2010 MVP Candidates

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Dru50, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2010 MVP Candidates

Guys, I will start working on putting together a list of 10 candidates for the 2010 Experience MVP. Please feel free to post here any candidates from your school that you think are worthy. The MVP is not offense only, defensive players are welcome, and performance in user games will be highly weighted over stats vs the CPU.

BTW - Demps is not allowed to participate, since he is cheesy as hell in this years game.

Just kidding....maybe....

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Only person who pops in my mind for Ohio State is FS Jermale Hines (#7). Not sure what his stat line looks like but he is everywhere it seems.

3. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Speaking of striaght up cheese.

Georgia Bulldogs - #8 A.J. Green... if it wasn't for this guy, I'd probably be 2-5.

Interesting thing about this guy is that I do not sprint against the cpu after a catch... so is this guy really that fast that the cpu sprinting can't catch him, or am I inadverantly confusing the cpu in NCAA'11 so that a glitch as come up?

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Do you have auto sprint on?:)

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

For MSU QB Kirk Cousins has been the main reason for the teams success. Without him I have no threat of a passing game, and therefore no threat of a running game. His 17/3 TD to INT ratio speaks for itself.

6. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

No.

I saved videos of the three long passes to Green against Tenn and you can see they just can't catch Green, the third video I actually ran left to get tackled... the guy wound up diving straight, so I ran out of bounds... after I did a retarded squiggle trying to run back into him.

7. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Looked like a pretty sweet Tecmo Bowl juke to me haha! You'll need those in a few season when the WRs all have no moves.

And right now, no one on Clemson has really stepped up to claim any right to an MVP. We haven't put a full game together it seems because there hasn't been any consistency for any player on the field. We need to get some of that before we talk about MVPs.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

As will almost always be the case with Michigan, I spread the ball around too much to win any awards, especially MVP type awards. @ QB, my 2 QBs are within 100 yards passing of each other, but that's due to an injury. On the ground, I have 9 different guys with at least 1 rushing TD.

That being said, here are my sacrificial lambs that I'll throw into the ring for the slaughter.

HB Mike Shaw
    90 YPG, 7.0 YPC, 1.5 TDPG

WR Martavious Odoms
    25 catches, 74 YPG, 21 YPR, 4 TDs, 132 rushing yards, 13 YPCarry, 1 rushing TD

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No Auburn candidates to speak of.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I nominate Alabama HB Mark Ingram........

Oh, wait, nope, can't do that. Less than 50 yards rushing against the Gators and 0 TDs.

hahaha, sorry masler just playing.

11. Dru50

2010 MVP Watch List

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Team Pos Year Comments
    Brandon Saine Ohio St HB Senior 554 yards rushing (6.6 ypc) and 5 TDs. Had 183 yards and 3 TDs in win vs Oklahoma St. Held to 57 yards (2.4 ypc) in loss to Miami.
    Mark Ingram Alabama HB Junior 766 yards rushing (5.3 ypc) and 12 TDs. Held to 57 yards and no TDs in blowout loss to Florida.
    Antoine Carter Auburn DE Senior Leads the team in sacks (7), TFL (13) and tackles (23)
    John Brantley Florida QB RS Junior 1,607 yards and 15 TDs passing, 6 INTs. Threw for 146 yards and a TD in win vs Bama.
    AJ Green Georgia WR Junior 31 catches, 721 yards, 8 TDs
    Kirk Cousins Michigan St QB RS Junior 1,893 yards passing, 16 TD, 1 INT. Went 24-30 for 316 yards and 3 TD/1 INT in loss to Michigan. Threw for 349 yards and 3 TD (20-34 passing) in loss to Oklahoma St.
    Brandon Weeden Oklahoma St QB RS Junior 2,102 yards passing, 24 TD, 9 INT. Went 29-36 for 443 yards and 8 TDs in win vs Michigan St. Threw for 351 yards in loss to Bucks.

This is not a final list, as I expect some changes as the season progresses. The big surprise to me was that #1 Miami had nobody putting up impressive stats, as they are winning mainly via a balanced defense.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I actually beat Oklahoma St ;)

13. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Also since your putting stats against users A.J. caught 5 balls for 87 yards and a TD, by no means a breakout game, but a solid effort against a user.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

ACTUALLY, I was going to nominate McElroy, he's got some good stats so far...it's not really fair I've only played one user so far lol

15. Dru50

Sorry guys, I was in a bit of a rush putting this together. This is only the first pass, I'll do another update later in the season (probably about week 10) and then the final 5 prior to the conference championships.

16. jello1717

I'm just curious as to how Saine made the list, but Shaw didn't. Shaw has 9 fewer yards on 5 fewer carries (IE. better YPC), almost twice as many TDs, and had 6.6 YPC (compared to Saine's 9 and 2.4 YPC in user games) and 1 TD in his only user game. His team also has a better record than aOSU's (if that's a factor).

17. Dru50

It's entirely judgemental and by no means a final list at this point.

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya Miami really has nothing but a defense. It's hard to get ben the ball alot, not really a deep threat anymore with Harris out.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    We still have the same Big 10 record, and at the end of the year that's what matters to THE Ohio State University.

20. Dru50

To more directly answer your question, a part of how I determined who was on the first watch list was how important is a certain player to the teams success.

My first thought for Michigan would have been your QB Robinson, since by your own admission he is the key to your running offense. With him being hurt for a few weeks, the stats weren't there, hence no Michigan player on the list.

Saine is on there since looking at Shaun's results, that guy IS his offense. When Saine plays well, he wins, when he doesn't he loses. Then you've got the guys like Cousins, Green and Weeden, who are just putting up ludicrous stats so far.

You'll notice that Texas and Miami have no one on there as well, for much the same reason (spread out stats due to injuries), so it's not like I was picking on Michigan.

Get Robinson healthy and playing again and I would expect him to make the final list.

21. jello1717

What does that have to do with Dru's list being judgmental?

That post makes it look like you were educated at an Ohio state university...

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, sue me for quoting the wrong post.:)

23. Hova

Michigan with an MVP? Come onnnn

24. jello1717

Say what?

25. Hova