2010 MSU Spartans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KingVMSU, Jul 27, 2009.

1. KingVMSU

KingVMSU Walk On

2010 MSU Spartans

MSU 23---TA+M 21

thrilling game which the Aggies led 14-0. A critical fumble by A+M right before the half led to an MSU TD and instant momentum.

Second half dominated by MSU ground game as the Spartans racked up 161-yards en route to taking a 20-14 lead.

The combination of Fr. Edwin Baker and So. Ahston Legget wore down the Aggie front line as each back split time and got 14 carries.

the Aggies drove down the field and as time was winding down an epic goal line stand took place. for three straight downs the Aggies were denied from the 2 yard line. On 4th down with 54 seconds to go the Aggies gave the rock to FB Anthony Vela to take a 21-20 lead on a FB dive to the weakside.

MSU with one timeout remaining turned to R.Frosh and Oklahoma transfer Keith Nichol to lead a game winning drive in his first start for the Spartans and he didnt disappoint. Up to that point Nichol had been 3-7 on the day and took a beating from the Aggie defense as he was hit and forced to run on several occasions. On the drive Nichol went 4-4 and also mixed in two critical scrambles out of pressure to a wide open middle of the field to set up All big Ten kicker Brett Swenson for the game winner. Despite icing the kicker Swenson made the field goal....by nearly grazing the upright.

Tremendous game and a great start to the season. Tremendous job by jmilhimes as it was straight up football to a tee. Best online game I've ever played.

Player of the game was sr. Free Safety Danny Fortner with 9 tackles and a fumble forced.

Hope this helps and is what is expected from me in the league.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Nice write up.

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Great write up man. It started with the INT in the second. I really needed that 21 point cushion. Cant wait for the remtach. Good luck in the Big 10

4. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Where you at bro?

Been wanting to follow MSU but I havent seen any game summaries? Dont make me go there......

WE ARE PENN ST!!!!