2010 Pre Season MVP Watchlist

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by BDSDIGITAL, Jul 9, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

2010 Pre Season MVP Watchlist

Everybody is going to have a candidate to start the season. I'll adjust the candidates as necessary.

These are also in no particular order:

WR #1DeMarco Sampson Sr. San Diego State

DeMarco was 1st team all MWC last season with 62 catches 851 yards and 8 TD's. With incumbent QB Ryan Lindley (last years team MVP) and with 2nd Team all MWC WR Vincent Brown Sr. on the other side look for DeMarco to have a great Senior year in the Mountain West.

MLB #54 Ben Jacobs Sr. Fresno State

Ben was 1st team all WAC last season and is the anchor on a veteran front 7. With the expectations of a run heavy MWC this season Ben could easily surpass 100 tackles

QB #10 Colin Kaepernick Sr. Nevada

Colin was 2nd team all WAC last season and is one of the best dual threat QB's in the country. He threw for for 2052 yards and 20td's with only 6 int's but also ran for 1351 yards for a 7.3 avg and 16 TD's. He is a dark horse heisman candidate...very dark though. Could be the best player in the MWC this season

QB #2 Omar Clayton Sr. UNLV

Omar is another dual threat QB that could be very dangerous, especially with Jman at the helm. Omar stuggled with his accuracy last season throwing 12 int's to only 13 td's, but also missed a few games with injury.

QB #2 Terrelle Pryor JR. Ohio State

This one is a no brainer. Terrelle is poised to break out this season after a great end to the 2009 season. Terrelle is the best dual threat QB in the country this year and will start the season squarely in contention for the Heisman Trophy.

QB #12 Ricky Stanzi SR. Iowa

Ricky had a disapointing year last year and battled a few injuries. His stats were not great throwing for 2400 yards 15 td's and 15 ints. He comes back for his senior season with a really good Iowa team and although his stats were subpar, he has shown the ability to lead his team from behind and has all the intangibles of a mvp caliber QB.

RB #22 Evan Royster SR. Penn State

Evan was first team Big 10 last season and is probably the best RB in the conference, and maybe in the country. He comes off of a 1195 yard season and is set to have an incredible Senior Season.

QB #8 Adam Weber SR. Minnesota

Adam had a disappointing 2009 season due to a change in offensive philosophy. With a year of playing under center Adam had a good spring and is expected to end his career on a very strong note. They will need him to as this team will need to pull a few upset to have a successful season.

SS #2 DeAndre McDaniel SR. Clemson

DeAndre was a 1st team all american last season and arguably is the best defensive player in the country. He is the anchor of what should be a very good defense. He comes off a season with 102 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 tfl, and 8 Ints! He is a true defensive playmaker and should have a great season.

QB #7 Christian Ponder SR. Florida State

Christian was off to one of the best starts by a Seminole QB in a long time until he was hurt vs. Clemson. He finished with a 68% completion percentage with 14 tds, and only 7 ints. Christian is a Heisman candidate and he should have an excellent season with an excellent receiving corp.

RB #23 Tre Newton SO. Texas

The Longhorns will need one of their RB's to step up to take pressure off of new starter Garret Gilbert and I think Tre will be the one. He ran for a 4.8 ypg avg. Tre has good size and good speed and under the right system could be one of the best RB's in the country.

RB #7 DeMarco Murray SR. Oklahoma

DeMarco is one of my favorite players and is set to have a great season. They will need it to take pressure off of Landry Jones. DeMarco split carries with Chris Brown last year but with the job all to himself he should have a great season and possibly compete for a Heisman trophy.

2. BDSDIGITAL

If we want to publish this via dynasty wire after the season launches that's fine, but I would want a picture of your candidate....that will be the responsibility of the user....if it goes that far anyway. I'm still kinda unclear what the dynasty wire / TF integration will actually be (mostly since I don't like reading the long articles)

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Good work on the pre-season MVP. I'll get you a picture of Pryor once I get the game. I'm sure Buckeyes will be first team I use when I pick the game up at midnight on day of release.

4. BDSDIGITAL

I don't even know if it's necessary..thanks.

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nice work Brian.

What do you think about everyone getting in game photos of their candidates for stuff like this, rather than real life shots?

Regarding the link between TF and dynasty wire-I don't know how that will work either, I think it is still in process. For now let's just keep chugging the content out and we can worry about that later.

6. BDSDIGITAL

That's what I meant...ncaa 11 screenshots for sure. It will keep it all matching and uniform

First post updated with Iowa's preseason mvp candidate.

If you guys get a minute or two take a in game photo of your guy and I'll get it posted here so when the dynasty wire is up we can just post it up. It will already be done basically. Just pm your photo to me or a link to your ea page and I'll go get it.

7. BDSDIGITAL

bump first and last posts edited