2010 NCAA Top Ten

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Jan 6, 2010.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

2010 NCAA Top Ten (first poll)

Again my opinion

# 10 USC-returning QB, young team, great recruits

#9 Texas-young defense-enough returning skill players

#8 Florida-still many underclassmen, great recruits will miss Tebow /Hernadez

#7 Va Tech-loads coming back, lack of great passing/ wr's game keeps them at 7

#6 Nebraska-lack of passing game / great wrs and both DT's are gone including Suh

Top 5 all pretty much have their whole teams coming back.

#5 Iowa

#4 Oregon-

#3 Alabama- Bama will lose more than the other top 5, but the depth and skill players returning is still enough to keep them here.

#2 Boise St

#1 Ohio St

Tressels conservative ways could hold Ohio St back.

Any of the top 5 could / could beat Boise St, but Boise has one big game vs Va tech. If they win that, they are odds on, one of the BCS title teams if they win out.

As we saw the SEC was a little over rated and will be again and many teams lose key player. Bama will win big over over rated SEC teams and win the SEC and play for the title again if Bosie and Ohio st lose.

The Ohio St vs Iowa winner needs to be undefeated to get in since the other top 5 teams could and run through their conference since they have separated themselves from the pack.

In the end I think it will be Bama beating Boise st by 14 points.

Dont sleep on smace salsibury, 4-0 in BCS bowl predictions

2. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Not bad overall smace. I'm not sure if Ohio State will finish #1. Terrelle Pryor looks like he might have it in him after all but I will have to wait and see how he performs next season. I don't think Boise will beat VT but if they do and run the table then I hope like hell the do get to play for the NC. Not sure if Nebraska will be quite the high but I respect the program and Bo Pellini is a hell of a coach so it would happen. Good stuff overall though.

3. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I updated the title. The rankings were my thoughts on preseason top ten. I added how i thought they would play out at the bottom.

Also let me clear this up. I think the SEC is the best conf. top to bottom. I just don't think the gap is that big. My point on being over rated is some teams get rated high just because of SEC name and conf play without a true test of how good they are. Once you get all those teams ranked, a win or a loss vs each other still looks good to the computer. Next season the gap between #11 LSU and #3 Bama is gonna be large. Even though Ole Miss,AK, LSU, Georgia, Tenn all might get ranked. Bama is at least two TDs better than all of them which looks good to BCS computers.( I will wait and see on if they are 14pts better than post Tebow/Spikes/Hernadez/Dunlop/Haden, Florida)

i think that the last four champs from the SEC were not clearly the best teams. They played good games in the bowl games against teams that were not ready or should not have been there. Not the SEC teams fault. You go there to win.

point being
    2003-4 LSU vs OU=USC should have played LSU since you should win your conf championship to play in a title game. but i though LSU was the best team. and it was still only a 21-14 game. and it was a win win for me since LSU and Oklahoma were my two favorite teams at the time.(i must have won like 5 titles in a row and HB Vincent won the Heisman 3 years straight on NCAA 2005 HAHA)

2006-7 Florida vs Ohio St= Ohio St should have been there but if you dont understand how much your offense is affected if you lose your number one wr the first play, you dont realize what could have happened. First thing Ginn scored on the opening kickoff, showing his speed was gonna be a factor.
    When #1 goes down, now on every play #2 thru #5 now run different routes every play then they normally run. To have to think every play what route do i run and not running that route in that formation in practice does affect an offense. Also USC was just as good again.(I dont like USC at all but they were good)

2007-8 LSU vs Ohio St=was a mess of a season But again USC or West Virgina I think would have won the BCS title if they were in the game.

2008-9 Florida vs OU= Ou was worthy and they did not luck up. If you watched the game picture If Spikes and Harvin didnt play, and HB Murray and MLB Reynolds did play most reasonable people would agree OU wins. They held FLA to there lowest points all season without Reynolds, They crossed mid field almost every time they had the ball( atleast 7 times), ran for over 100 yds without Murray (who was explosive then. That knee injury killed his career). They should have kicked those FGs early. Add a few drops and its a 24 14 game.
    Texas Tech had just as much right to claim the Big 12 title game because they beat Texas. By how much didnt matter They had the same record and beat Texas But OU destroyed Tech.
    If you saw the OU vs Texas game. OU was clearly the better team most of the game with a big lead. MLB reynolds got hurt and thats when Texas started moving the ball and add a missed call on that INT and Texas was able to come back. Even with that, USC and Texas matched up even better vs Florida(better LBs and secondary) and if either got in the game I think they win.

2009-10
    This is the first clear title game in a while(probably since Miami vs Ohio St). The two best teams are playing and the winner is unchallenged. Even though Boise St is 14-0 the winner of Bama and Texas is clearly the best team.

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Pelini is a great coach and has really turned around that Nebraska program but I really think next year is Mizzou's year. Not to be a homer, but I think Blaine Gabbert(#2 recruit in country last year) is going to have a coming out year, and the Big 12 is really up for grabs next year so Mizzou might win their first conference title. Just a quick thought from me, look out for Mizzou next year.

By the way, I really hope the voters give credit where credit is due, Boise better be pre-season top 5 next year. With 21 starters returning form an undefeated team, I believe they will finally make it to the Nat'l Title game next year.

5. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Sorry Hood but the Big 12 champ game will be
    OU vs Nebraska like old times. OU wins the Big 12(sorry to be a homer)
    Uconn wins the big east
    Bama wins the SEC-repeat winner
    Ohio st/ Iowa wins the Big 10( i Think it is really a toss up)
    Oregon wins the Pac 10-repeat winner
    Utah wins MTN West
    Va Tech wins the ACC but a close second is a surprise FSU. Miami has a chance but i think they fall short vs FSU.-repeat winner
    Bosie St wins the WAC-repeat winner
    Troy wins the sunbelt-repeat winner(my school HaHa)
    Ohio U wins the MAC

So much returning talent/experience that many of this years conf winners will find a way next year. uconn and Troy are picks from the heart vs my usual eye test.

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Oregon wins the Pac 10-repeat winner

USC takes that back

7. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Three words for ya.
    Masoli
    James
    maehl

8. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

haha. ijust think barkley will mature well

9. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Haha, I feel you,
    I think USC will be very good again and they might only lose to Oregon.