2010 Badgers Den

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Twister18, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

2010 Badgers Den

I went ahead and started a new thread instead of using dakotas.

Wisconsin: 31 TCU: 14

Very solid and balanced game played by the Wisky O and D. QB Scott Tolzien was 11-18, 182 yards, 1 td and 1 int. He opened up the way for the rbs by splitting 2 defenders and sending WR Kyle Jefferson 74 yards for a td. This left the middle and underneath open for TE Lance Kendricks to exploit. Kendricks finished with 8 catches for 94 yards but had a critical fumble at midfield to stall a drive.

The running game was very solid with John Clay bulling his way 19 times for 85 yards and 1 TD. He did give Coach Twist a scare by getting hurt in the third quarter. Backup RB Zach Brown took over and went 17 for 91 yards and a TD.

The defense was very solid led by MLB Culmer St. Jean's 8 tackles and 1 tfl.

2. Twister18

#24 Wisconsin: 37 #22 Arizona State: 7

On paper, this looked to be a great offensive battle. Problem is that someone forgot to tell the Badgers defense. The D, led by MLB Culmer St. Jean, had 3 Ints, including 2 in the red zone, and returned a fumble for 6. St. Jean led the Badgers with 10 tackles. "The D came out with a chip on their shoulder today and played strong, but we still ave some work to do. Only one sack is not acceptable. They may have to put in some extra workouts on the blitz drills!, Coach Twist remarked in jest. Or was he kidding?
    The offense was run heavy this game, led by Doak Walker candidate John Clay, who finished the game with 36 carries for 170 yards and 2 tds. QB Scott Tolzien had a solid day as well, going 12-21 with 203 yards, 1 td and no ints.

3. Twister18

Wisc: 16 TTU: 10

The Badgers went against a very tough hard hitting defense and settled for 3 FGs, along with a td form John Clay. Clay went 37 for 168 and helped the Badgers control the clock. QB Scott Tolzien was knocked out of the game in the third quarter but was having a solid game 9-10 and 85 yards until the devastating hit.

The Badgers D played very solid but it was a last minute INT by Antonio Fenelus that sealed the victory. Great game tmac!

4. Twister18

Wisconsin: 23
    Penn State: 21

PK Phil Welch had a career day hitting 3 FGs, with a long of 50 yards, and won the game with 17 seconds left on the clock. He then buried the KO to ensure Penn State started at the 20. Tough game.

Tolzien had a great day, going 17-25 and 227 yards but had no tds. He was also knocked out of the game on a late hit but returned later. RB John Clay was bottled up by the ferocious Lion D and finished with 81 yards. His backup Zach Brown and Ewing the FB each scored a TD apiece.

TE Lance Kendricks went 7 catches for 81 yards and Kyle Jefferson caught 5 for 84.

The D played a bend dont break game and was led by Culmer St. Jean with 12 tackles, 1 tfl.

5. Twister18

Wisconsin: 51 Indiana: 44 OT

Typical EA trap game. The Indy QB Love at one time was 19-20 for over 180 yards. Kept up with them but could never pull away. Tied it up with 34 seconds remaining and got the opening possession in OT and scored. Finally, my d got a sack on him which finished the OT. " It just seemed like Murphy's Law was out there on the field with us today." Coach Twist remarked in his post game PC. "Luckily Scott T pulled us through like the true leader he is.!"

Tolzien finished 12-23 for 225 yards, 3 tds and 4 ints.
    RB John Clay had 19 rushes for 92 yards and a td despite being knicked up for the second week in a row.
    Backup RB Zach Brown rushed 9 times for 42 yards and a td but also returned a KO 90+ yards to paydirt to motivate the slumbering Badgers.

WR Nick Toon had a huge game against the smaller Indiana CBs going 4-118 and 2 scores. All-World TE Lance Kendricks had 6 catches for 77 yards and 1 score.

The D had a very tough game, surrendering 515 yards to Indiana at home. "I sure hope this doesn't affect our season ticket sales," remarked the AD. SS Valai led the Badgers with 13 tackles.

6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

I lost to Illinois this week so...you got a one game lead in the Big Ten!
    But best believe we got the game with the Badgers circled on the calendar!

7. Twister18

Well the Buckers just took the Badgers down! I just wish the Illini would have played in real life like their offense does on 2010. They have some wicked speed.

8. Twister18

Wisconsin: 38
    Ohio State: 45

"I am considering resting John this next game. 3 games he has been nicked and he needs the rest." Coach Twist said after the heart breaking loss to the Buckeyes. Clay left the game with a shoulder injury and finished with 12 carrys for 37 yards.

QB Scott Tolzien led the way going 17 for 31, 312 yards, 2 tds and 1 int.
    TE Lance Kendricks had 10 catches for 205 yards and 1 td.
    WR Nick Toon had 4 catches for 89 yards and 1 td.

9. Twister18

Well, the Illini got me too. I should have jumped out of my season ticket seats and rushed the passer!

10. Twister18

Wisconsin: 50
    Illinois: 52 4 OT

This is a game I shall soon never forget. Being a season ticket holder of the Illini I realize EA was kind to them with their ratings, especially QB Eddie McGee. McGee torched the Badger d going 30-39 for 300+ yards. leading 24-21 with less than 2 minutes to play, on 4th and 2, the Badgers would rely on their defense to seal the win. Just didnt happen. Over and Over again.

QB Scott Tolzien had a good day, going 18-31 for 289, 2 tds and 2 ints, but he was knocked out of the game early in the 4th period and the backup Phillips was scared @#$!less. RB John Clay rebounded from earlier injuries and went 28 for 101 and 3 tds. TE Lance Kendricks was knocked out of the game so his backup Ricky Clay (no relation) caught 11 passes for 122 and 1 td and wr Kyle Jefferson caught 3 balls for 117 yards and a td.
    The Badgers D choked severely, not registering a sack or TO and was led by MLB Culmer St Jean with 14 tackles and 2 tfl.

11. Beazus Christ

Nice rebound - damn thats too many OTs for my fragile psyche

12. Beazus Christ

Oh. Shit I read that wrong my bad! I thought you WON in OT (hence the last message). That's a tough fucking loss to say the least! Illinois killed me on offense too - wtf is up with mcgee in the game? Oh well, better luck the rest of the season (except when u play minnesota)

13. Twister18

I wish he would play that way for real and Leshoure did play that way in the real season and he killed me too.

14. Twister18

Wis: 31 MSU: 14

Costly win for the Badgers. QB Tolzien is out for the season after a vicious hit ended his Badger career. We will see what Curt Phillips has in the tank. John Clay returned from nagging injuries with 34 carrys for 158 and 2 tds, also caught 2 passes for 40 yards. Lance Kendricks hada big day going 5-101 and a td and WR Harry Gilreath had a TD as well.
    The D leader was CB Antonio Fenelus who had 10 tackles. St Jean had only 2 tackles but 1 int.

15. Twister18

Wisconsin: 34 Iowa: 24
    Big rivalry game that debuted QB Curt Phillips as the QB of not only the future but the rest of the season due to the loss of starting QB Scott Tolzien. Phillips went 14 for 18, 165 yards and 1 td but no INTS! "curt showed great poise after a week of prep." remarked Coach Twist. Phillips will continue to remain the starter for the rest of the season, ijuries aside.
    RB John Clay had a solid game with 30 carrys for 119 yards, but FB Bradie James scored 2 short TD runs to provide the offense. TE Lance Kendrick had 6 catches for 74 yards and 1 td and WR David Gilreath had 3 for 68 but his great help was a 90 yard KO return to paydirt that inspired the team.
    Culmer St Jean led the d with 7 tackles but DT Butrym had 2 huge sacks to stall drives in the latter part of the game to seal the win.

Player of the week: David Gilreath

16. Twister18

Wisconsin: 27 Michigan: 24
    D came up huge on the last play of the game, stuffing Shaw in bounds, inside the 20 and time expired.
    QB Curt Phillips went 14-21 for 196 yards and o tds and 2 ints.
    RB John Clay ran 23 times for 82 yards and 1 td.
    WR David Gilreath had 3 catches for 74 yards and TE Lance Kendricks caught 6 for 67.

MLB Culmer St Jean had 9 tackles and an INT.
    CB Antonio Fenelus had 5 tackles and an INT, ran back 89 yards for a pick 6.

17. Twister18

Wis: 20 Minn. 41

Great job by Coach Beazis. The Gophers pressured new QB Curt Phillips into 3 ints and only completing 10 of 21 passes for a td and 249 yards. John Clay was held to 71 yards rushing and 2 catches for 67 yards. The one big play for the Badgers was a 76 yard bomb to WR Nick Toon.
    The D suited up but that was about it.

18. Twister18

Wis: 13 Vandy: 31

Awesome job by Billy's Commies making QB Curt Phillips life a living hell. Phillips completed 10-21 for 93 yards and 2 picks. RB John Clay had a good day running the ball going 18-121 yards. He also caught 4 passes for 25 yards, but the bottom line is the Vandy D was much too much for the Badgers.