2010 Va Tech Hokies

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

2010 Va Tech Hokies

Be prepared to stop the run. He comes out in unbalanced formations and if you're in zone, he'll run a option/toss/counter/maybe power? to the side where he has bodies. If you're in man, he'll run to the weak side and try to get outside. I didn't see any blatant late pitches.

He did throw some and had some serious success but I can't tell you what he did as it won't let me look at any of the highlights (thanks EA). He liked to throw to Davis.

On D, he spreads his line out every play and likes to show blitz. If you run 4 WR, he'll probably run $.05 3-3-5 and he'll still spread out his line to where he'll have the NT over C and DEs outside OTs and he'll bring his LBs inside. You may try some runs there. That being said, he wants to stop the run first (obviously) and I think he was bringing LBs on run blitzes between the spread OLine in the 4-3.

2. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

He will run down your throat, but not a whole lot up the middle. I keyed in on the pitchman with not a lot of success. Does a great job of keeping pitches legit. Do not go overboard on hard hits. He will make you pay. If you can keep his runs to short gains, you stand a good chance to beat him.

On 3rd and long(or passing yardage), he will go to Davis 90% of the time. I keyed him on every passing 3rd down, but despite him sometimes being triple covered, I could not even stop him half the time. Mix up your blitzing schemes and you may have success getting to the QB. I did. I was able to force him into a lot of third and longs, but could not shut Davis down.He is the only receiver that will hurt you unless he starts targeting other receivers.

He shut Ingram down. He brings lots of blitzes and I was able to torch the defense through the air. Streaks and deep routes worked well. You may be able to look for receivers left open do to their coverman blitzing.