the 5th ranked Crimson Tide in front of a raucus crowd at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Coach PH awarded the game ball to Jeff Demps who had 19 rushes for 138 yards and a touchdown and had a huge 3rd down conversion to seal the game late in the 4th. Aaron Hernandez had 4 catches for 48 yds and was the leading receiver.

This was truly a battle of attrition as the goater defense could do nothing to slow down Mark Ingram and really had no answer for Julio Jones. A couple of overthrows and a goal line stand as time expired in the first half was the difference. If any other users have to play Bama this year, just be ready to scheme against Rolondo McClain as he was in full beast mode in this one.

Great game Bama and here's to a rematch in the SECCG.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You won't get a rematch in championship game, Florida and Alabama in same division in East Super Conference (as dubbed by Mors :)).

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

(y)

:D

15. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Good, I don't want to play them again. They're really good and now he knows my gameplan lol.

16. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Oklahoma State takes care of Cincy in a game that was never much of a contest as the guys from Stillwater scored the first 24 points of the game. A nice rebound win after getting killed by PSU.