2010-11 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Colemanchu, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

2010-11 Recruiting Thread

I landed two guys, I'll post more later when the league is ready for it.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Why did we move forward already? I got my invite this morning, went to the lake come home tonight and wham I miss out on redshirting and everything else.

Thats pretty harsh for just starting our new league...thats a big disadvantage...and I say F that. (y)

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I talked with Rusty about this. It was my screwup, I misunderstood his text message that was asking me to wait.

Need to be careful because it said Rusty was done in the dynasty. Not sure why or how.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

also we weren't going to do any custom schedules or anything like that?

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Along those lines...are there any recruiting rules?? Promises seem to be a big part of the process.

6. BRUCE80

I think we decided you can only recruit to 70 +2 J and that was it.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yea i definitely forgot to redshirt...bleh.

8. BlyGilmore

nothing of note in week one.

i think moving forward i'm going to need to play Fresno State every year because they seam to be in on every recruit i'm looking at.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

When did this happen? I wouldnt have redshirted all those shitty freshman.

10. BRUCE80

Long ago in one of our discussions Cole.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

From what I can tell, promises should be allowed. They will be tough to keep, and they don't give an overpowering edge when you use them.

12. BlyGilmore

yeah i agree. in the past promises had been outlawed because a) we needed to take the dynasty up and down, and anytime you restarted a dynasty the promises were reset b) recruiting was so easy anyway it was a way to check human vs. cpu recruiting a bit.

from what i've seen and heard this year, recruiting is a lot tougher overall, and I think promises are a key part of the strategy of recruiting (when to use them, what promises to make, etc.)

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The main reason the recruiting is tougher is because they "capped" the time allowed on each recruit. Therefore you have no advantage over the computer. I am not sure if the computer spends 60 mins on top recruits but we will soon find out when the big schools take a big lead on top kids.

It is good change. The random stuff sometime pisses me off but it is the same for everyone. I like that they give you "coaches choice" sometimes. It is just that sometimes I feel like I am playing the slots at Circus Circus.....

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Jay I can promise you that the schools do use full time on the top recruits.

I did some test recruiting offline with UW... Looking into if it was possible to get recruits interested that didn't like me, etc. I managed to get a top QB interested. But Florida was outdistancing me by more than 200 points PER WEEK.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Whats the most points you have ever gotten on a recruit in 1 week?

I have yet to hit the 600 point mark. I assume once you get a 2X and you hit 60 mins you could.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I have only recruited with Washington, and most of my pitches are pretty bad. Plus I have never recruited far enough in where I knew what (most) of their preferences were on my pitches. So yeah I struggle to get north of 300 from my experience so far. It will be higher in a couple weeks.

I probasbly won't be posting in this thread much, for now. Not much to talk about. We're really in a hole.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

there doesn't seem to be alot of 5 stars this season. I have none on my board. I am having a mas exodus the next 2 seasons so I am preparing for that. Needs in front of just grabbing the best players.

VA Tech in the side league is a totally different story.

Good luck Hellisan but I AM POSITIVE you will be fine in a few seasons. You have never struggled with getting players to help you win.

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Insta-signed 2 players this week, will give you the lowdown in week 2.

I started with a Pipeline in Florida, and having Ohio right next to me.. those are the two states i will focus on in addition to Penn.

I JMS and I have the best starting setups, will be interesting to see if i can do anything with it.

19. BlyGilmore

Yeah I only had a couple of 4 stars interested in me and the rest were 3 star guys. I don't think any of us will be at the point we can land studs right off the bat.

Personally I have pipelines in California and Texas, which sounds awesome, but anybody worth a damn is also looking at the big schools from those states and even some of the borderline schools.

i.e. there was an OLB I wanted to make a huge push for. I was 6th starting off but was battling against Houston, TCU, Texas Tech, A&M, Miss. State and Texas for the guy.

Good news was I pushed up to 3rd on his list leap frogging a few guys.

Bads news is the guy apparently insta-signed with Houston.

20. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah but they took out the ability to cheat this year *symbolsymbolsnare* :D

21. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I think u mean snare, snare, cymbal. :HoosierHoo:

22. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Correct. I'm not too bright :(

[​IMG]

23. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I think we made that conclusion a looooooong time ago my friend.

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I just tested the recruiting online as I called one of my targets. Seemed to work fine. it is a great feature. Now we don't ever have to worry about losing out on recruiting weeks. Love it!

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah i insta-signed two guys too...I'll give the lowdown as well!