2010 ACC Preview

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jul 15, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

2010 ACC Preview

[​IMG]
    COACHING NOTES: Drifter runs the most balanced, patient offense in the Deuce. It’s based on running, and precision passing. Defensively, Drifter is as stout and strategic as they come.
    What to look for offense:: Junior Skylar Jones performed well enough in spring practice to emerge as the front-runner at QB for the Deacons. The wide receiver core is led by Devon Brown, Marshall Williams and Chris Givens. Drifter doesn't have a standout running back yet but Josh Adams and Brandon Pendergrass (83-3991) give the Demon Deacons two proven rushers.
    What to look for on defense:: Defensively, Drifter thrives in a 4-3 and his defensive ends are strong. Kyle Weber, Tristan Dorty and Gelo Orange are very good, which makes DE probably Wakes strongest position. In the secondary, CB Kenny Okoro and SS Cyhl Quarles anchor a quality secondary that should get even stronger if Josh Bush makes a successful transition from free safety to cornerback.

[​IMG]
    COACHING NOTES: BBJ likes to ground and pound at times. But you have to be careful against him, because it is normal for BBJ to go up top quickly and painfully for the defense. Defensively, his MLB skills are second to none in the 4-3.
    What to look for offense: : The development of quarterback Dave Shinskie will be vital to BBJ’s success. While Junior RB Montel Harris, isn’t the speedy back BBJ is used too. Harris is the type of workhorse that BBJ can use effectively, he’s tough between the tackles and durable.
    What to look for on defense: : The Eagles best defensive player is Sophomore LB Luke Kuechly. Kuechly is a monster in the middle and with BBJ at the controls, look out. The Eagles will need some help along the defensive line as they don’t seem to generate much pressure without the blitz. If Alex Albright, Brad Newman, or Max Holloway can create pressure own their own, it could really open things up for BBJ’s attacking style. It actually falls into BBJ’s hands though because he likes to blitz, and BBJ brings pressure from everywhere.

[​IMG]
    COACHING NOTES: RynoAid seems to have a ground and pound attack. Ryno is new to the Deuce, but is a seasoned vet with experience in Tradition 1. Defensively, it’s likely he will run a 4-3.
    What to look for offense:: Ryno starts off with one of the best Qb's in the ACC in Russell Wilson. Owen Spencer and Jarvis Williams are a solid receiving core. Add in tight end George Bryan and Ryno has some weapons on the outside. At running back, freshman Mustafa Greene could step in and start. On the offensive line the Wolfpack only return two starters which means the line could be in flux to start the season. What to look for on defense:: Defensively, Audie Cole, Jr. is the best player returning by far. Add in LB Nate Irving and Ryno has a really solid LB group. The Wolfpack inexperience could make it tough for the defense to stop offenses this season, the wolfpack will have a brand new defensive line starting this season.

[​IMG]
    COACHING NOTES: Shaun has an air it out style, that is second to none. Defensively, he has used different styles but seems at his best in the 3-4.
    What to look for offense:: Considering Shaun loves to sling the ball around, Duke's receivers are strong. Donovan Varner, Conner Vernon, Austin Kelly has enough depth in the receiving corps and its clearly their strongest position. Sean Renfree, has to be the leader at QB, he has some experience and the best overall skills. Shaun has his work cut out for him in the running game, Desmond Scott and Jay Hollingsworth will try to balance the offense, but expect Duke to sling it all over.
    What to look for on defense:: Duke defense is lead by safety Matt Daniels. That unfortunately could be by default though. The Devils will more than likely run a 4-3 but some major upgrades will be needed in the coming years to make this defense better.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Good stuff over here JR. Just curious, where do you get those team avatars?

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I may switch up my offense this year.=]

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

yahoo......

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

That was a good write up JR. Harris reminds me a little of PJ Hill who i might add is the only Deuce player to win the heisman with speed under 90(that wasn't a QB).

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Wow, we goofed big. For some odd reason we got three teams in the ACC coastal...