2010 - Season in Review

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Dru50, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2010 - Season in Review

Thought it would be good for posterity's sake if everyone put together a few paragraphs on how their season went. I'll kick us off.

Mississippi St 2010 – Season in Review

This was a magical season for the Bulldogs, quite possibly the greatest season in the history of the program. A 13-1 record, including wins on the road vs defending national champion Alabama and longtime rival Ole Miss, an SEC title and a Sugar Bowl victory vs Utah adds up to a year that will live in the memory of Mississippi St fans for a long time.

The team was carried for long stretches this year by a defense that made plays each and every week to keep the young offense in the game. Led by senior OLB KJ Wright (team leading 46 tackles, 19 TFL and 3 sacks) and senior DE Pernell McPhee (team leading 25 TFL and 11 sacks), the run defense and pass defense were stout and prevented teams from running away with large leads.

The offense was helmed by junior QB Chris Relf, who had one of the best seasons by a Bulldog QB ever, putting up 2,393 yards passing, 368 yards rushing and 24 combined TD’s (including a team record 20 TD passes). The rushing game was led by HB’s Robert Elliott (1,255 yards and 18 TD) and Montrell Conner (335 yards, 3 TD) and the receiving group was balanced, with TE Marcus Green leading the way with 849 yards and 7 TD. WR’s Brandon Heavens and Chad Bumphis combined for over 1,100 yards and 11 TD. The good news for Bulldog fans is that the bulk of the offensive skill position talent should be back next season.

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

South Carolina

Overall: Decent season. We had higher hopes, but we'll take what we can get. We implemented a new offense into the program that at times was unstoppable, and at other times, sputtered. I would have liked to beat Clemson for control of South Carolina, but it is what it is. We will be back next year, especially after a year of playing in our new offense.

Offense: At times we were unstoppable, and at other times we felt like we were UVa. Our wide receiver hands really killed us, and that will be a focus in future recruiting. Our top two receivers had over 1,000 rushing, so no complaints there. Garcia (r-JR), quarterback, really impressed us with his decision making and accuracy. With most of our skilled players coming back, we look to improve on offense next season.

Defense: Well, we don't have one. There is not much to say. We gave up over 30 points a game. A couple games the defense actually stepped up, but besides a few games, we just plain sucked.

Statistics

Passing
    YEAR PLAYER CLASS RATING COMP ATT YARDS TD INT AVG G COMP%
    2010 Stephen Garcia Junior (RS) 139.6 296 542 4710 30 17 362.3 54%

Rushing
    YEAR PLAYER CLASS ATT YARDS AVG TD AVG G
    2010 Marcus Lattimore Freshman 146 532 3.6 15 40.9

Receiving
    YEAR PLAYER CLASS REC YARDS AVG TD AVG G
    2010 Jason Barnes Junior (RS) 77 1342 17.4 9 103.2

Defensive
    YEAR PLAYER CLASS TACKLES TFL SACKS INT
    2010 Rodney Paulk Senior (RS) 85 19 0 1
    2010 Chris Culliver Senior 41 4 2 5

Offense Team Stats
    YEAR YARDS G PASS G RUSH G PPG
    2010 434 370 63 35.7

Defense Team Stats
    YEAR YARDS G PASS G RUSH G PPGA
    2010 416 291 125 31

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Duke's season was a disaster, finished 5-7.

Leading Passer: Sean Renfree
    Leading Rusher: Desmond Scott

The defense was poor, in the bottom 10. The offense was prolific in yardage, but short on points.

Translation: I want to forget the worse year I've ever had. Even with Army last year I felt like I did more in year one.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Kansas State 2010 season

Offense: Our offense was strong on the ground, i think we finished the season #1 in rushing.... Danny Thomas was a beast, DeMarcus Robinson was a great #2 but struggled mightily as a #1....... Devon DinWiddie has serious potential as a scatback..... Billy Cosh is the future at QB..... Colin Klein is talented but he fumbles far too frequently to be a starter despite his potential. At receiver, Broderick Smith is the only player worth mentioning, every other WR is extremely replacable, and will be replaced over the few seasons. At Tight End, Tannahill was average and his backups were well below average to the point that they were glorified blockers who were allowed to run pass routes but couldnt catch passes......

Defense: Troy Butler is a beast...... between Butler and FS Lemur they were studs.... MLB Wright was extremely solid..... he wanted to leave but a 10 minute conversation with the ole ball coach and he decided to come back and play for KSU his senior year.... Harrison was a beast as our shutdown corner and will be sorely missed....

Defense:

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

sorry - for some reason my post just reposted itself from earlier ... move along ...