2009 - Week 6 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, May 18, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

2009 - Week 6 Scores

Post scores/recaps/game discussions in this thread.

Currently we have 1 open roster spot but I did invite a person who messaged me awhile back. The team available is Oklahoma and they do not play a user match this week.

Note: I already screwed up as commish. Somehow my game against Dakota from week 5 was changed after the advance. He beat me 22-20 on a last second field goal to secure the win. I waited till he exited game and the dynasty then advanced. It was reported normally when I clicked advance. I have 2 theories and being a newbie commish I'm think 1 of 2 things I did that caused this problem.

1) Before the game I had played a CPU game against USC but I tossed the results.

2) I removed Bondzai from the league because that is what he requested.

2. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

#11 uf-33
    #9 VT-16

The Hokies had no answer for the goaters ground attack, giving up 114 yds and 3 TD's to tim tebow superstar and another 104 to jeff demps. The uf receivers couldn't catch a cold as the almighty completed just 4 of 14 for 28 yds. his highness missed open receivers all day and when he did get it to them, they dropped it, seemingly out of awe. Tyrod Taylor was lost to injury in the 2nd qtr but was healed by tebow after the game. It should be noted that during the telecast, Verne Lundquist let America know that he is, in fact, in love with tim tebow and would like to bear his child and that all of the 66,000 in attendance's lives are now better for having spent time in the same room as tim.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Its too bad the result got tossed......what a good game. It was really back and forth......very defensive. I kicked 5 field goals......thats a personal record. It really came down to who had the ball last.

good game brave......I think that evened us up lifetime.

4. dakota7

USC 52
    Texas Tech 24

The Trojans wax the Red Raiders, led by Joe McKnight who ran for 151 and scored 5 times. Matt Barkley threw for 235 and 2 tds as well. The Trojans defense forced 3 turnovers in the win.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm having a tough time remembering. I can only recall beating you once and this is at least the second time you defeated me. But yeah it was definitely a good game and I was upset to see the results changed. I got lucky to keep it close because my defense kept making plays in the red zone. I know I had a pick in the red zone and most of your field goals were in the red zone too. My offense was terrible most of the game, aside from a few big plays.

6. dakota7

I think both of my picks were in the red zone. And only 1 field goal was really a long one, the rest were chip shots. You did a good job plugging up the red zone and I did a terrible job of finding openings.

I think you beat me with OSU and Bama waaaaaaayyy back, then we split in OFFL East. So this is 2-2.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I forgot that we split in OFFL East, so you are correct with the 2-2 tie. I got lucky that league ended because my team wasn't going to be very good the next season.

8. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Nebraska - 35
    #1 Oklahoma - 45

In a sloppy game on a wet field the #1 Oklahoma Sooners were able to hang on for a 45-35 win over rival Nebraska. Oklahoma led at 1 point 34-14 to end the 3rd Qtr. The Cornhuskers came roaring back to score 3 TD's in the 4th at 1 point cutting the lead to just 6. Oklahoma was able to put a few good scoring drives late to finally put the game out of reach.

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Whatever it was that caused the dynasty to glitch also caused me to lose Jacory Harris for the rest of the season, and my one commit. And it changed the final score to mine and Gwill's game.

Miami beats Georgia 59-7. 3 defensive TD's and it could have been a 4th had I not downed an interception inside the 10 yard line with 1:30 to go. Graig Cooper goes down with a sprained elbow, and he'll be out 4 weeks.

10. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I will get my game in Thursday evening. Sorry for the delay fellas.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

So, Dru dropped from the dynasty so I got to play the CPU instead.

Notre Dame: 35
    Penn State: 10

Story

12. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

so penn state is vacant?

13. dakota7

Was he afraid of you???????

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

They actually played and Dru won a very close game, but Dru asked me to toss results after the game because he was planning on leaving anyways.

15. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

OK State loses a tough game to Texas A&M. This upset is a tough one to take.

16. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Any chance we can advance by 9 PM EST tonight? I've got a very small window to play OU, as I am leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon and I won't be back until Tuesday. If we get our game in, I could avoid going on auto.

17. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I was going to say that in my post but I figured I'd let you or Dru say it instead. Didn't want anyone to feel like I was getting special treatment or something.

18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I can't advance at 9 PM EST because I still gotta play Steamer at 9 EST but I can advance right after that game. Think Gwill had only CPU game left so hopefully he gets his game in before that time.

19. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

As long as we can start by 10p est then i can play otherwise i wont be avail till tommorrow after I get home from work around 7p est

20. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I still have mine aswell but I'm afraid I'm about to have to drop out. It's getting a little tougher for me to find time to play with softball and other things going on right now.

21. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

It sucks man, but certainly understandable. No sense running yourself ragged over any dynasty while still playing '10.

22. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

I may have a replacement if a spot opens, if there's not a waiting list.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

There is 1 spot open now and another spot opening soon apparently. If you know anyone then advise them the spots are open and to contact me via PM.

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good game Steamer. You completely shut down my passing attack. Masoli did not have a good day and your defense is mostly to blame. I should have stuck with the rush attack but that just isn't my style.

25. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Good game, you did a good job on defense as well. That was a frustrating game. haha