2010 I am not good at this game...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Dec 12, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

2010 I am not good at this game...

I beleive I have only won 3 user games in 5 seasons so far.....starting to make my blood boil.

Bly: 0-0
    Cole: 0-1
    Florrida St: 0-2
    Mogriffjr: 0-5
    Juggs: 2-1
    jfosh: 0-2
    ramirez: 1-0
    Hellisan: 0-0
    Bruce: 0-0
    VaSteel: 0-0
    Rynoaid: 0-0

For a grand total of 3-9

I also have 1 Disco/sim loss vs Cole....

Anyone play shittier than me these first 5 seasons?

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol why have we played so much? U just can't get over the hump against me. Play some of those SEC guys you didn't play yet

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Juggs should be ashamed of himself losing to you twice! Lol!

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We are a locked game every year.

Yeah Juggs...its a mental thing now......But one of those losses.....was not really a loss.

Anyway it cam back to hit me in the ass as Kingers Hail Mary ended up being the score that won him the game and he was about 1 foot OOB.(n)

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I bring shitty play to a whole new level.

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

But you wooped Auburn's ass.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah decades ago....that game was a freaking aberration.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

No. No sir, can't say that I have. :D.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    well juggs lost to louisville CPU...so...it could get worse...lol.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    lol cmon i heard you keeping GT up there!

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think if we compared playing last year's game vs. playing this year's game I'd have to take the cake. You were good last year but beatable JMS. I was obviously beatable but eventually got to be very good. I'm not a "pick it up and dominate" player though, never was, and last year the reason I was good was because I played some very tough players in the side league I was in, and played quite a few random online games against cheesers. Basically just had a LOT of games under my belt. This year I really don't like the game enough to play it other than my Georgia games. I'm getting so tired of seeing all the same shit from everybody in the league, every game, since it's the only thing that works. Same overload blitz schemes off the edge, same fucking slant routes, same everything. Every single time. What a horrible game. So I think that's why I'm struggling. I also think it's why Ryno and I are a good matchup, neither of us ever play this pile unless it's a dynasty game.

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

It's possible I could go 0-12 this season. I think the fleXbox One may be dead after this season.

13. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

I would agree. I am probably .500 in user games if I go and do the math. I've never been a joystick jockey and wont play the guys that are. I only pick the game up to play league games and after the game, if I'm not sleepy, I'll play my Road to Glory character.

Other than that I'm playing Tiger Woods golf or MW2. I'm actually enjoying playing Cafe World on Facebook too.

14. Blaza

I disagree dude. IMO there is more of an any given Saturday feel. Having a more dominant team on the field certainly helps--but I like that good players can have a bad day. As far as overall gameplay, I just can't see how last year's game is anywhere close to this year's. The special teams were broken, the speed was fucked up, the flats were all screwed up. Any 1 star player with 98 speed was the best player on the field. DE's were a fucking joke last year and could never keep contain. This year, fuck around on the edge and you will get tracked down.

Sure slants are probably overly effective, but keep in mind that is probably the hardest route to defend if ran correctly in real life. Yes, out routes are extremely hard to complete, but remember, outs were a money play for years and years on this series. To each his own I suppose, but IMO this game is much much better than 2009.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah slants are hard to coveR but bear in mind that the bump and run can help with that. Plus you have the defensive line u can get better pressure. I'm learning that I don't have to win with speed as it's more of a luxury this year than last year when it was a necessity.

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

IMO this game is way better than last year. Last year was all about speed for me, I had it and could not win. Spent a lot more time playing games in this years version and dont need the speed as much (I agree with you mo) but would love to have some!!

I like that you can get shut down and you can shut someone else down. Defense was hard to find last season.

Anybody can get beat at any time this season....last season was a good place to showcase that.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It's crazy because Helli essentially won last year based on players who had good "secondary" attributes.

Basically he's getting away from what made him good last year...and I feel this game is infinitely better in terms of a thinking man's game. Last year I can have a ton of speed and away we go...imagine playing Tennessee from this year on 09's game...forget it.

For instance, I started the year with my two fastest CB's starting but my 93 speed guy wasn't good as my top "rated" CB. Since I put in my top CB as the main guy, I've been doing a better job in the secondary. His man/zone coverage ratings are tops...while my 93 spd, 80 rated CB is now my nickel back and probably would have been lower had my other top cover CB didn't get hurt for like 8 weeks.

18. Blaza

Exactly, the auxiliary ratings matter this year! To me, this alone catapults it ahead of its predecessor.

I love how this year you can take something away, but in doing so you leave yourself vulnerable in another area.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nah to me a lot of the ratings are completely, and 100% worthless this year. That's the lame thing is figuring out what shit works and what doesn't, because a LOT doesn't. I had two 99 OVR corners last year that did almost nothing for me. And they weren't fast. So it was mostly about their secondary ratings and they were dead weight.

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Really? I don't know but I'm seeing the results...and it's not like I did this on purpose...I had full intent on starting my 93 spd CB but he was getting burned. I noticed my guy gets better position and while he isn't faster, his awareness on routes, his coverage is tighter...trust...I shut down VaTech's #1 WR.

The only attributes I guess are broken sort to say to my knowledge are...trucking (because anyone can move the pile, no matter the size of the RB)...and I don't know about all of those blocking skills...i haven't been able to decipher those yet.