1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

2010 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Aug 30, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Recruiting Discussion

2010 TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NATION​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Name Position Stars Key Stats Top 3
    1 David Freeman DT :5stars: Block Shedding:A-, Pursuit:A Signed With USC
    2 Michael Chapman HB :5stars: Acceleration:A+, Trucking:B+, Strength:B+ Signed With Ohio State
    3 Tom Gates WR :5stars: Speed:A+, Acceleration:A, Jumping:B Signed With Alabama
    4 Billy Flynn ATH :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Injury:B+, Strength:B Signed With Florida
    5 Tim Callahan C :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Run Block:B, Pass Block Strength:B Signed With Alabama
    6 J.R. Shaffer ATH :5stars: Speed:A, Acceleration:A, Agility:B+ Signed With Florida
    7 Caleb Quinn HB :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Agility:B+, Stiff Arm:B+ Signed With LSU
    8 Stephon Bates DT :5stars: Stamina:B, Strength:B-, Tackle:B- Signed With Auburn
    9 Evan Thompson SS :5stars: Zone Coverage:B+, Hit Power:B+ Signed With Florida State
    10 Antwon Jones WR :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Agility:B+, Spectacular Catch:B+ LSU, Oklahoma, Michigan
    11 Jason Yates DE :5stars: Power Moves:B+, Strength:B Signed With Miami
    12 Rob Guidry WR :5stars: Acceleration:A-, Spectacular Catch:B+ Signed With Alabama
    13 Freddie Reid WR :5stars: Speed:A-, Spectacular Catch:B, Jumping:B Signed With Alabama
    14 Clay Williamson QB :5stars: Elusivness:A-, Stamina:A-, Speed:B+ Signed With USC
    15 David Hartman HB :5stars: Speed:B+, Stiff Arm:B+ Signed With Notre Dame
    16 Tim Johnson T :5stars: Acceleration:A, Pass Block:B, Strength:B Signed With Florida
    17 Andrae Covington DT :5stars: Power Moves:B+, Injury:B+ Signed With Alabama
    18 Matt Reid G :5stars: Acceleration:B, Strength:B, Injury:B Signed With Oregon
    19 Charles Hall MLB :5stars: Pursuit:A, Hit Power:B+, Stamina:B+ Signed With Georgia
    20 Adam Jude HB :5stars: Juke Move:A, Speed:B, Acceleration:B Signed With USC
    21 Joel Hinds G :5stars: Acceleration:A+, Strength:B+, Run Block:B Signed With Florida
    22 Roosevelt Givens G :5stars: Acceleration:A, Pass Block:B, Run Block:B Signed With Texas
    23 Jim Smith WR :5stars: Speed:A, Acceleration:B, Spectacular Catch:B Signed With LSU
    24 Gary Jenkins C :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Run Block:B, Strength:B Signed With Oregon
    25 Kris Dunlap SS :5stars: Speed:A-, Acceleration:B+, Tackle:B+ Signed With Ohio State

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team 5 Star Offered 5 Star Signed
    USC 4 3
    Ohio State 4 2
    Texas 3 1
    Oregon 2 2
    UCLA 2 0

2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

this is pretty cool. i like it.

i dont like how my usc trojan are only on the radar for 1 of the top recruits

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll get the rest up there tonight. Just ran out of time this morning and had to head to work.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Updated. Use this thread to talk about recruits you have signed and anything in general regarding recruiting.

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Already got a :3stars: HB from Wisconsin with B+ speed and B- agility. Not bad for a :3stars:. Even only spent 10 minutes just to send a scholly his way. If only Wisconsin as a state had better players.

6. DreSmithJr

Just so u guys know... u may want to not talk to those recruits where im number 1..

1 of those guys up there is a USC trojan already.. we sent an escalade to his crib =]

7. MexiRican35

I'll have to outbid that with...cheeseheads!

8. DreSmithJr

lol.... sorry MexiRican...

our cheerleaders just look better .. #lessclothes..

9. MexiRican35

Ya its hard to see the curves when the cheerleaders are wearing sweaters.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Updated.

USC and Ohio State. You guys have too many offers to 5 stars. Consider this your warning! You are only allowed to sign 4 of them!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Big Board Updated Week 3.

USC and Ohio State STILL have too many offers to 5 stars. Get this taken care of guys!!!

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Cheaters.

13. DreSmithJr

u said i can OFFER to as many as i want.. i just cant sign more then the amount stated.

cuz we may not get all the 5 stars we are targeting

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I guess I'll have to re-write the rule so it makes better sense. You can only sign 4 so why would you offer 7 guys scholorships. What if they all signed? I think you are wiggling around the intent of the rule. I can always make the penalties harsher I guess. You can keep the guys on your board and keep talking to them, but you need to only have 4 offers for 5 star guys at a time.

15. dakota7

We are only allowed to recruit 4 Five Star prospects per year. The remaining scholarships may be used on 4 Stars and lower.

I don't see how this sentence is confusing. If I interpret it literally, I shouldn't even be talking to more than 4 Five Star players...let alone offering more than 4 scholarships. Right?

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I guess when I said OFFER, i should have said PUT ON YOUR BOARD. Does that make more sense?

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You can talk to as many as you want. As long as you dont have more than 4 offers out there at one time. You can 8 on your board, 4 with offers. One signs somewhere else, then you can go ahead and offer one of the others on your board. Does that make sense?

I took these rules from the old Southern Exposure. I thought they worked really well and nobody really had any issues with them. Perhaps we should just scrap all recruiting rules next season but I dont think that is in our best interest.

I really just think I need to re-word the rule so its easier to interpret.

18. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Yes this makes much more sense now. 4 offers at any 1 time to 5 star athletes. As many on your board as you choose.

What's the penalty for too many offers at any one time???

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We dont have one :) USC and Ohio State just need to drop some guys from there board since you cant take back a scholorship offer.

20. dakota7

I don't think there is any reason to have a penalty for this. Its the first season, we're all adjusting to the rules. Mistakes happen. If 3 weeks from now, after the mistake was acknowledged, and these 2 teams still had too many offers......then maybe sanctions would be appropriate. In my opinion.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I agree unless they sign more than 5...then the hammer drops!!!!

22. mboda

mboda Walk On

i removed guys from my board and put them back on and it took the scholarship away from them. i only have 4 scholarships offered to 5 stars on my board. i have 3 or 4 5 stars players on my board without scholarship offers to them, does that count or do i have to take them off my board?

23. dakota7

No, you can have as many 5 star players on your board as you want. You can have only 5 stars if you want.....but you can only have 4 offers to 5 star players at any one time.

24. DreSmithJr

removing from ur board.. then adding them back puts u at a huge disadvantage. i understand the rule now.. but i think the PENALTY shud only apply if u sign more then 4. cuz if sum1s recruiting suffers becuz of inability to offer thats silly.

just my 2 cents

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

well I might have gone after an HB had Ohio state not offered Too many 5 star scholarships. Offering too many was advantagous, perhaps the penalty of removing the offer from all but correct amount of them is in order.