2010 Advanced to Week 2

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Aug 27, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

2010 Advanced to Week 2

Week 2 is underway and the User game is out of the way.....

Southern Miss @ #1 Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech is back where it left off last season after beating #1 Texas last week. This regional match should be a snoozer.

Ahead for Georgia Tech: Tech needs to get all the kinks worked out this week. 3 user games in a row follow this one. A trip to #11 Virginia Tech before hosting #6 Miami and #15 North Carolina.

#2 Alabama 41 @ #11 Virginia Tech 13
    The Tide was to much in this one. Alabama had a solid performance by HB Mark Ingram and completed 112% of its passes. Alabama's defense created a couple of fumbles and held Virginia Tech's running backs in check.

Ahead for Alabama: This team already has performed better than the 2009 team that went 12-1. Conference play starts in week 3 with South Carolina followed by Arkansas both on the road.

Ahead for Virgina Tech: Virgina Tech wont spend any time lamenting on the loss to Alabama. The Hokies host defending champ Georgia Tech in week 3 and could find themselves out of the top 25 before its over. Week 4 gives the Hokies a chance to regroup against regional foe Pittsburgh.

South Carolina 21 @ #4 Georgia 56

zzzzzz...Georgia does what it do.....The Bulldogs vault to the SEC lead with this conference win.

Ahead for Georgia: No cocks in week 3 just the boys from Troy. USC will provide a better measuring stick for Georgia and should provide for a better game. Week 4 its back to SEC business on the road against Mississippi State.

#23 Ohio State vs #5 Florida

Did Florida underachieve in 2009? They wont in this one cause Ohio State aint Georgia. Ohio State a lot of bark but no bite.

Ahead for Florida: Florida should have been in the SEC title game last year. They get a chance to set the record strait in 2010. First order of business is to avenge the loss to Tennessee. They get there chance in week 3 but will have to do it on the road.

#10 Wisconsin @ #6 Miami

Miami has a take no prisoners AD. That attitude had Miami at #3 when the polls closed in 2009. Wisconsin one half of the BCS championship will bring its smashmouth game. This should be a good one.

Ahead for Miami: Miami takes week 3 off to mend any bumps and bruises. This will be a good oppurtunity to prepare for the defending BCS champs Georgia Tech.

#8 LSU @ Louisana Tech
    LSU has been traveling the state in 2010 with a stop in Tulane to start the season. LSU loves to keep it regional. David will have to work overtime to slay goliath in this one.

Ahead for LSU: Week 3 will be LSU's first real game instead of the glorified scrimmages of weeks 1 and 2 against West Virginia. The Tigers need to be careful not to look ahead to its week 4 matchup against Tennessee at home.

#12 Florida State bye

Florida state will spend the week recruiting another HB and watching the tapes of the dismantiling they put on Florida Atlantic in week 1

Ahead for Florida State: Boston College and Virgina wait in weeks 3 and 4. FSU should start the season 6-0 and find their way in to the middle of the Top 10.

#7 Oklahoma vs #13 Tennessee

Thats right its not Oral Roberts but Oklahoma on Tennessee's schedule. Even without Bradford Oklahoma is tough and should brings its A game to Knoxville. CPU killer bruce80 awaits the Sooners arrival.

Ahead for Tennessee: Oklahoma is just the first of a nasty 3 game stretch for the Vols. Week 3 Florida visits. Last years win against the Gators had Tennessee fans thinking about an SEC championship. Win or lose week 4 features a road trip to LSU. Anybody want to go to Baton Rouge?

#17 Nebraska @ #14 Clemson

I have a feeling Clemson is going to see some ROBO QB in this one. The Tigers need to play solid or they could be a victim.

Ahead for Clemson: Week 3 gives the Tigers the oppurtunity to expand the Pipe-Line into Alabama. Both these teams will find out where their teams are at for 2010 after this one.

#15 North Carolina @ Cal

Unranked Cal, doesn't sound so bad. But its on the road and could be a trick game for the Tar Heels. Cal will nedd to limit North Carolina's run game to lets say hmmmm I dont know to under 200 to have any chance.

Ahead for North Carolina: Carolina plays 4 road games in a row starting with the Cal game followed by Maryland and NC State. Will they be worn out when the end that stretch? I'm sure Georgia Tech doesn't mind they host the Tar Heels before they can head home.

Arizona State 36 @ #22 Auburn 46

Auburn was out of sorts with QB Kodi Burns sidelined with a bruised shoulder. Their offense did not show up till the 4th quarter in this one.

Ahead for Auburn: One of 2009's top overacheivers Auburn looks to build on its SEC championship apperance from a year ago. The Tigers are hoping Burns will be healthy for the week 3 match up against Clemson. An SEC insider seems to think this injury could nag at Burns for weeks to come. Week 4 serves up out of conference Bowling Green before conference play starts for Auburn.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Alabama game was a good learning experience for the young VA Tech Squad. We are coming to play again vs Georgia Tech. We are working on a game plan as we write this.

See you soon Georgia Tech!!

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Anybody have any input on the sliders?

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

tough to tell - i was playing Army in a monsoon.

i think we're going to see Robo-QB taken to another level with this ridiculous progression.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree on that one. If the cpu could play defense we would definitely be losing games. Stopping the pass is very very hard..........but i think we should keep it that way....IMO

6. BlyGilmore

I think we should do something about that completing 112 percent of your passes shit. that's just crazy.

next couple of seasons are going to be interesting because of this progression thing. the highs and lows are going to be huge depending on how many underclassmen you had on your roster to start.

I could totally see some team like UConn or Akron coming out of the woodwork and getting a top 10 ranking next season just because they had a ton of freshman and sophomores on their team at the start.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have a bunch of redshirted freshman on my team this year....we should have not allowed redshirts last year. That was Juggs idea.

It was interesting that the Bama Va tech game there were 0 interceptions. he said he had gameplan on knockdowns and so did I until the 2nd half. Seems like guys get like WIDE open this year.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The Husker QB was throwing bullets in between all my defenders. When I blitz he takes the snap and throws the ball immediately to his TE who has barely taken his hand off the ground. Luckily my red zone defense held them to 7 field goals.

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Told you guys we should have outlawed redshirts...we're all going to have 99's across the board by year 3 & 4. i know i already have 4 RS Freshman who are over 90 ovr this year...one as high as 93 ovr. Those 4 are all 99's next year....as SOPHMORES!!! And I probably have a dozen more rs freshman/soph who are in the 83-89 range, they will all be close to 99 by time they graduate as well.

if we did no redshirts, we would have been done with this by year 4. now we deal with it a whole additional year into year 5

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

Juggs did have it right. Im interested to see what happens at Alabama in year 4 and 5. we had 22 seniors last year so we should feel it sooner than most.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

lets just do recruiting and sim all the games till like year 4

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I'm feeling it already.

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Thing is we are all on the same page. Some of us get older faster and then younger faster while other teams will be the flip side of the coin.

We cant do anything about it now. As far as I can tell the CPU "real" players all got huge jumps also. It is what it is complaining isnt going to change it.

I am sorta enjoying this team. I have a year of really good players and then my team is really going to level off.

14. BlyGilmore

I mentioned this when we first heard about this. As far as I know it was just laughed at lol. not sure we can do it now though - prestige levels would be at stake. no way i'd be down with possibly falling back to 4 stars because we simmed three seasons.

It'll be interesting to see if more folks leave for the NFL early this way.

Personally I enjoy some of the flukes this has caused. Like having a mid-90s red shirt sophomore guard with 60-something awareness. don't see that every day.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

he look anything like this guy

[YOUTUBE]28khv-BydeY[/YOUTUBE]

16. BlyGilmore

lol ... can i purty please change his last name to Mungo?

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm convinced that a lot of the players ratings are just calculating wrong.

Look at two recent recruits.

Clancy (UNC) vs. Barnes. (AUB)

Barnes has good speed and carry rating. that's about the end of the things he does well. One of his ratings (AGI or ACC) is like mid 70s

Clancy does everything well, INCLUDING having great speed.

Their OVR rating is identical. Barnes, due to being a 5-star, might have a higher upside and may progress better over the long haul. That's the way I look at 5-star guys a lot of times, but in this case and at the present time those guys shouldn't be within 8 OVR points of each other.

18. BlyGilmore

You have to wonder how some of these secondary ratings play into overall. I mean if a guy has a 99 spin move rating, how does this play into his overall?

and Clancy could not progress a lick from here to eternity and i'd be fine with it.

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I do agree that I think the ratings are incorrect myself. Especially for recruits.....sometimes I just say "what the hell".

20. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Progression sucks and there is no way around it. We allowed an open class the first year in TTII and allowed people to cut however many 'real' players that were on their roster. I think this will help slightly. The biggest thing we are going to do is not attempt to talk players into coming back if they are a 94 and up OVR. They will obviously be close to a 99 OVR the next year and NFL ready.

21. jfosh

jfosh Super

Of course there is a weight to each individual rating with the ones on the first screen being the highest factor.

What are the awareness ratings for Barnes and Clancy? Awareness might be the biggest factor in overall.

22. jfosh

jfosh Super

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah.... It seems that even though we have all these new ratings, the game is still calculating OVR based on some very basic things. Or simply calculating incorrectly. There were a couple of safeties that were just pure CRAP and they were still 75+ OVR, should have been high 60's. BUT I do believe the ratings WORK.

I think we need to not be focused on the OVR ratings or the A+A+A+ ratings because those are pure fallacy.

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

25. jfosh

jfosh Super

Had to get Bly's QB in there.