2010 Recruiting Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    2010 Recruiting Preview

I want to know what you guys are planning to do with regard to recruiting for your teams. We picked these teams to rebuild into conference championship contenders, but we all have heard about the more challenging recruiting system. I want to get some talk buzzing about this topic.
  2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Jul 22, 2009
    Ive always liked to run the ball, but it seems like the last few ncaa have favored the pass alot more than the run. through the demo it seems as if running the ball is more balanced that previous years!

Arkansas will be looking for skilled players in every position, but id like to build a power running program(atleast after MALLET leaves lol). ill be recruiting Power backs as well as speed backs to give the ole one-two punch. Bring back the days of D-mac and Felix the cat!! Ill be recruiting heavy run blockers and ill always be looking to get the best talent available to me! In summary, im going to try my best to run the ball more thn pass it this year...but if that fails ill go back to the ole foward pass..blah blah blah

xXPHACTR Banned

Jun 27, 2010
    Hopefully it will work like many of the other years. You can take over a decent team and play well and get good momentum going on the recruiting front. I haven't ever had a real problem recruiting good talent. Maybe we will need to focus on more 4 star players the first year or two maybe not. I will try my best to get all the kids I target from the state of California. After a stomp UCLA and USC into the ground the state will be mine!! (evil laughter) :).
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jul 6, 2009
    Virginia Cavaliers

The Cavaliers plan to start building from the foundation. I am talking offensive and defensive line, and leaders on both sides of the ball. We have some talent at the QB position, but I want a leader for the future. I may go big the first season and see if I can challenge this recruiting system. Of course, the chance of nailing a big time QB is doubtful, so we will dig the system heavily for hiddens gems at this position. We will keep it very quiet for what we find, if any.

With a leader at QB, you need a system to protect him. The offensive line is another big focal point for this season. We're not terrible here, but there is always room for improvement.

~Other Offensive Recruiting Keys
    *HB. The running game is who I am as a coach, so no matter what the depth or skill I have at that position, I will always look for big time running backs.

*TE. Looking for a tall, agile, dual-use TE who can block and catch. A redzone threat is what I will be looking for.

*WR. Not a panicky need, but will keep eyes open for receivers for the future. Tall and fast.

When looking at the defensive side of the ball, it's the front 7. Linebackers in particular. I am a linebacker at heart and believe that defense wins championships. Don't need lightning fast linebackers, just backers that can make sure tackles and, as the middle backers, can clog up the middle effectively, and as outside backers, can contain. It seems so simple and so obvious, but it can be hard to put together a great 3-4 unit. The defensive line is also a part of the success and big, strong nose tackles, and agile defensive ends who can shred tackles.

~Other Defensive Recruiting Keys

*Safeties are saviors. They see everything and end plays that could be big. Hard hitters and ball hawks.

*CBs. Will be looking hard here as well. Don't have much to say about it as compared to the front 7, but CBs can make a defense it's label.

~Key Special Team Prospects

Kickers are, in my opinion, very underrated. I played NCAA 10 with very good kickers, and poor kickers. I need a great kicker. When the kickoff goes to the 20-25 when you give it all you can with neutral wind...there is a problem. When you can put it through the uprights on kickoffs when kicking into 5-10 MPH wind, you have something special.

Kick Returners are HUGE. I like speed and agility and this is one of the most intense moments for me in the game...bringing a kick back.
  5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Jun 28, 2010
    Purdue Recruiting:
    Depending on where the chips fall and who's interested in Purdue the recruiting can go anywhere. As of now Purdue is going to recruit to play old fashioned Big 10 football and search for balanced running backs, O-Line, blocking tight ends, and power full backs.

Purdue's main recruiting effort will come on the defensive side of the ball. Defensively they are going to recruit to play in a 4-3 scheme with an emphasis on Defensive Tackles and Linebackers. With all the talent in the Big 10 Purdue will focus on stopping the run and will need to get a good 4 man pass rush to succeed. Winning will be the ultimate way to sway recruits. A good 2010 and 2011 season will really draw the attention of top recruits.

They will need to key on special teams with the defensive and running game plan. Purdue will be looking for speedy punt returners and a strong legged punter.
  6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Dec 10, 2009
    2010 Washington Huskies Recruiting

"Depth, Depth and did i say? Depth? Ohhh ok good!" that's what Coach Tubb reiterated when he was asked about this upcoming seasons recruiting strategy in a recent interview. The 2010 U-dub recruiting strategy will be to add depth to an already young group of guys. With more than half of the fall roster filled with freshman and sophomores, the Huskies will look to be bring back a somewhat young team that has some experience at the skill positions. A lack of talent on the O-line and at the WR and CB positions are a cause for concern going foward. However depth at fb, punter and both sides of the line will be the most pressing needs for the 2011 season.

The first order of business for the Huskies will be to fill the voids left by QB Jake Locker, FB Austin Sylvester, C/G Ryan Tolar, T Cody Habben and S Nate Williams. Coach Tubb will surely recruit Blue Chip players to replace the ones leaving at these key positions. A blocking TE with speed and a moblie QB will be areas of focus for the recruiting Coordinators. Also, Coach Tubb favors Hard-hitting DB's, so be on the look out for these type of players in the secondary.

Offensive Targets:
    1-2 Qb's, A Scambler and probably a Pocket Passer as well depending upon the level of interest in school and location by the recruit.
    1-2 FB's
    1 Tall Receiver 6'4'*
    1 Receiving TE
    2 Centers
    2 guards
    2 tackles

Defensive Targets:
    3 DT's
    2 Coverage OLB's
    1 MLB if I have room
    2 CB's
    1 S