2010 Buffalo Stampede

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, Dec 11, 2009.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

2010 Buffalo Stampede

Week 1

Rocky Mountain Showdown

Colorado 42
    CSU 0

Colorado dominates, the Rams were never really in it. They did manage some type of moral victory as they shredded QB Tyler Hansen's shoulder and he will be out for the season. Darrell Scott had 150 total yards and 3 scores.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Man, between here and Murk's dynasty you are getting the business from the CPU on the injury front. Rough loss.

3. dakota7

Week 2

Colorado 38
    Washington State 28

The Buffaloes traveled to Pullman to take on the Cougars in a non-conference battle. The Buffs were able to pull away in the fourth quarter. It was a back and forth affair, Wazzu jumped out to a quick lead on a pick 6 on the very first play from scrimmage. Colorado got the ground game going, pounding the rock inside and then busting it outside on sweeps and option pitches. HB Darrell Scott led the way with 177 yards rushing and 3 scores. The Buffs also got a lucky break in the third quarter, when they were able to force a fumble on a punt and return it for a score. Wazzu's QB (Lobbestael?) threw for over 300 yards and a couple of scores in the defeat. The Buffs have a bye next week and then travel to Syracuse to take on the Orangemen in week 4.

Good game Masler!!

4. dakota7

Week 4

Colorado 24
    Syracuse 17

Close game throughout, a real seesaw affair. The Buffs lost HB Darrell Scott on his 4th carry, however back-up Demetrius Sumler came in and picked up some of the slack. Sumler had 3 rushing td's and about 80 yards. The game overall was very clean, the Buffs forced one pick at the end of the first half. The Orangemen were able to mount a effective pash rush, which kept QB Cody Hawkins off balance all day.

gg Bondzai

5. dakota7

Week 5

Colorado 28
    Missouri 14

The Buffs defense dominated, giving up one late score. (the other was a pick 6 from Cody Hawkins) Darrell Scott had 150 yards and 3 scores.

6. dakota7

Week 6

Baylor 10
    Colorado 30

The Buffaloes did a nice job containing Bear QB Robert Griffin, keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to throw. Although Griffin had some success, completing 21/31 for 277, most of it came late when the game was already decided. Griffin was held to only 3 rushing yards and threw 2 interceptions. The Buffs were once again led by HB Darrell Scott, who had 85 yards rushing and 2 scores.

7. dakota7

Week 7

Texas Tech 13
    #20 Colorado 30

The Buffs were on a high coming into this game, having entered the rankings for the first time this season. The defensive gameplan was to allow short catches underneath and make sure tackles right away, and it worked to perfection. The Buffs held the Red Raiders to 6 yards per pass attempt, and when combined with only 13 yards rushing, the Buffs defense was the star of this game. HB Darrell Scott led the way offensively, rushing for 109 and 2 scores, however QB Cody Hawkins had his best game of the season, throwing for 195 and rushing for another 71. Hawkins was also turnover free, which has long been his problem.

8. dakota7

Week 8

#13 Colorado 37
    #6 Oklahoma 34 OT

A huge win for the Buffalo program, should not have really been this close. QB Cody Hawkins passed for over 400 yards, threw for 3 TD's and ran for another. He also tossed an interception to OU which was returned for a TD and had a fumble returned for a TD. That makes 6 total TD's, not all of them for CU. A true feast or famine type of game. Hawkins threw a TD with 37 seconds left in regulation to put CU up 31-28, only to have OU drive into field goal range to tie it up. After the Buffs defense held Oklahoma to a field goal on the first possession of OT, Hawkins connected again with Scotty McKnight for the winning touchdown. Colorado improved to 7-0.

9. dakota7

Week 9

#5 Colorado 36
    Kansas 19

Kansas gave the Buffs quite a scare. The Jayhawks had a 16-7 lead in the second quarter, fueled by 2 Cody Hawkins interceptions. Coach D decided at that point to take the ball out of Hawkins hands, giving it to HB Darrell Scott. Scott responded with 32 carries for 141 yards and 2 scores. The Buffs dominated the second half. The Buffs have ISU next week (I think).

10. dakota7

Week 10

Kansas State 20
    #4 Colorado 40

HB Darrell Scott opened up a can this week. Scott ran for 177 yards and 2 scores and also caught 9 balls for another 70 and 2 more TD's. (although 3 of the catches were option pitches) The Buffs defense held KSU to under 275 total yards and also forced a safety. The Buffs improved to 9-0 on the season and will be traveling to Iowa to take on the Cyclones next week.

11. Dru50

Dakota, do you avoid the Longhorns this year? You have a nice manageable schedule down the stretch, the game vs South Carolina is probably the only landmine to worry about.

12. dakota7

Yeah. I've got ISU Nebraska and South Carolina. I didn't play Texas

13. Dru50

Lucky SOB.:D

I don't know off hand which Big 12 teams I don't play (aside from Colorado), but I hit all the big boys - OU, Texas, Nebraska.

14. dakota7

Week 11

ISU 26
    Colorado 31

The Buffs escape with the win. Cody Hawkins tried to give this one away, but Coach D wouldn't let him. HB Darrell Scott led the way, perhaps for the last time. Scott suffered a season-ending Concussion. This leaves the Buffs with only 2 HB's on their roster. Scott finished the game with over 125 yards rushing and 55 yards receiving. He also found the endzone 3 times. He will be sorely missed. Next week is the annual showdown with Nebraska.

15. dakota7

Week 13

Wasted Opportunities

#4 Colorado 20
    #16 Nebraska 21

Oh, Cody Hawkins.......I can't wait until you leave. The Buffs struggled offensively thru most of this game. They were playing without 3 starters, QB Tyler Hanson, HB Darrell Scott and WR Scotty Mcknight (injured in the first quarter). The Buffs stormed back in the second half, led by HB Demetrius Sumler, only to have him lost early in the fourth quarter. This left the Buffs with only 1 healthy HB, true freshmen James Holman. Trailing late in the fourth, 19-14, the Buffs staged a furious drive. Holman ran with power, finishing the game with about 12 carries for 50 yards. The Buffs were forced to use 3rd string Wr Juan Espinoza as an emergency back, to give Holman a break periodically. Finally, with about 1:45 left the Buffs scored the go ahead TD. Season saved!!! Coach d decides to go for 2, hopefully to give his team a 3 point lead. He calls a Ace Twin PA Boot to the right......(Don't put it in Hawkins' hands!!)..........Hawkins takes the snap, fakes and rolls to his right.......everyone is covered......(throw it away!!!)........Hawkins forces it into the endzone........right to a Nebraska OLB, who returns it 103 yards for the go ahead 2 pointer. No one on my fucken offense can run down an OLB over the course of 103 yards!!!!!!!!!! Colorado loses........Holiday Bowl, here we come.

16. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

ugh...that's some shit right there. I was watching your score periodically from the dashboard and noticed you score the TD to go up by one, then checked back and saw you down 1. My initial thought was "Oh shit, they picked dakota and took it back for two". Tough loss, but you'll still get a BCS bowl.

17. dakota7

Yeah, its still a successfull season. Just blows, I shouldn't have forced the pass for the 2 pts. They had, like 6 people covering my 3 receivers....and still 2 d-linemen chasing me. I should've tried to run it in....knowing Hawkins, he probably still would've fumbled. He is a turnover machine. (Or I am, but it feels better if I blame him)