2010 User Game Recaps and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by DreSmithJr, Oct 8, 2010.

1. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

2010 User Game Recaps and Discussion

Post your game summaries each week in here...

if you have them in another thread already..

JUST COPY and PASTE

(y)

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

How about making this a USER game discussion thread?

3. DreSmithJr

that works who cares about cpu recaps anyway unless its a BOWL game u can change it

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Try not to let scores get out of hand guys...

Obviously, it can be tough to not score against the FCS teams...

But if you're up by a lot at half / going into the 4th, pull the starters...

Start calling plays more conservatively early (inside runs instead of outside runs!) or turn on chew clock earlier (Nobody is going to care if you chew the whole 4th quarter when you're up by 150).

Anyway, I think the crazy score lines will probably go away when people aren't playing complete scrub teams, but just watch for it.

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Where are the USER v USER recaps?

6. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

So I am guessing we post those here along with the post in our regular game summaries?

7. DreSmithJr

......:: Week 2 Penn State @ Alabama ::......

"The Nittany Lions Invade Bryant-Denny Stadium and Leave With a Victory"

[​IMG]
    Evan Royster Dives In Endzone For A TD

"Week 2 in college football featured the Youth of Penn State against the Experience of Alabama. The 1st quarter began with both teams playing tight defense and not giving up any points to the other one. Then in the 2nd quarter Penn State took a 14-3 lead after getting 2 touchdowns from each of their 2 headed monsters at RB, Evan Royster and Stefon Green. They hoped to go into the half up by 11, but Julio Jones caught a BOMB with 56 sec left to make the score 14-10 before the half.
    The 3rd quarter began like the first with both defenses playing well and not giving up any points... until Penn State managed to punch it it on a short pass to FB Joe Suhey to make the score 21-10 going into the 4th. Then after getting a interception in the redzone, Penn State was able to get another score on a long running play by Stefon Green to seal the victory. Alabama managed to score 2 more TDs against the Penn State prevent defense before the game ended 28-23.. Nittany Lions."

Player of the Game Honors go to Freshmen Robert Bolden who went

15-18 233 yards with 2 tds and NO interceptions in the hostile enviornment

GG Mboda

8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Big Freaking Win...

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The game summaries thread all game summaries should be stored there. This thread was created to get some chatter pregame and post game on user matchups.

10. Wick36

OSU Miami summary is in my thread.

11. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Oregon vs Tennessee Game Preview

Week 1
    Oregon gets a huge win versus a non bcs qualifier New Mexico 44-21. Oregon had a tough time establishing the run, which led to 276 passing yards. QB Nate Costa took over after starter Darron Thomas was injured.​

Tennessee played a very poor opponent in week 1. FCS southeast was no much up for this rebuilding team as Tennessee won 49-0. Tennessee practically ran the ball on ever snap as they had multiple players run for over 100 yards.​

Keys to the Game
    1. Turnover battle: The team that forces the other into multiple turnovers will win.​

2. Rushing attack: With Oregon struggling to run out of the shotgun last week one would expect them to have adjusted this past week in practice.​

3. QB play: Both QB's are young and inexperienced. Tyler Bray threw 3 passes last week. If Tennessee wants to win he will have to throw more.​

4. Crowd Noise: The Oregon Ducks are about to step into one of the most hostile environments in the nation. How they adjust to that will determine the outcome in this game.​

Predictions
    The Oregon Ducks are a high powered offense with a very formidable defense. Tennessee is still in a rebuilding stage and needs game like this to develop their young talent. If oregon has more than 200 yards rushing than I expect them to win the game hands down. If UT's defense holds them to under 200 Tennessee defenitely has the advantage. ​

Oregon 27 Tennessee 21

12. Wick36

200 yds rushing is a lot. :p

13. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I had over 300 yards rushing last week. Yea I was playing FCS southeast but idc

14. thatrunnertv

thatrunnertv Walk On

Great little write up there, has me pumped about the game later today. I am not sure that I am ready for a user vs user game with this team yet just having played one game with them but we will give it a go. It sucks not to have the starting QB in the game. Last week I played 2 guys and both lacked in the accuracy department. Cant say that I am too confident coming in but we will see how it shakes out in the game.

Refresh my memory, where you Kentucky in the last dynasty? If so we are developing quite a little rivalry here.

15. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Yea, I was kentucky and we had some good games in the old dynasty. Currently the series is tied 1-1. Both winning on the others home field if I remember correctly.

16. thatrunnertv

thatrunnertv Walk On

Lets keep that streak going tonight.

17. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

haha I like the attitude but no so much of that outcome.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Should be a heck of a game... User games are so unpredictable. Turnovers usually play a huge role.

19. Wick36

Aren't you the home team? o_O

20. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Yea, the road team has won both games.

21. Wick36

I fail at reading comprehension

22. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

haha its cool man we all do from time to time.

23. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

[​IMG]

1st Quarter
    The first quarter started off with Tennessee taking the opening drive and grinding out a touchdown. The drive lasted almost three minutes and was capped off with a 30 yd screen pass to Tauren Poole. The Oregon Ducks seemed to have that shell shocked look all throughout the first quarter.

2nd Quarter
    The Oregon Ducks made a costly error by attempting to receive a punt within the five yard line without calling for a fair catch. LaMichael James fumbled the punt but did recover it at the two yd line. Linebacker Nick Reveiz recovered a fumble on the next play and returned it for a score. With Tennessee up 14-0 Oregon seemed desperate and nervous throughout the rest of the half. At halftime the score was 20-3. With Tennessee capitalizing off key Oregon Turnovers.

3rd Quarter
    The third quarter was dominated by the Ducks in all areas of the game. Coach Runner must have gave the team a royal butt chewing at half time and got there focus on the game and not the crowd. Kenjon Barner returned the opening kickoff 102 yards for a touchdown. He had been close on a few previous attempts and it was just a matter of time before he broke it. We then both preceded to trade interceptions with mine being returned for six. Before the end of the third quarter Tyler Bray hit Gerald Jones for a 40 yd score and allowed UT to gain some relief after playing a bad third quarter. Score going into the 4th 27-17 Tennessee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4th Quarter
    The fourth quarter was a defensive battle from both sides. Possessions went back and fourth. Oregon however, was driving with and with about 4:29 hit a huge field goal to bring the score to 27-20. Tennessee got the ball back and ran the ball on three straight plays three and out for the Oregon defense. Oregon had all three timeouts and all the momentum in the world on there side. Oregon faced a fourth and 2 play from the 20 yd line. Of course the Tennessee defensive blew a coverage and allowed the first down. So Oregon has the ball in the goal line with the time running its 4th and goal from the 2 with 0:04 left in the ball game... I will let the video tell the rest.
    Well could not get the video to upload. Oregon decided to run James up the Middle thank god I blitzed and we caught him for no gain. Turnover. Ball game.

Oregon 20 Tennessee 27

24. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Great game runner could not have asked for a better person and team to play. Look forward to playing in Eugene next season.

25. williatr

williatr Walk On

Sorry so late, but OSU vs Miami game was summed up by KillerNuts. Miami went away from running the ball and that was the deciding factor. The way the Hurricaine are going to win is running the ball setting up the pass. Tyrell Pryor was the offense for the Buckeyes he lead the team in passing and rushing. The Hurricaine would play good defense, but Pryor would just take off and get the first down. Hopefully Miami can bounce back.