2010-2011 Season Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

2010-2011 Season Preview

Idk what you guys think, but I do want to hear some of your predictions. Here are mine

Conference Champions (User with Best Chances):
    ACC: Miami (Virginia)- Sorry Paw, gotta be a homer here and pick myself as the favorite user. I just see Miami being too strong for both of us in the first season. I don't know about NC State, but looking at the Virginia roster we have some talent, but not alot. We are young so down the road we should be alright.

Big East: Pittsburgh (USF)- I think Lewis is going to be too much to handle for the Big East this first season. Looking at the user teams, South Florida has the talent. I did almost pick him to win the Big East, but you're all new so I have no clue who is what. Capp does seem to have experience tho so a USF Big East Championship wouldn't be surprising. UCONN just doesn't have the talent. Nothing against huskers...I just think this first season could be tough for him...prove me wrong.

BigXII: Nebraska (Kansas St)- The only reason I pick KSU over TT is that I know AJ is a KState fan, so my instincts tell me he has played with them before and knows this program well. I think early season victories could give him a leg up this year.

Big10: Penn State (Minnesota)- Of course PSU is going to win the Big10 in my eyes...duh! I give the edge to Doom because he is a defensive guy...since he coaches it...defense wins championships. Kapono could definitely prove me wrong, I did originally have "split" typed into those parenthesis, but had to give a pick. I think Minne has the talent and the defensive mindset to make some noise...but I could be wrong.

Pac10: Washington- Tubb has a great QB and has experience. I don't think the Pac10 is going to be a strong all around conference. USC is beatable.

SEC: Alabama (Arkansas)- Bama is going to be hard to score against and hard to even have a game with...Bk is a Hog fan...he has the best team out of all the users in my opinion.

Heisman Winner: If it's going to be a user, it's probably going to be Mallett or Locker. I'll give the edge to Mallett because...don't take it the wrong way man, but Bk wants him to win it. He will put out all the stops.

National Championship: Alabama (Arkansas)-Again, bk has the best talented team in the league and he can win. So he gets the best chance.

Dark Horse: South Florida- From the reputation he seems to carry he has the talent to win. The Big East is definitely not a hard league to get through...he could go undefeated.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Updated with my picks...not easy to do with new guys.

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah I have no idea how good everybody is but I'm looking forward to Big 10 matchups with Minnesota. Sorry Cimmy but Ohio State's going to be my biggest competetion.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha it's ok man...OSU is prolly going to win it...I just gotta be a homer. It was tough doing this, I am looking forward to seeing who is good at playing SIM football

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Acc- Miami (Virginia )
    Jacory Harris will be to much and dominate the acc, although if theirs a user who can win it it'll be Cimmy....I've played him boys, he's no pushover!

Big east-USF
    Big east seems week this year , I think a user can pull it off

Big 12- k state
    Just cuz Ajs a fan. He will play with passion. Which will pay off!

Big 10- ohio st (no user)
    now I've always liked Penn st...so I wanna side with Cimmy but since they are both CPU teams. I gta go wit
    TOSU

PAC 10- Washington
    Another weak conference IMO. Tubb will pull this out for a conference upset and head to the rose bowl!!

Sec(ARkansas)
    I may be a homer but, I plan on beating bama. I can score on them with arks offense..question is can I stop them from scoring...

National championship- winner of SECCG

He15man-Mallet
    U better believe ima be doin everything I can to get mallet the hardware :)

6. ForeTheGlory

ForeTheGlory Walk On

It's hard to predict this season's results without knowing everyone's playing styles and abilities. Just looking at the situations though, I would give the teams in the Big East the best shot at running the table given the weaker level of competition.

I'm most looking forward to the recruiting battles that will ensue. I think recruiting in the southeast will be pretty hotly contested with Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Virginia, South Florida, and NC State all looking to fill out their classes while the other schools try to cherry pick the best players from the region.

7. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

Yeah, it will definitely take until our second season to get any semblance of certainty as to who will be competing for conference and national titles.

I've already started formulating my system, schemes, and recruiting plan for my Golden Gophers.

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

ACC-FSU
    Christian Ponder should lead FSU easily through the ACC Coastal. I hear Cimmy is good but I'm an FSU fan,so...FSU. Should face North Carolina in the championship game who has the best defense in the country.

Big East-Pitt
    The big East is weak and Dion Lewis is just too good. Both UConn and USF will be near the top.

Pac 10- Oregon State
    The Pac 10 is down and OSU, Oregon, USC, and Washington will all beat up on each other. I think OSU comes out on top.

SEC-Alabama
    I don't see Arkansas or anybody beating the best team in the nation. They're just too good.

Big 12-Nebraska
    Roy Helu is back and Jared Crick is just as good as (can't spell 1st name) Suh. Texas Tech could challenge Texas is the South.

Big 10-Purdue
    Just have to pick myself. Easy conference schedule that doesn't include Iowa or Penn State on it. It'll be tough to beat Ohio State but I can't look past Minnesota.

Heisman
    1.Dion Lewis-Pitt
    2.Ryan Malet-Arkansas
    3.Mark Ingram-Bama
    4.Case Keenum-Houston
    National Championship
    Alabama over Nebraska