2010 - 2011 Preseason Preview [MWC]

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jvigorous1, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

2010 - 2011 Preseason Preview [MWC]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    TEAM COACH CONFERENCE
    Rice Owls T2Express ConfUSA
    UCF Knights DrunkenSoldier ConfUSA
    ECU Pirates Gabeastmode ConfUSA
    UTEP Miners Ryty32 ConfUSA
    Hawaii Warriors bamagrad WAC
    Idaho Vandals Milmontpa WAC
    Louisiana Tech Bulldogs CoachSaban WAC
    Nevada Wolfpack Jvigorous1 WAC
    Colorado State Rams H22APWRD94 MWC
    San Diego State Aztecs Big-Bear MWC
    Wyoming Cowboys NdColts1979 MWC
    Air Force Falcons Emmdotfrisk MWC

MWC

2. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Colorado State Rams

[​IMG]

2009- The Rams did surprisingly well starting the season going 3-0 including a 35-20 victory over the dangerous run game of Nevada. All of the sudden they lost to BYU. BYU was the better team in that game but that loss triggered a 9 game losing streak. Losing 9 straight games is a tough pill to swallow for any team.

What to watch for- Breaking this losing streak will be extremely important for CSU. Can the Rams start off hot again this year but continue to win as the season goes on? The offensive line will mostly be inexperienced and offensively predicted to struggle a bit. The defense will have 9 starters returning. The front 7 will be the anchor of this much improved defense from last year.

3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

San Diego State Aztecs

[​IMG]

2009- The past season was an interesting one for the Aztecs especially midway through the season. Having a record of 4-4, all they needed was to win 2 more games to be bowl eligible. The Aztecs went ahead and lost the remaining 4 games of the season to TCU,Wyoming, Utah, and UNLV. The Aztecs received a few whoopings at the hands of TCU and Utah with a combined score of 93 to 19. The offensive pass game was good at times but the defense needs improvement.

What to watch for- Ryan Lindley coming back with a lot of experience on offense. 7 starters from last are returning to the offense and their star receiver Vincent Brown who missed most of the season last year with a torn ligament in his thumb.

Defense will have 6 starters returning. The defensive secondary is looking pretty solid with 3 veterans.

4. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Wyoming Cowboys​

[​IMG]

2009- Under new Head Coach Dave Christensen the Cowboys had an impressive year overall. Early in the season the Cowboys had back to back losses to Texas and Colorado with a combines score of 65 to 10 but rallied back by winning their next 3 games. Beating Colorado state allowed Wyoming to be Bowl eligible and faced Fresno State in the New Mexico Bowl, beating them 35-28 and finishing 7-6 on the season.

What to watch for- Sophmore Autin Carta-Samuels got alot of experience under his belt and could potentially be the QB that will get this program some recognition. This athletic quarterback showed some moves in 2009 but made a few costly mistakes which was expected for his true freshman year. Alot of experience comes back for the offense, especially in the skill positions.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Thats right Carta-Samuels going to bslap mike lol

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

UNLV?????

7. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Who's UNLV?

LoL
    My bad Cimmy will do the write up tomorrow. I'm glad someone is actually reading this. Kinda tough to get info for the smaller unknown teams :)

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha it's no big. I go on vacation and everyone forgets me. Haha

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I didn't forget you buddy, I was laughing along with Tracy and Jimmy.

Mike