2010-2011 Va Tech Season Outlook

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hokie Effect, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

2010-2011 Va Tech Season Outlook

Va Tech looks great on paper, 14 players rated 90+, for the upcoming season and has high hopes of another BCS Championship run.

QB- Tyrod Taylor returns for his senior season to collect some hardware. Rated a 97ovr with 89spd, Taylor is a very dangerous dual threat.

RB- One word, LOADED. Three headed monster led by Darren Evans 97ovr, Ryan Williams 92ovr, and David Wilson 85ovr. All three backs are 92+ in speed.

WR- Jarret Boykin 95ovr will be Taylor's favorite target with speedster Dyrell Roberts 90ovr 94spd and sure handed Danny Coale 90ovr providing quality depth.

TE- RS Freshmen Logan Thomas 86ovr 88spd is a big target at 6'6" 230 and has the potential to become a great recieving option; brings up comparisons to Antonia Gates

OL- 4 of the starters are rated 90+ with T Blake Dechristopher anchoring the line.

DL- Led by All-World DE Jason Worilds 98ovr 87spd and DT John Graves 92ovr both provide experiance and quality senior leadership

LB- Led by 2 year starter MLB Barquell Rivers 91ovr

DB- CB Rashard Carmichael 93ovr provides much needed senior leadership as the only returning starter in the secondary

ST- Starts both a Fr punter and kicker. RB Williams, WR Roberts, and RB Wilson will share return duties.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Dont know about your Hokies.......but my 2010-2011 Hokies in T1 suck! The defense is atrocious. Taylor gets hurt constantly. The best play is Logan Thomas........that guy is a freaking beast. Best player on the field.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Just checked Florida's depth chart......I guess they reload. I think all but 1 maybe 2 starters are 90+ ovr. And their backfield is insane. They will probably see some players tranferring if they aren't able to disprute the ball.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Antonia Gates? Is Antonio's sister a good tight end too? Or is your guy just a Nancy? hahaha. I think you should lose a prestige star because if a coach compared his Stars to females, he wouldn't be able to recruit well in the future haha.

Yeah, UF has reloaded. However, next year I'm going to get crushed. Right now I'm set to lose my top 2 HB's, my #1 WR, and a bunch of defense. Big recruiting year.

The jacked up progressions and the 95 or greater rule is really going to hurt me.