2010 Clemson Tigers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jerzey5, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

2010 Clemson Tigers

This will be my first game summary because this game was an absolute classic. I don't have all the stats in front of me right now because I am at work and the EA website is blocked here but I will do my best.

Clemson's defense started off dominant carrying over from last game and caused 2 fumbles capitalizing on both and jumping out to a 14-0 lead. Maryland finally turned on the switch in the 2nd quarter and scored 21 unanswered points as Kyle Parker struggled with his accuracy and the Tigers offense stalled out repeatedly.

Clemson went into the 4th quarter down by 2 TD's and Head Coach Dabo Sweeney decided they were going to let the running game try and get them back in it - and so it did. Jamie Harper scored on a goal line toss and then later on in the quarter broke for several big runs including one that set Clemson up for the play of the game TD pass to tie it - it was gorgeous execution by Kyle Parker who pump faked and then hit WR Terrence Ashe in stride for the 32 yd TD. (The video has been uploaded to the EA website)

After the tying TD, Clemson's defense stepped up and stopped Maryland on 3 downs and got the ball back - this time a balanced combination of Jamie Harper and Andre Ellington got Clemson in position for Richard Jackson to hit the game winning 37 yd field goal as time expired...(y)

2. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

Clemson - 35
    Georgia Tech - 10

Clemson's defense absolutey shut down Georgia Tech's option offense with their talented defensive line led by stud DE DaQuan Bowers. Even when Josh Nesbitt dropped back to throw he was pressured and forced to make poor throws which led to his 3 INTs, one of which got taken back to the house.

Clemson's offense started off slow until a trick play got dusted off and put to good use - the Wildcat PA Jet Sweep pass from RB Andre Ellington to WR Xavier Dye put Clemson on the board and they never looked back. Kyle Parker only threw 15 passes but he completed 8 of them and also had a few easy drops from his receivers.

Jamie Harper continued to be the go to back as he rumbled for 91 yards and 3 TD's leading Clemson to their 2nd big win over a ranked opponent this season..

3. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

Clemson 35
    Boston College 3

Clemson's defense dominated again and Bowers and McDaniel continue to shine. Clemson's offense which has been predominantly a running offense came out of the gate chucking the rock all over the field - Kyle Parker torched BC's secondary in the first half and Jamie Harper plowed through them on the ground in the 2nd.

One negative from this game was that starting RB Andre Ellington was injured and will be out 2 weeks with an elbow sprain after making a reception and being pulled to the ground awkwardly - Jamie Harper and Roderick McDowell will get the bulk of carries until Ellington's return..

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That would be a shame if Ellington missed the FSU game ;)

5. Jerzey5

Jerzey5 Walk On

Clemson defeats FSU in a huge ACC matchup

The game started off with a Clemson fumble and an FSU TD followed shortly after...things did not look promising for Clemson in the first few minutes. Kyle Parker rallied the troops though and Clemson played tough defense and stuck to their offense and scored 17 unanswered points.

The game got tight again (3 points)in the 2nd half after an amazing FSU TD drive led by strong armed Christian Ponder. Then the play of the game occurred which swung all the momentum and took the air right out of the stadium. On 3 and inches, Clemson calls a Jet Sweep to Jamie Harper who breaks THREE tackles to then win a foot race down the sideline against Moody for the 70yd td run. After that FSU kind of fell apart as everything went wrong...

Jamie Harper finished as the player of the game: 14 carries, 124 yds, 2 TDs