2010 Format for Tradition I

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by RynoAid, Apr 7, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

2010 Format for Tradition I

So i wanted to start banter about what kind of format we are going to do for '10.

My preference would be to pile into 2 twelve team conferences... with a breakdown like this...

Big 12

North

South

SEC

East

West

I think it would be a better setup for these reasons...

A. You always will have at least a user v user conference championship game in each conference that will be HUGE.
    B. You will have closer rivalries against the 2 teams in your sub-conference
    C. We already play 5 user games a season.. the most you would ever play is 5 user conference games.
    D. Recruiting battles will get even tougher because they will be more localized.
    E. It will give CPU teams in the PAC 10 and Big 10 a chance to compete for quallity prospects outside of the South region we will be dominating.

Just some thoughts... what you guys think?

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

are you saying no Big Ten teams next year....im confused. I am dumb with the conference and scheduling stuff.

I just want to be PSU again.....don't care where u put me

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. the thought was get everyone into conferences that are split via sub-conferences. So that we could ensure a user v user conf championship game every year for both conferences...

it was just a thought... i think the only people tied specifically to their team by fan loyalty are you, me and ramirez. I would be willing to give up playing with A&M for a better setup though.

Scheduling we be much less complicated in this scenario than it currently is with 3 conferences.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I like the idea.. I will say that I'm kind of hoping that we avoid having one team in Florida. And we need to make sure that somebody plays as Texas Tech to challenge A&M and Texas for recruits. If we do those two things, that's a great idea.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

I like the idea of the 12 team conference with the two divisons. I like the idea of making the battle for recruits even harder. I'm open to making custom conferences aswell aslong as they are regionaly bound to keep recruiting tough.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I wouldn't enjoy that.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. im not big on custom conferences either.

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, keep the custom conferences in mind. We will be running this setup in TTII. Most likely will be a hybrid of BIG XII, SEC and ACC schools to try and localize the recruiting battles.

9. jfosh

jfosh Super

If PSU is in the mix you would have to create a custom conference. And level the playing field some how geographicly recruiting wise. Wont work just to add Penn St. while everybody else is beating eachother up in the south.

thoughts ryno?

10. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

So I'm guessing we won't be doing custom conferences? bummer, I wanted to roll with my favorite team, the Syracuse Orange in NCAA 10.....I really don't like Oklahoma or the Big 12 truth be told....I just wanted to run in this league

I'm a Big East guy, but of course that eliminates the possibility of conference championships

I really wish custom conferences would be an option....replace some of the weaker teams in the Big 12 like Vanderbilt, Baylor, Kansas, with Syarcuse or whoever else has an allegiance to a particular team

my .02

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we won't be doing custom conferences.. worst case scenario is we stay like we are with Steelah moving to Tech if he wants to.

The two conference setup would require some to give up teams they love for teams in the conferences we choose.... the only two VIABLE conferences for this setup IMO are Big 12 and SEC.

12. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I don't want to stay in OKlahoma, that much I know

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Technically you could move the entire big 10 to replace the SEC and have the conference championships.

Afterall, the name of the conference is just a name. Fosh is on the right track though, it doesn't make sense to just plug a PSU or Syracuse in without being grouped together with something else.

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

Why are you so against custom conference?

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Rhude I can see where you're coming from but custom conferences would literally ruin the game for me. Is it possible that you could be the Cuse in another tradition dynasty? Wouldn't have to run with Oklahoma again, obviously....

16. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

maybe in the real world it doesn't make sense, but this is a video game...who cares if it doesn't follow what the pursists want

Dammit, I really wanted my team in NCAA 10

And Khaalis is Syracuse in TT III, so that's not an option there

Helli, you know I bleed Orange...you know this man

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

18. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Rhude, as you know I have Syrcuse in TTIII, you can have them when 2010 drops. I'm not attached to them whats so ever. Just took them because I knew a little about them.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think the three works fine as is. I like the 2-conf. setup too but it has holes... If you think we're unlikely to see a user v. user BCS game now, wait until we did that.... lol

Fosh... Can't speak for Ryno, but honestly I absolutely would not play in a league with wacky custom conference setups. I love the tradition, rivalries, etc. of college football the way they exist in real life, and there will be enough dynasties out there that I'll be able to find one that doesn't use custom conferences...

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not - using - custom - conferences .....

all else is negotiable..

21. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Quiet JMS, you have your favorite team already

And I really wanted Cuse in this league...bust some teams up like PSU

If I gotta stay in the Big 12, give me Baylor

22. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thats what im talking about play with teams you want but they need to be grouped by region ideal would put all 12 in same region like your first post ryno from texas to florida. But that aint happening. Think about the advantage USC, OSU, PSU, TEX, and OKL have to start out with. Custom conferences may be the only soloution.

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

U guys are making my head spin.

Ill do whatever the league decides. If I have to divorce PSU....then so be it........but hulk will be sad.....

24. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I'm going to whip Texas A&M ass week...what week is that?

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

What about something like...

Big 12 South - 2 user teams
    Big Ten - 2 user teams
    Big East - 2 user teams
    SEC - 2 user teams
    Pac-10 - 2 user teams
    ACC - 2 user teams

Yeah, I know, we'd dominate the conferences we were set in, but we'd be able to play a lot more OOC user games and still get the seasons done quickly. Also more chance for a BCS user v. user game.