2010 USC Trojans Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

2010 USC Trojans Game Summaries

[​IMG]
    The Trojans went 6-1 (4-1) before Coach Papa came in midseason.

2010 Season Schedule

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Week Opponent Game Result
    1 @ Hawaii W, 44-24
    2 BYE
    3 @ Minnesota W, 48-0
    4 @ Washington L, 31-56
    5 @ Cal W, 37-14
    6 Stanford W, 40-13
    7 Washington State W, 55-7
    8 Oregon State W, 34-31
    9 BYE
    10 Arizona W, 41-19
    11 @ Oregon L, 21-33
    12 @ Arizona State W, 45-14
    13 Notre Dame W, 45-20
    14 UCLA
    15 BYE

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Welcome to the rivalry Papa......glad to have you.

3. Papa Perry

Thanks Dakota, it's good to be back in The Rivalry and to see some familiar faces *cough* I mean user names. I see you have taken over my former team and I wish you the best with them. Maybe Era will get off his tail and hook me up with one of them bomb-ass sigs:D just playing man... but I do want one haha.

And now I present to you the results of the first game, in his return to the Rivalry: COACH Papaaaaaa Perrryyyyyy!!!!

Despite Resiliance, Trojans Wrap Up Their Opponent And Stick'em In The Hole; USC Beats Arizona 41-19

The 1st quarter was interesting to say the least. Neither explosive offense could score a TD but Arizona drilled a 52 yard field goal to creep into the lead. The fun started happening in the 2nd quarter after the USC tied the game up. CJ Gable was a human wrecking ball and Joe McKnight was playing "Catch Me If You Can" with the Arizona defense. The first TD of the night came when CJ Gable plowed through the Body Odor Mountain that both team's linemen formed. Then Aaron Corp threw a 6 yard pass on the rollout for a TD.

Arizona had just about mounted a comeback in the 2nd half but USC would score just when Arizona would get their hopes up.

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good - Offensive Skill Players

5 players had 2 or more receptions and averaged more than 10 yards per reception. Gable and McKnight combined for 191 yards and had 1 TD each. Curtis McNeal only had 3 carries but busted one for 32 yards and a TD.

The Bad - Aaron Corp's INT

He played good but that INT was bad. The defender was right in front of him and knew where the ball was going, so Corp gave it to him.

The Ugly - The Secondary

The defense sacked the QB 8 times!!! You can't tell me he wasn't pressured or had time to sit in the pocket. Our only INT was by a defensive linemen and no one had more than one pass deflection. These guys are gonna need to step up or their future with USC could be ugly.

4. Papa Perry

Week 11 - USC @ Oregon

USC Eliminated From Pac-10 Chase, Lose To Oregon 21-33

At the beginning of the week Coach Papa said he was excited about their game against Oregon and had always wanted to visit there. Now he more than likely never wants to go back. And neither does the rest of the team, especially Aaron Corp. He began the game with an INT in his first pass attempt and ended the last to Trojan drives with INT's. Joe McKnight had a great day rushing and helped take the pressure off of Corp during the game so corp could make some easy throws. The secondary was terrible again but part of that can be blamed on lack of pressure on the QB.

The Good - Joe McKnight

137 yards and 2 TD's with one of them being a 74 yard run after breaking what would have been a tackle for loss.

The Bad - Defense

Stopped the run ok but now the pass defense is looking really weak. Only 2 sacks and 0 deflected passes.

The Ugly - Aaron Corp Under Pressure

Watching him try to rally a team from behind is just painful. Just when he gets a rhythym going he folds. Barkley could start warming up soon...

5. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

The McKnight run had me losing my mind, I think it was my OLB Paysinger who had him for around a 4 yard loss, and next thing I know McKnight is out of it and outrunning my entire defense to the end zone.

6. Papa Perry

LOL yea i was just about to throw my controller when I realized I broke the tackle. Man I just realized I write about my quarterback's like they're a bunch of jackasses and I'm the one controlling them. haha

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

haha we all blame the quarterbacks

8. Papa Perry

Yea. the first one I threw, huronia will probably back me up on this, was completely boneheaded. I threw it to a guy running the slant and the MLB was right in between the QB and the WR...stupid.

I will definately be missing Joe McKnight and CJ Gable. I think I'm gonna find a different playbook though. Having only one shotgun formation is tough when coming from behind. But I also want the Maryland I formation so I can run the Miami package. That opened the hole for one of my TD's.

9. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

Tough loss to Oregon but you still have a Bowl to look forward too. QB's gotta love and hate them, especially when we make the bonehead decisions for them.

10. Papa Perry

Week 12 - USC @ Arizona State

USC Puts The Sun Devils In The Shade; Win 45-14

USC jumped on ASU in the first quarter and broke their spirit. After going up 38-7 in the first half they put it on cruise control for the rest of the game. Corp had a terrible day going 9-20 and throwing an INT. He made up for it with 2 TD's though. The Trojan defense again showed to be week against the pass allowing 227 passing yards but they did pick off the ASU QB 3 times. 4 Trojan running backs combined for 317 rushing yards and 3 TD's. Defense shut down the running game and put ASU in negative yardage at the end of the day.

The Good - 12-15 3rd down conversions

The Bad - 227 allowed passing yards

The Ugly - 6 game INT streak for Corp