2010 Heisman Shortlist

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Jun 29, 2010.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

2010 Heisman Shortlist

Now up!!

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Heisman List

This is in no particular order. Here's a list of guys on the Heisman short list, mixed with a lil Cream of the Crop touch.

Jacory Harris QB 6-4 190LBS JR 93 OVR

Harris is back under center for the U after making strides his sophomore year. His production and the success of the team went hand in hand, as he struggled late in the year and the Canes wracked up some losses. Coach JCA is familiar with Harris and knows how to use him though, that is something to keep in mind. Harris has plenty of options on offense, as long as he has time to get them the ball he will wrack up stats. Must cut down drastically on the turnovers though, 17 interceptions last year isn’t going to cut it.

JCA’s take: “Jacory has some experience under his belt and really started to grasp what we are trying to do with our offense last year. Our success falls squarely on the shoulders of Jacory and I’m very confident he is ready. If he can cut down on his turnovers, we will be very very hard to beat.â€

DeMarco Murray RB 6-1 214 LBS SR

After an injury riddled season where he split time with Chris Brown, Murray is back to 100%, and without the competition in the backfield. Coach Tuco is a ball possession coach, with a young QB, so look for the Sooner’s #7 to get a big workload-if he stays healthy.

Tuco’s take: “He is the key to the offense; we’ll be running ACE so Murray will be counted on to pick up yards on his own.â€

Blaine Gabbert QB 6-5 240LBS JR 93OVR

Gabbert took over the reigns for Mizzou legend Chase Daniel last season and did not disappoint. The Tiger signal caller was red hot with no INT’s until an ankle injury hampered him for the remaining two thirds of the season. Blaine is the Tiger’s best player, and a sure fire top NFL prospect. Playing in Coach Ryan Hood’s pass happy offense, #11 will almost certainly top his stat line of 3,593 yds and 24 TD’s from last year.

Coach Hood’s take: “We will go as far as Blaine takes us. This is his team. He has been slinging the ball all over the place in scrimmages against Clemson this spring; he can make all the throws from all the angles. If he plays to his potential we can beat anyone.â€

Mark Ingram RB 5'10 215LBS JR 98 OVR

The reigning Heisman winner is back for his junior year for Coach JFunk. JFunk always had bruising backs with the Buckeyes in ’10, Ingram is his prototypical back. His totals from last season of 1,658 yds and 17 TD’s are well within his reach to repeat. Only potential roadblocks to being a repeat winner are his back up Trent Richardson, and if Coach JFunk decides to throw a bit more with ‘Bama now that Greg McElroy is one year older.

JFunk’s take: “His vision, ability to cut, break tackles, and always fall forward is key. His unreal vision and ability to break tackles is what separates him from the rest. If he continues that trend this season he will be in front of the pack to win the Heisman again.â€

AJ Green WR 6-4 205Lbs JR 97OVR

Once the most highly touted WR of his high school class, the junior has lived up to the hype. Green wracked up over 800 yds and 6 TD’s during an injury marred sophomore campaign. Coach Bamaboiking will find ways to get Green the ball, there is uncertainty at QB for the ‘Dawgs so look for Green to be used in many different ways this season.

Bamaboiking’s take: “AJ is our #1 playmaker, one person we know we can always depend on to make that play we need. HE demands so much attention and respect he makes his other teammates better. A lot of guys are talented, and are very good, but the thirst is not there. He (AJ) is hungry, he wants it.â€

Kendall Hunter 5-8 190LBS SR 94OVR

G-Unit loves himself a good tailback like a nice firm pair of titties. He has the tailback at OSU in Hunter. Like many other candidates on this list, Hunter was hampered by injuries last season, something he must overcome for the Cowboys to have a chance to win the Big 12. #24 will be OSU’s go-to-guy this year, and assuming he stays healthy, should be one of the nation’s top runners and a prime candidate for a handful of awards.

G-Unit’s take: “Kendall is going to be our workhorse for the 2010 season. We have no carry over concerns from last season’s ankle injury. How he goes, our team will go in 2010.

Other Candidates
    Terrelle Pryor: SR QB, Ohio State
    Kellen Moore: JR QB, Boise State
    Jacquizz Rodgers: JR RB, Oregon State
    Ryan Mallett: SR QB, Arkansas

3. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Good stuff Hood. I know Ingram will be the favorite and he will undoubtedly get his carries. But Trent will get more touches this season as well as making sure we keep it balanced with Julio Jones, Marquis Maze, and Darius Hanks catching the ball, might make it tough for him to put up the numbers necessary to repeat.

4. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

Green will be my go to target but it dosent help that my offense is so talented i can go so many ways so he touches go down. Two Rb system, A TE that is a defenses worse nightmare, and two dependable WR's not named Green.

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

nice list. great work hood

6. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Hood....the Journalism major....do it son!

7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

great work hood

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Nice job Hood. Looks good man.

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Yeah it's about time I start displaying those skills more here on the forum. I been writing for some websites, I'm gonna start carrying that type of stuff over here