2010 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Aug 30, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Recruiting Discussion

2010 TOP 25 PLAYERS IN THE NATION​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Name Position Stars Key Stats Top 3
    1 David Freeman DT :5stars: Block Shedding:A-, Pursuit:A Signed With USC
    2 Michael Chapman HB :5stars: Acceleration:A+, Trucking:B+, Strength:B+ Signed With Ohio State
    3 Tom Gates WR :5stars: Speed:A+, Acceleration:A, Jumping:B Signed With Alabama
    4 Billy Flynn ATH :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Injury:B+, Strength:B Signed With Florida
    5 Tim Callahan C :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Run Block:B, Pass Block Strength:B Signed With Alabama
    6 J.R. Shaffer ATH :5stars: Speed:A, Acceleration:A, Agility:B+ Signed With Florida
    7 Caleb Quinn HB :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Agility:B+, Stiff Arm:B+ Signed With LSU
    8 Stephon Bates DT :5stars: Stamina:B, Strength:B-, Tackle:B- Signed With Auburn
    9 Evan Thompson SS :5stars: Zone Coverage:B+, Hit Power:B+ Signed With Florida State
    10 Antwon Jones WR :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Agility:B+, Spectacular Catch:B+ LSU, Oklahoma, Michigan
    11 Jason Yates DE :5stars: Power Moves:B+, Strength:B Signed With Miami
    12 Rob Guidry WR :5stars: Acceleration:A-, Spectacular Catch:B+ Signed With Alabama
    13 Freddie Reid WR :5stars: Speed:A-, Spectacular Catch:B, Jumping:B Signed With Alabama
    14 Clay Williamson QB :5stars: Elusivness:A-, Stamina:A-, Speed:B+ Signed With USC
    15 David Hartman HB :5stars: Speed:B+, Stiff Arm:B+ Signed With Notre Dame
    16 Tim Johnson T :5stars: Acceleration:A, Pass Block:B, Strength:B Signed With Florida
    17 Andrae Covington DT :5stars: Power Moves:B+, Injury:B+ Signed With Alabama
    18 Matt Reid G :5stars: Acceleration:B, Strength:B, Injury:B Signed With Oregon
    19 Charles Hall MLB :5stars: Pursuit:A, Hit Power:B+, Stamina:B+ Signed With Georgia
    20 Adam Jude HB :5stars: Juke Move:A, Speed:B, Acceleration:B Signed With USC
    21 Joel Hinds G :5stars: Acceleration:A+, Strength:B+, Run Block:B Signed With Florida
    22 Roosevelt Givens G :5stars: Acceleration:A, Pass Block:B, Run Block:B Signed With Texas
    23 Jim Smith WR :5stars: Speed:A, Acceleration:B, Spectacular Catch:B Signed With LSU
    24 Gary Jenkins C :5stars: Acceleration:B+, Run Block:B, Strength:B Signed With Oregon
    25 Kris Dunlap SS :5stars: Speed:A-, Acceleration:B+, Tackle:B+ Signed With Ohio State

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team 5 Star Offered 5 Star Signed
    USC 4 3
    Ohio State 4 2
    Texas 3 1
    Oregon 2 2
    UCLA 2 0

2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

this is pretty cool. i like it.

i dont like how my usc trojan are only on the radar for 1 of the top recruits

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll get the rest up there tonight. Just ran out of time this morning and had to head to work.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Updated. Use this thread to talk about recruits you have signed and anything in general regarding recruiting.

5. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Already got a :3stars: HB from Wisconsin with B+ speed and B- agility. Not bad for a :3stars:. Even only spent 10 minutes just to send a scholly his way. If only Wisconsin as a state had better players.

6. DreSmithJr

Just so u guys know... u may want to not talk to those recruits where im number 1..

1 of those guys up there is a USC trojan already.. we sent an escalade to his crib =]

7. MexiRican35

I'll have to outbid that with...cheeseheads!

8. DreSmithJr

lol.... sorry MexiRican...

our cheerleaders just look better .. #lessclothes..

9. MexiRican35

Ya its hard to see the curves when the cheerleaders are wearing sweaters.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Updated.

USC and Ohio State. You guys have too many offers to 5 stars. Consider this your warning! You are only allowed to sign 4 of them!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Big Board Updated Week 3.

USC and Ohio State STILL have too many offers to 5 stars. Get this taken care of guys!!!

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Cheaters.

13. DreSmithJr

u said i can OFFER to as many as i want.. i just cant sign more then the amount stated.

cuz we may not get all the 5 stars we are targeting

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I guess I'll have to re-write the rule so it makes better sense. You can only sign 4 so why would you offer 7 guys scholorships. What if they all signed? I think you are wiggling around the intent of the rule. I can always make the penalties harsher I guess. You can keep the guys on your board and keep talking to them, but you need to only have 4 offers for 5 star guys at a time.

15. dakota7

We are only allowed to recruit 4 Five Star prospects per year. The remaining scholarships may be used on 4 Stars and lower.

I don't see how this sentence is confusing. If I interpret it literally, I shouldn't even be talking to more than 4 Five Star players...let alone offering more than 4 scholarships. Right?

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I guess when I said OFFER, i should have said PUT ON YOUR BOARD. Does that make more sense?

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You can talk to as many as you want. As long as you dont have more than 4 offers out there at one time. You can 8 on your board, 4 with offers. One signs somewhere else, then you can go ahead and offer one of the others on your board. Does that make sense?

I took these rules from the old Southern Exposure. I thought they worked really well and nobody really had any issues with them. Perhaps we should just scrap all recruiting rules next season but I dont think that is in our best interest.

I really just think I need to re-word the rule so its easier to interpret.

18. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Yes this makes much more sense now. 4 offers at any 1 time to 5 star athletes. As many on your board as you choose.

What's the penalty for too many offers at any one time???

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We dont have one :) USC and Ohio State just need to drop some guys from there board since you cant take back a scholorship offer.

20. dakota7

I don't think there is any reason to have a penalty for this. Its the first season, we're all adjusting to the rules. Mistakes happen. If 3 weeks from now, after the mistake was acknowledged, and these 2 teams still had too many offers......then maybe sanctions would be appropriate. In my opinion.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I agree unless they sign more than 5...then the hammer drops!!!!

22. mboda

mboda Walk On

i removed guys from my board and put them back on and it took the scholarship away from them. i only have 4 scholarships offered to 5 stars on my board. i have 3 or 4 5 stars players on my board without scholarship offers to them, does that count or do i have to take them off my board?

23. dakota7

No, you can have as many 5 star players on your board as you want. You can have only 5 stars if you want.....but you can only have 4 offers to 5 star players at any one time.

24. DreSmithJr

removing from ur board.. then adding them back puts u at a huge disadvantage. i understand the rule now.. but i think the PENALTY shud only apply if u sign more then 4. cuz if sum1s recruiting suffers becuz of inability to offer thats silly.

just my 2 cents

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

well I might have gone after an HB had Ohio state not offered Too many 5 star scholarships. Offering too many was advantagous, perhaps the penalty of removing the offer from all but correct amount of them is in order.