2010-2011 Wisconsin Badgers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by stylez777, Oct 5, 2009.

1. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

2010-2011 Wisconsin Badgers

Wisconsin opened their 2011 season on the road vs #21 ranked Utah. New head coach Stylez11375 had preached all week solid fundamental mistake free football. It sure looks like his players are buying into what the new coach is preaching as they pitched a shutout on the road 35-0. The defense was as stingy as we ever seen only giving up a total of 170 yards of offense to Utah. Devin Smith led the team with 6 tackles and 1 INT that he returned 85 yards for a TD. On the offensive side of the ball it was smashmouth football. HB John Clay had 25 Carries for 135 yards and a TD, while Scott Tolizen was 15-23 172 Yards 2 TD and 1 INT both TD's going to his TE Hendriks.

Coach Stylez11375 after the game had this to say "I'm Proud of my boys today! They went out there strapped on their helmets and played their hearts out. We might not be one of the elite teams in the Big Ten right now but my boys are scrappy blue collar players who do what it takes to win. I came here to turn this program around and this was the first step to accomplishing that goal."

Things sure won't be easy for Wisconsin their next 4 games coming up are against #10 Arizona State, #4 Penn State, Indiana and #7 Ohio State

2. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

Wisconsin had their home opener today vs the #8th ranked Arizona State Sun Devils. The big question everyone was asking this week was could Wisconsin's Defensive unit play like they did in week one vs a Top 10 team? Well that question was SURELY answered as Wisconsin shutdown ASU's offense all day long. ASU was only able to manage 2 first down all game long and put up a pathetic 118 yards of total offense. Wisconsin managed to Force a fumble and sack the opposing QB 3 times in the game. ASU did manage to get a big pass play off on a 5 yard slant route where Wisconsin FS Claxton missed a tackle and let up a 75 yards that led to a TD on the next play.

On the offensive side of the ball for Wisconsin HB John Clay was the workhorse again carrying the ball 30 times for 143 yards and 2 TD's. Backup Erik Smith had 7 carries for 81 yards and a TD. QB Scott Tolizen didn't have much success in the passing game going 9-19 for 174 1 TD and 1 INT.

Coach Stylez had this to say after the game "Man our boys left it out on the field today! They did everything I asked of them. I told them to get out their punch the other team in the mouth and that if we did that they would fold and they did. We have a great bunch of guys here and to beat the #8th ranked team like we did for our home crowd is just amazing. We'll take this win and keep on working and moving forward cause this is just 1 step of many. The season is long from over and we will keep working hard and playing hard every week. We have to play a tough team in Penn State so we'll take this bye week to work on some things and come out fired up to face our Big Ten rival."

Coach Stylez has a big task in front of him. Clearly Penn State is a much more talented squad Wisconsin fans can only hope the Guru can come up with a genius gameplan to shut them down and move the Badgers to 3-0 by taking out another Top Ten ranked team.